• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Countdown Thread  "TWO WEEEEKSSSS....................."

And another...

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 30 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

A question about the demo, if I'm in Australia, does that mean I get the demo June 3rd 12am Australian time? Or do I have to wait for the Americans...

User is offline   Lunick 

Micky C, on 31 May 2011 - 01:29 AM, said:

A question about the demo, if I'm in Australia, does that mean I get the demo June 3rd 12am Australian time? Or do I have to wait for the Americans...

I went into EB today to collect my First Access Code and asked and they said it should be Late Friday but I don't know how trustworthy they are.

• Honored Donor

Lunick, on 31 May 2011 - 01:36 AM, said:

I went into EB today to collect my First Access Code and asked and they said it should be Late Friday but I don't know how trustworthy they are.

That'd be cool, I could just come home from school and play DNF until midnight Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Micky C, on 31 May 2011 - 01:55 AM, said:

That'd be cool, I could just come home from school and play DNF until midnight Posted Image

I was planning on skipping school too as it is the final day of this term (well for me anyway).

• Honored Donor

I thought you were in Australia Posted Image It's the middle of the term for me.

We all have iPads so I'll be waiting for the email that delivers the golden news, and then I'll give everyone a hug! Which is slightly disturbing because I go to an all guys school Posted Image

This post has been edited by Micky C: 31 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Micky C, on 31 May 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

I thought you were in Australia Posted Image It's the middle of the term for me.

We all have iPads so I'll be waiting for the email that delivers the golden news, and then I'll give everyone a hug! Which is slightly disturbing because I go to an all guys school Posted Image

Tasmania :angry: and the hug thing would be nothing in my College, trust me.

This post has been edited by Lunick: 31 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

I'll keep reading the forums. I can't believe some of my friends still don't believe it's coming out. Well I'll show them on June 3rd. :angry:

Jeff, on 31 May 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

I'll keep reading the forums. I can't believe some of my friends still don't believe it's coming out. Well I'll show them on June 3rd. :angry:

People that still don't believe it's coming out are either trolls, very uninterested in this game or they are incredibly dumb and ignorant.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 31 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

User is offline   ch108 

WhatTheFunk, on 30 May 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm gonna play through Duke 3D and Manhattan Project. I may just skip the demo and dive right into the balls of steel edition. I feel like playing the demo a few days before the full game will sorta ruin the enjoyment of just playing the full game for the first time. I've waited a long time for this so I want it to be special and new, not replaying the first few levels or whatever.

I don't know, I mean I played the shareware version of Duke 3D and it didn't hurt the game for me at all. Different strokes I guess.

User is offline   Kathy 

Shareware had a full first episode. You didn't need to replay it in full game. DNF demo, on the other side, won't be the first "episode" of the game.

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

Helel, on 31 May 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

Shareware had a full first episode. You didn't need to replay it in full game. DNF demo, on the other side, won't be the first "episode" of the game.

Heck, we don't even know what it will contain.

• Honored Donor

It's not too late to register a code and select a platform for the demo is it? The deadline was ages ago...

User is offline   Jeff 

I even told them that the game was passed off to Gearbox, and I also showed them all the new stuff (eg. trailers, etc), and they said "I'll believe it when I see it".

It's too bad I have to work Friday, otherwise, I would probably play the demo all day.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 01 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Jeff, on 01 June 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

I even told them that the game was passed off to Gearbox, and I also showed them all the new stuff (eg. trailers, etc), and they said "I'll believe it when I see it".

It's too bad I have to work Friday, otherwise, I would probably play the demo all day.

That's okay, Jeff... You will have the night to download it, and have it ready to play first thing Saturday morning after breakfast. At least that's what I'm gonna be doing.

Anyway, now we're at 12 1/4 days until launch. What a more appropriate day for the DNF release other than Flag Day? There's a flag in the DNF logo, for crying out loud!

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 01 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

I'll get home around 7, so I guess I'll have all evening to play it. :angry:

Maybe we should have two or three separate countdowns, the first one to count down towards the demo release, then the big one set for our European and global friends for the 10th, then for us in North America for the 14th.

User is offline   Stewox 

http://www.reddit.co...duke_got_lucky/

User is offline   coheed82 

Heya, been away for awhile.. but im back. been playing Scarface, resident evil 4, & might & magic in the lead up to the demo.
Ive finished paying for my duke nukem forever preorder, now just waiting for tommorow!!!!!
im in adelaide, i hope the demo will be released @ 12am not like 7pm or something like that!...
ill be stayin up all night regardless just incase it comes out early..
:angry:

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

Micky C, on 01 June 2011 - 03:05 AM, said:

It's not too late to register a code and select a platform for the demo is it? The deadline was ages ago...

No, it's not too late. The dealine was to gather platform statistics.

User is offline   Jeff 

I'm going to wake up tomorrow knowing it's the best day of my life.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Is the demo being released by time zones or is everyone getting access at once? (I am not FAC so I wouldn't know)
If it's the last, the server congestion is going to kick some ass.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 02 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

The Commander, on 02 June 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

Is the demo being released by time zones or is everyone getting access at once? (I am not FAC so I wouldn't know)
If it's the last, the server congestion is going to kick some ass.

That's what I'd like to know as well.

Jeff, on 02 June 2011 - 10:45 AM, said:

That's what I'd like to know as well.

Well, it's already the 3rd here and has been for 7 hours now.
I haven't seen any chatter about it on any NZ sites yet.

User is offline   Alithinos 

I guess it will be out for everyone when it gets June 3rd at Texas where Gearbox is.

(but I hoped that we would get it with time zones at 12 o clock in each one,it would be great :angry: )

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 02 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

Alithinos, on 02 June 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

(but I hoped that we would get it with time zones at 12 o clock in each one,it would be great :angry: )

I thought this would have been the more sensible thing to do instead of putting huge strains on the download servers and then making the players wait FOREVER just to play the demo.

User is offline   Alithinos 

The Commander, on 02 June 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

I thought this would have been the more sensible thing to do instead of putting huge strains on the download servers and then making the players wait FOREVER just to play the demo.

Yeah,it would also be cool. :P
Another cool thing would be if stores had midnight release parties...
Damn,WoW had one,why not Duke ? :blink:
I'd love to stay awake and get to the store to be from the first who will get DNF in their hands! :angry:

That was because WoW wasn't R18 like Duke is, most countries/places/shops wouldn't like having parents bitching because they open late to sell an R18 game.

Although who knows, some places still might if they anticipate good sales from it.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I haven't got the pre-order just because, after 13 years of this shit, I want to walk into store, pick the case off a shelf and pay for it over the counter.

A few days ago I went into Game and found a pre-order case or two on the shelf. There was also a poster for the game in the window. That is the first tangible real-life sign of the game coming out that I've seen. It was great to finally see something RL about the game finally.

I'm wondering how the demo will be delivered myself, couldn't believe it would be released through Steam, since it would be open to any Steam user, even if they aren't part of the First Access Club.
I have to think that we might get the demo from the First Access Club site itself, possibly?

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 02 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options