Duke4.net Forums: 360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy! - Duke4.net Forums

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy!

User is offline   randir14 

First of all I'm not advocating piracy at all, and please delete this thread if it violates the rules. But on the Gearbox forum someone mentioned "the JTAG demo has been released" (that post has since been deleted by one of their admins). I didn't even know what this meant, but when I searched Google I found out JTAG has something to do with Xbox 360 piracy. After some more searching I saw that it has been leaked and people are already playing it on their modded Xbox's. Hopefully this means the demo will be released next week for everyone...

Anything known yet about the demo's contents? Single- or Mulitplayer? Both?

I didn't see any info other than the file size which was 1.7 gb.

User is offline   You 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 13 May 2011 - 08:29 AM, said:

Anything known yet about the demo's contents? Single- or Mulitplayer? Both?

You can expect full videos for download within the next few hours.

Real kick in the teeth to the "first access club".

Quick edit: If someone like randir posts really useful info like this, we should be clicking the plus sign in the bottom right corner. We have a reputation system, might as well use it.

This post has been edited by You: 13 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostYou, on 13 May 2011 - 08:35 AM, said:

You can expect full videos for download within the next few hours.

Real kick in the teeth to the "first access club".

I'm not surprised that the honest paying customer will get it last. But this is also good for us: not that I support piracy, but that way we dont have to wait for Gearbox/2K's OK for some news about the demo ;)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Hah! Well I think this is for the best. The FAC thing has ultimately been a rip off, and goes against what Randy said... That they wanted to get this game into as many peoples hands as possible. Okay, so don't try to wrestle us out of extra money.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostCommando Nukem, on 13 May 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

Hah! Well I think this is for the best. The FAC thing has ultimately been a rip off, and goes against what Randy said... That they wanted to get this game into as many peoples hands as possible. Okay, so don't try to wrestle us out of extra money.

:| ...

WHAT THE FUCK??? It sure is a big kick to the balls that this happened. They might as well just release the demo for everyone right now, it makes practically no difference any more. If this has already happened it probably won't be long before it's leaked for PC and PS3. Even if it is completely leaked why the fuck can't people be respectful of just this ONE game. I'm not going to download it if it get's leaked any more. I'm going to wait just like everyone should. Any other game I would care less about it if people did something like this, but this just pisses me off!!
;)

Sorry for the rant, but DAMN!

User is offline   Twig 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 13 May 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

Because Gearbox is responsible for hackers actions? ;)
And nobody wrestled money out of you, you didn't have to pay for Borderlands to get the DNF demo, which will be public for all anyways, buying a whole game just for a public demo was and is stupid in itself.

User is offline   Twig 

View PostSpirrwell, on 13 May 2011 - 09:30 AM, said:

:| ...

WHAT THE FUCK??? It sure is a big kick to the balls that this happened. They might as well just release the demo for everyone right now, it makes practically no difference any more. If this has already happened it probably won't be long before it's leaked for PC and PS3. Even if it is completely leaked why the fuck can't people be respectful of just this ONE game. I'm not going to download it if it get's leaked any more. I'm going to wait just like everyone should. Any other game I would care less about it if people did something like this, but this just pisses me off!!
;)

Sorry for the rant, but DAMN!

No it will not leak to PC and PS3 soon, the Xbox version was leaked from certain location, it has nothing to do with PC or PS3. And no, they will not just "hurry up" because the leak, you people really don't grasp the notion that these things are collaborative and deals have been made with multiple participants. They can't just go "ok, release the demo", they have to contact Valve/Sony before and have to get an agreement (for steam and Sony Network are NOT the property of Gearbox).

God-dammit, how can you people be so dense!

Sorry for the rant, but DAMN!, some people here don't think at all and just shout the first things on their minds!

• tile 1018

View PostTwig, on 13 May 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

Because Gearbox is responsible for hackers actions? ;)
And nobody wrestled money out of you, you didn't have to pay for Borderlands to get the DNF demo, which will be public for all anyways, buying a whole game just for a public demo was and is stupid in itself.

Actually that's a worse argument. Pre-ordering Duke Nukem Forever will also get you into the FAC. I don't blame Gearbox on this, but it's not fair. By now Gearbox should just release the demo.

Sorry... running on anger here... So where's the source for this anyway? Who hacked in and got it? I want to hack them.

• tile 1018

View PostTwig, on 13 May 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

No it will not leak to PC and PS3 soon, the Xbox version was leaked from certain location, it has nothing to do with PC or PS3. And no, they will not just "hurry up" because the leak, you people really don't grasp the notion that these things are collaborative and deals have been made with multiple participants. They can't just go "ok, release the demo", they have to contact Valve/Sony before and have to get an agreement (for steam and Sony Network are NOT the property of Gearbox).

God-dammit, how can you people be so dense!

Sorry for the rant, but DAMN!, some people here don't think at all and just shout the first things on their minds!

Hey, I don't know anything, I'm just a damn fifteen year old. You want to fucking take a snipe at me for being angry, go right ahead. I won't fucking take it. I'm a hacker myself, but this is something I would never do.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 13 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

User is offline   Twig 

View PostSpirrwell, on 13 May 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hey, I don't know anything, I'm just a damn fifteen year old. You want to fucking take a snipe at me for being angry, go right ahead. I won't fucking take it. I'm a hacker myself, but this is something I would never do.

Well, yes, that actually was unneededly mean ;) Sorry about that. But really, DNF fans seem to have unreasonable expectations, when usually when you just think about it calmly, everything is explainable. The leak happened and of course that sucks, for gearbox, for first access club members and legal players. But this doesn't really mean they should release the demo sooner then planned, because they didn't forsee the leak. The ones that will torrent it, will torrent it no matter what, but being jealous of hackers is weird - they were not supposed to get it earlier, your fist access club thingy is not breached. You will still get to play it sooner then most of the gamers, it's not a PC leak, worst thing, the footage will pop up in youtube. Don't look at it. Wait for demo (which by all signs seems to be released next week, really soon) and enjoy it yourself.

Looks like the leaked demo is the pax demo. The second level is unplayable because of graphic issues / texture problems it seems.

User is offline   You 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 13 May 2011 - 09:52 AM, said:

Looks like the leaked demo is the pax demo. The second level is unplayable because of graphic issues / texture problems it seems.

Can you give me a source on some of this? My google-fu must be weak.

I fuckin' hate people like these, but good news, it's a fake.

View PostYou, on 13 May 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

Can you give me a source on some of this? My google-fu must be weak.

Just in case you missed it. I sent you a PM, because I wont post the link here.

User is offline   Montykoro 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 13 May 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

I fuckin' hate people like these, but good news, it's a fake.

Source?

• tile 1018

Someone needs to post a source HERE as to whether it's fake or real or else this is going to go nowhere.

User is offline   You 

View PostMontykoro, on 13 May 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

Source?

Google search for "Duke Nukem Forever xbox 360" within the last 24 hours.

It's real, but would only work on a dev console. Evidently the first level is mostly playable, but the second doesn't work due to 'graphics errors'. I believe it's a leaked copy from the 'titty city' in Las Vegas. Then again, file sharing websites have been known to use fake comments and posts in order to get people to pay for faster downloads (of what then turns out to be bogus).

The only real evidence we have is the now leaked achievement list, which seems quite real.

Edit; Sorry, typing errors, have just started drinking.

This post has been edited by You: 13 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

• tile 1018

View PostSpirrwell, on 13 May 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

Someone needs to post a source HERE as to whether it's fake or real or else this is going to go nowhere.

Never mind here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q...n+released+Duke

If it really bothers people, you can remove this post, I really don't care, I just want people to know.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 13 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

User is offline   You 

UPDATE: Said website has in game images of writing on the whiteboard (naming the website). Looks as real as I can tell, and written with a controller.

View PostMontykoro, on 13 May 2011 - 10:14 AM, said:

Source?

It's a fake in the name of Demo, not leaked.
It only contains 2 levels which only the first level is playable.

User is offline   You 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 13 May 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's a fake in the name of Demo, not leaked.
It only contains 2 levels which only the first level is playable.

Would you not like to be playing the stadium level right now?

View PostYou, on 13 May 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

Would you not like to be playing the stadium level right now?

Ofcourse, but i also would like to play the second level after that, and the third, fourth, etc..

[Video removed in respect for Gearbox. Sorry! ;)]

This post has been edited by Yatta: 13 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

User is offline   pjVgt 

It is not a demo - it is a titty city event release leak. And graphic glitch seems to be some VGA/HDMI transfer issue.

Yeah it must be an old build. One person said the shit doesn't leave stains on the wall, which we know isn't the case in the more recent What Would Duke Do video.

Seems that duke is running pretty fast. I hate how the modern fps games makes the character run slow to make it more "realistic".

And, SHOOT THE GODDAMN BLIMP.

This post has been edited by Jhect: 13 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

"A 3DRealms game" ;) ;) ;)

[Video removed in respect for Gearbox. Sorry! ;)]

This post has been edited by Yatta: 13 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options