Duke4.net Forums: DNF has been modified to allow you to carry all the weapons at once! - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF has been modified to allow you to carry all the weapons at once!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 07 June 2011 - 07:59 AM, said:

Someone needs to throw that model into Polymer! :dukecry:

I somehow believe that making those models free to play inside Eduke is totally against the copyright laws.
But if Gmod can use those models without any lawsuits then so could we.
Question is. Do we really want to use DNF assets in the HRP? I would much rather see 3d assets that actually match the old duke 3d style to be honest.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Of course. I just was wondering what it would look like in polymer. I'm not saying it should replace what's there or be an actual real entry.

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 June 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

I somehow believe that making those models free to play inside Eduke is totally against the copyright laws.
But if Gmod can use those models without any lawsuits then so could we.
Question is. Do we really want to use DNF assets in the HRP? I would much rather see 3d assets that actually match the old duke 3d style to be honest.

well what if you just made Eduke detect if you had DNF or not that would not be illegal would it?

Maybe you can get permission from Gearbox to use specific models in the HRP.

Why would you want the DNF assets inside Duke3D?
Does anybody actually think Duke3D would look better if it had DNF assets? I seriously don't.
In fact, I would much rather seen DNF use HRP assets than vice versa.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 11 June 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

Why would you want the DNF assets inside Duke3D?
Does anybody actually think Duke3D would look better if it had DNF assets? I seriously don't.
In fact, I would much rather seen DNF use HRP assets than vice versa.

If they are never going to give us Duke-ed then I think we should make a better version of DNF using DNF assets and mapster :/ I rather work with the pure thing but you have to use what you got and make the most of it. If you cannot do geometry editing in DNF then your sort of SOL

This post has been edited by Madmaxwell: 12 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

You probably won't get a cease and desist order for porting DNF assets into Duke 3D. In fact, I can almost guarantee it'll never happen. They're only concerned with the IP (intellectual property), and in order to play you'll end up paying them in the end. I've been doing the same thing with porting AvP3 stuff to AvP Classic for over a year now without any problems. Meanwhile, several AvP/Aliens mods are shut down because they were done on separate games not affiliated with the IP holders.
Other people have done the same thing with HL2 assets into HL1 and Doom 3 into Doom 1.

The only time you might get into trouble is doing something like DNF -> HL2 or DNF -> some other game Gearbox doesn't make money off of. The thinking is if you want to experience Duke you have to buy one of their games. Make sense?

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 12 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I'm not sure that the DNF Cycloid would work in EDuke, yeah, you could kick out an md5 or collada file, import it to Blender/Max (done that actually!) and animate it to an MD3 file.

Although the original is 20,000 polys, there is a 10k LOD model that would work nicely though, if you wanted to do it.

Attached Image: cycloiddnf2.jpg

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I would at least like to see the DNF shotgun model in eDuke32 especially if it can be made to look good and if we wont ever get a good one from the community. Some of the monsters might be good too especially the lizard trooper and the strippers. However that sort of thing shouldn't go into the HRP obviously.... but a DNF pack for eDuke32 like DNF Weapons pack and DNF Monsters pack would be interesting.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 12 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

• Polymancer

I personally think that if you do import anything from DNF to the HRP, it should be generic items like cheeseburgers, certain signs, sound effects - basically anything that looks and feels like DN3D.

Madmaxwell - Re-creating DNF in EDuke is a non-starter. The engine just isn't up to it.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

View PostTea Monster, on 12 June 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

it should be generic items like cheeseburgers

Try the new exclusive Duke3D Polymer HRP cheese burger launcher! :dukecry: Duke is all out of gum but has a fresh batch of cheeseburgers instead.

• Polymancer

That sounds like an excellent mod weapon. You fire cheeseburgers at the pigcops and after you've shot about 4 at them, their arteries are that hard that Duke can go up to them and mighty-boot them in the chest and their hearts shatter. :dukecry:

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Taste cholesterol you alien maggots... no one's arteries can stand up to the might of dukeburger brand cheeseburgers!

View PostTetsuo, on 12 June 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Taste cholesterol you alien maggots... no one's arteries can stand up to the might of dukeburger brand cheeseburgers!

I can see it now first video game controversy over support bad eating habits xD

• Polymancer

Yeah, <Dukevoice> "Eat too many carbohydrates and fatty foods and die you alien b*stards" </dukevoice> dosen't have quite the same ring to it.

View PostTea Monster, on 13 June 2011 - 05:00 AM, said:

Yeah, <Dukevoice> "Eat too many carbohydrates and fatty foods and die you alien b*stards" </dukevoice> dosen't have quite the same ring to it.

But this sorta does " Eat Greasy shit and die you alien bastards!"

Soooo does this mod really work for the full game and namely multiplayer yet?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

The name of this thread really needs to be changed, it's quite misleading.

User is offline   Ronin 

Id like to see someone mod Total Recalls hooker bar music to the stripclup in DNF. Come on tell me that wouldnt be cool.

View PostMad Max RW, on 12 June 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

You probably won't get a cease and desist order for porting DNF assets into Duke 3D. In fact, I can almost guarantee it'll never happen. They're only concerned with the IP (intellectual property), and in order to play you'll end up paying them in the end. I've been doing the same thing with porting AvP3 stuff to AvP Classic for over a year now without any problems. Meanwhile, several AvP/Aliens mods are shut down because they were done on separate games not affiliated with the IP holders.
Other people have done the same thing with HL2 assets into HL1 and Doom 3 into Doom 1.

The only time you might get into trouble is doing something like DNF -> HL2 or DNF -> some other game Gearbox doesn't make money off of. The thinking is if you want to experience Duke you have to buy one of their games. Make sense?

Except that Gearbox doesn't have rights to old games, just new ones. All Duke3D profits go to Apogee/3DR (I think, except for the referral payouts to duke4.net).

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options