Duke4.net Forums: First Access Club Codes Contest - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First Access Club Codes Contest  "Submit entries here!"

User is offline   sababa007 

you wont gonna believe it
I met this kid who actually got an autograph from Duke,
and he took a picture of his diary, look!

Posted Image
http://imageshack.us...ecretdoent.jpg/

prettyyyyy, prettyyyy, pretty good!

edit:
In case you haven't realized yet, the photos in the envelope are the original,
and I actually colored Arnold :|

This post has been edited by sababa007: 30 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

lol, looks like Arnie's wearing lipstick :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Does the work have to be your own creation? This isn't stated in the rules.

• Honored Donor

I just assumed that if parts of other people's work are going to be used, there must be enough changes and additions that the product is readily recognizable and distinguishable as being unique and original when compared to the base art/literature in question, at the discretion of the judge of the competition and/or the majority.
Of course if Yatta could come around and clear things up that'd be good too.

Edit: I'll take this opportunity to point out that everything I posted was original and 100% my own work.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 23 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

User is offline   sababa007 

View PostMicky C, on 23 May 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:

I just assumed that if parts of other people's work are going to be used, there must be enough changes and additions that the product is readily recognizable and distinguishable as being unique and original when compared to the base art/literature in question, at the discretion of the judge of the competition and/or the majority.
Of course if Yatta could come around and clear things up that'd be good too.

Edit: I'll take this opportunity to point out that everything I posted was original and 100% my own work.

actually, I did not use anybody's work, I just used his idea, but I fully created this, and obviously I brought it in to a whole new level.
For example,you can also say that PlayStation Move is based on Nintendo Wii's idea, which I think is defenetly true, but Nintendo is not sueing Sony,
because Sony combined new elements that Wii console doesn't have.
Besides, I could took my idea from any other forum, and no body could know about it - does this still count as "not my creation?"
If you take an idea from one of the competitor's work, this will truly count as disqualification

This post has been edited by sababa007: 23 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostThe Commander, on 23 May 2011 - 03:42 AM, said:

Does the work have to be your own creation? This isn't stated in the rules.

Yes, I thought that'd be obvious. :)

If it's unique enough to be considered original work, it's fine.

User is offline   Afraser 

Guess who’s back? Guess who’s back?
It’s The King, it’s The King,
And I wanna crack
At all those Aliens,
Who stole our chicks again,
‘Let’s rock’ , yeah, time to bring The Pain,
Whistling my Duke Nukem Song,
As I send them back to hell with another pipe bomb!

‘What the hell!?’ they might say,
As I whip out my shrinking ray,
And if that still don’t do the trick,
I’ve gotta an RPG and a HUGE…stick :)
‘Piece of cake’ is a phrase those Aliens have learned to fear,
Because that’s usually the last thing they hear,
As my Mighty Boot flies through another alien head,
The ladies can’t wait to get me into bed…
‘There’s plenty Duke to go round’ I say,
And I’m busy busting those aliens,
so not today,
maybe in a couple of weeks,
Because If I don’t fight ‘em,
Who will- not those computer geeks?

Just one thing I need before I can bust that scum,
Is an access code,
I need just one,
Then let the alien whopping begin,
Because I AM THE DUKE,
And I always WIN…

Hail to The King baby!

- The Dukester (2011)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Ok, my entry.

Grabbag, 0:05
Stalker, 1:58

Anyone who has played Minecraft or is familiar with it will know how limited the note block is.
Which is why Stalker turns to shit near the end. :)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 24 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

View PostThe Commander, on 24 May 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

Ok, my entry.

Grabbag, 0:05
Stalker, 1:58

Anyone who has played Minecraft or is familiar with it will know how limited the note block is.
Which is why Stalker turns to shit near the end. :)

Wow seems that everything is cubical in this game, even the music...

User is offline   Gideon 

Hey Duke4.net! Long time lurker first time poster! I submit my machinima I just finished the other day! Most of you will no doubt recognize the title and characters!

Damn it's Late with Johnny O'Lenoman Featuring Duke Nukem

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostYatta, on 19 May 2011 - 05:24 PM, said:

Awesome submissions so far guys! This makes me want to hold more giveaway contests in the very near future. :)

Agreed.

Since music can be written, and an instrumental would be an interpretation of written art, then music can totally count!

I say go for it.

O.K. Then hopefully a music video would count, and not fall into the photo catagory at the same time, or will it. If not, then I can submit one for the photo catagory too without breaking the rules, I hope.

First for the photo/video catagory, one of my most popular videos with over 17,000 views on Youtube is...

And here is my submission for written art/music/song, that I have written with lets say, 'Visual Effects' added to compliment the music. Proper term, music video!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 25 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

• Honored Donor

Ok so to clear things up, is it the case that songs go in the written catagory and videos go in the photo catagory? Also, some of this stuff is quite old (no offense Vinsane), it'd be nice if people created some new content for this competition, after all, that is the whole point of the contest :)

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yeah, reposting some crap you made before the contest was announced doesn't make for a qualifying submission. I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by the quantity of valid submissions here. :)

User is offline   Gideon 

View PostTX, on 26 May 2011 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yeah, reposting some crap you made before the contest was announced doesn't make for a qualifying submission. I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by the quantity of valid submissions here. :)

While I completely understand this, my submission (Damn It's Late) took me about a month to make from writing to voice recording to the three seperate video recording sessions so I couldn't have made it in the 11 days that this competition is held over. I have an idea and will see what I can do about getting it out before the 19th. So to be clear... are submissions that were uploaded on say... youtube.. before the 18th are disqualified?

This post has been edited by Gideon: 26 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

View Postsolarflux, on 21 May 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

Alright, here's my submission. It's a song in the form of a YouTube video W/ Lyrics.

Kind of a Rock-Opera/Ballad O' Duke kinda-thing. You'll see what I mean.

Hopefully worth a laugh or two. Excuse the poor audio quality.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jkCXEebYUgY

I really dig it! Is there a way to upload it with better audio quality?! I now want a Duke Rock Opera!!!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostGideon, on 26 May 2011 - 08:26 AM, said:

While I completely understand this, my submission (Damn It's Late) took me about a month to make from writing to voice recording to the three seperate video recording sessions so I couldn't have made it in the 11 days that this competition is held over. I have an idea and will see what I can do about getting it out before the 19th. So to be clear... are submissions that were uploaded on say... youtube.. before the 18th are disqualified?

Your submission won't be disqualified. I was mostly referring to people reposting stuff that they had already posted several months ago and so on.

User is offline   Ronin 

I am entering on behalf of my brother, I already have a code given to me by a sound guy on Gearbox forums, but my bro is a Duketard too and if there is a chance of multiplayer with demo I want to play with him, though regular posters and people without codes should definatly be given first preference. Anyway I made my own boxart today out of discust for the current one and an opportunity to get my bro in the game.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 26 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

User is offline   solarflux 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on 26 May 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

I really dig it! Is there a way to upload it with better audio quality?! I now want a Duke Rock Opera!!!

No, unfortunately recorded with crappy gear, hence the crappy sound. Just ordered 5K worth of musical/recording equipment, but I don't think it's going to get here before the 29th. Thanks though, appreciate the feedback. :-)

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTX, on 26 May 2011 - 07:49 AM, said:

What has age to do with it? Yatta did not state "it has be fresh art hot of the press." Real art real takes time. If you dislike something, fine, you are probably one of the judges, yet disqualifying because it's 'old'? I would question the judging parameters then! - Just mouthing off. Posted Image

View PostHank, on 26 May 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

What has age to do with it? Yatta did not state "it has be fresh art hot of the press." Real art real takes time. If you dislike something, fine, you are probably one of the judges, yet disqualifying because it's 'old'? I would question the judging parameters then! - Just mouthing off. Posted Image

I didn't get that either. Only because it's been seen by some of the forum members before, that shouldn't matter. If this were an official contest, with official rules, and the content submitted was being judged by an independent organization having no connection to the forum, then it would be valid to them, wouldn't it? I'll take the disqualification for entering old content, one of which is only weeks old. Like Hank said, it should have been stated "We're looking for new, un-released Duke content". Maybe it would have been better saying nothing and just picked your winners. If I wasn't one of them, oh well. Not like I lost out on a shot for a million bucks!
Ha, maybe I could whip up something NEW before the deadline!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 26 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

• Honored Donor

Well there are two reasons for this I would have thought. The first reason is that the competition is meant to encourage work that hasn't been seen before, therefore it's pointless to post older stuff. The second reason is that someone who might have put a lot of work in to making an item for this competition could lose out to someone who had far more time to work on their product, but also created it with nothing to do with the competition. So you should either create something original specifically for the competition, or at the very least, have been about to post something, saw this thread, and decided to post it in here instead, like the guy with the Damn it's Late with Johnny O'Lennoman video.

View PostMicky C, on 26 May 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

Ok so to clear things up, it'd be nice if people created some new content for this competition, after all, that is the whole point of the contest :)

That point was never made or even hinted in the OP.

View PostMicky C, on 26 May 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

The first reason is that the competition is meant to encourage work that hasn't been seen before, therefore it's pointless to post older stuff.

Again, that was never mentioned, until now. The only obvious reason for this competition was to win a FAC code by submitting your original work, and there'd be 6 winners picked, by whom of which was also, never mentioned. If I'm out, that's fine. But I think the next contest if like this one should have thought out rules, and the winners should be determined by a poll.
I do agree that new content would certainly come out of this as well, and nice to see.

• Honored Donor

Oh whoops I thought I was replying to Hank's post before. I hope you can come up with something before e deadline :)

User is offline   BFishY 

Hi :)

Hope this doesn't break the forum layout or anything :|

This is drawn from scratch via drawing tablet :3

EDIT: Too big for forum so RESIZE! :D

Posted Image

Full: http://img834.images...493/duke001.jpg

(Wouldn't let me register cause I entered "The King" to the "What is this forum about?" lol I'm offended! xD)

This post has been edited by BFishY: 30 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMicky C, on 26 May 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

Well there are two reasons for this I would have thought. The first reason is that the competition is meant to encourage work that hasn't been seen before, therefore it's pointless to post older stuff. The second reason is that someone who might have put a lot of work in to making an item for this competition could lose out to someone who had far more time to work on their product, but also created it with nothing to do with the competition. So you should either create something original specifically for the competition, or at the very least, have been about to post something, saw this thread, and decided to post it in here instead, like the guy with the Damn it's Late with Johnny O'Lennoman video.

If this was the point then state is in the rules. I'm new here. I would no know some submissions are old. Posted Image

@ VisaneOne, don't submit more work, or follow Micky C advise!!! One submission per nose only. Otherwise you will be disqualified, now that is in the rules. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 27 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

Writing category:

Heres a story id like to share......

Its taken so long for good ol duke to roll out . In 96' I was but a 4th grader playing Duke Nukem 3D all out...!!! When I first saw Duke Nukem forever I was forever for it!!!!! But delay after delay drew by and 14 years later I am getting DNF. Now im 24, married, and work for the Department of Agriculture.... Hoooooly Shit!
Has Duke had a Oh shit moment like mine when time just flew by too fast... ooh well, doesn't matter cuz ill be kicking ass and chewing bubblegum In June when im playing DNF all out like i did in 96'!!!!

Yea yea...i cant believe i waited this long... but i do believe it will be so worth it with my balls of steel edition right there at the entrance for all to see!

User is offline   Oook 

I've registered just to post that :)
Actually, I'm a First Access Club member, I just want to share my poem with other Duke fans.
So, here goes:

To Duke

Oh, Duke! Holly-holo-Duke!
Who destroys the unholy species with the power of a Nuke!
Bring death to the alien
And life to our women
Bring fire to the invader mother ship
And hope to the human kind

Lizards and larvae are surrender to his feet
Beauties and strippers are going to show him their teat
Improve the alien mortality
And the girl’s nudity

For fourteen years he has sleep
But now he comes to make the mutants the dust beat
He kicks alien asses and reduces them to ashes
He owns the girl’s ones to make them enjoy as goddesses

The Duke of the Nuke, king of kings
He rise from his throne to slay the pigs
He has a bullet for every mutant, and a word
For those who once said “Duke, rest in peace!”
He says now to them: “Rest in pieces!”

Set the controls for the heart of the pelvis;
Oh, please!
Piss on the alien face
Oh, please!
Shit on the mutant head
Oh, please!
Make to the invader Queen a last penetrate…
with a rocket!

I hope yo enjoyed that. English is not my main language, so it probably has many errors. And yes, there is an homage to Barry Adamson.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'll hopefully be finished my entry by today. If not tomorrow. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

User is offline   zvil 

my new painting to celebrites duke nukem forever 's release , yeah , my studio so dark i should re-shoot later , maybe after the deadline.....
, but at least its done ,lol.
P.S. To webmaster: all the respect to ur website , Lets hope i did put my website 's URL on ,just as a credit wasn't a problem ...
Posted Image

This post has been edited by zvil: 28 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   sammy 

Hey everyone. Great entries so far! Iv been around a while, but signed up specially for this. So heres my try, hope you like it!
(achem!)

Duke Nukem Forever: Tribute to a legend

What a long and fun time this has been
all of you feel like my next of kin
14 years
5 million beers
and enough cake to last a lifetime

But now the ultimate alien ass kicker is back
with his gold colt and a bottle of jack
alien bastards beware, make a prayer
Duke Nukem is a bacon slayer

Thank you George Broussard
the man who always kept his card
Always bet on Duke
3D was no fluke

Take 2 needs to STFU
Today Duke can pick up poo
trip mines, pipebombs and a big ass gun
Duke is coming when its done

So indeed that time has at last come
Dukes finally not outta bubble gum
the game is almost here
the hero that would never disappear
Octobrains, troopers and fat commanders
maybe a gag about Ned Flanders

Forum banter and many good times
Maybe even one or two crimes
and a story about a chair
a memory to Kaiser's underwear

Not never, Duke is forever
Place a bet if you are clever
Together we made it
14 fucking years!
I was a kid when this began
Now I feel like a fucking old man

3D realms acting like the gestapo
Jobi saying it was coming tomorrow
But my god it was worth it
even if the wait was shit

So heres to another decade
of babes and ammo
just like in 12th grade
I might grow an afro

So see you in Duke match and hail to the king
Cant wait to show you my pipebomb fling
Hell theres even a glory hole
grab the turd from the toilet bowl
I hope its a deal
I'll see you June 10th
balls of steel

:angry:

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options