Duke4.net Forums: Redneck DosBox Launcher - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redneck DosBox Launcher

User is offline   Skulldog 

Not yet, I'am fixing duke launcher, had started on Shadow Warrior. V1.4 . Save the best for last. ;)

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 10 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Looking forward to the new Redneck DOSBox launcher. Hope everything turns out ok w/ the GOG version of Redneck Rampage w/ the Redneck Deer Huntin fix. :D

New Redneck DosBox Launcher V1.6

Features and Changelog for Redneck Dosbox Launcher.

V1.6 10-16-2012
Improvements to video default settings to improve fps.

Added a better Install seletion menu so you can tell which games are Installed
and which games are not.

Made addons run from seperate folders so you can have seperate game saves.

Added Redneck Rampage Demo, so anyone can try out launcher and Redneck Rampage.

Added cd image cue\inst or Cd drive letter selection in video and sound menu.

Added Redneck Deer Huntin Manual in ToolBox Menu

Added a Dosbox Starter Menu to help launch custom TC addon games.

Fixed MakeMap to use and setup a folder Called RR Tools in Redneck folder and
RA Tools in Redneck Rides Again folder. So now when you Click the Makemap button
in ToolBox Menu it will automatically create and copy all the files needed to
run makemap if the tools folder does not exist. So don't worry if you mess up,
just delete the RR Tools folder and\or RA Tools and it will create a fresh Tools
folder. Also added EditSet in same folder for anyone who uses that.

Minor fixes and Improvements.

Redneck DosBox Launcher V1.6 download site.
http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

Hey SkullDog. I noticed that GOG.com has updated the Redneck Rampage Installer from 1.0.0. to 2.0.0. They may have updated the DOSBox from 0.72 to 0.74. But I'm not sure yet. If I install the updated installer, I don't know how your Redneck launcher is going to handle it w/ the new updated installer. Here's the pic w/ the version circled in red.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 15 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I'll check it out.

New Redneck Dosbox Launcher update V1.7

You will need the Full V1.6 Download and V1.7 Update. You should
do a fresh install or just update the files with V1.7 update.
Then go to video and sound menu and click default Button. This
will make sure you Sound irq changes from 5 to 7.

Changelog for Redneck Dosbox Launcher.

V1.7 11-23-2012

Updated to work with GOG new version of Redneck Rampage Collection v2 installer.

Removed IRQ settings in Video and Sound Menu. It now uses
sound irq 7 only.

GOG DosBox Config files no longer get Change by launcher.
Only the launcher DosBox Config files get changed.

Thanks for the update Skulldog, but my sound card is set to use IRQ5 in the launchers and won't work if I set it to IRQ7. How can I update to the latest versions of your Dosbox launchers and keep the sound?

Thanks,
Captain Peacock

View PostCaptain Peacock, on 01 December 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Thanks for the update Skulldog, but my sound card is set to use IRQ5 in the launchers and won't work if I set it to IRQ7. How can I update to the latest versions of your Dosbox launchers and keep the sound?

Thanks,
Captain Peacock

Try this, go to video and sound menu and press the default button. This will set you redneck.cfg irq to 7 and the redneck dosbox conf to 7. BTW, are you using gog downloaded version?

View PostSkulldog, on 01 December 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

Try this, go to video and sound menu and press the default button. This will set you redneck.cfg irq to 7 and the redneck dosbox conf to 7. BTW, are you using gog downloaded version?

No, the original Xatrix CD from around 1997. I have the original install CDs (and nearly all the add-on CDs) for Duke 3D, Blood & Shadow Warrior as well.

I.m not at my gaming PC ATM but will try your suggestion tomorrow. Thanks again.

Suggestion: how about two install options for the DosBox launchers - one for the GOG versions which provides only the default IRQ7 setting & one for a CD install which has the IRQ 5/7 option. That SHOULD cater for all permutations and hopefully keep the setup procedure somewhat fool-proof. You pays your money, you takes your choice as it were.

Just a thought!

CP

View PostCaptain Peacock, on 02 December 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

No, the original Xatrix CD from around 1997. I have the original install CDs (and nearly all the add-on CDs) for Duke 3D, Blood & Shadow Warrior as well.

I.m not at my gaming PC ATM but will try your suggestion tomorrow. Thanks again.

Suggestion: how about two install options for the DosBox launchers - one for the GOG versions which provides only the default IRQ7 setting & one for a CD install which has the IRQ 5/7 option. That SHOULD cater for all permutations and hopefully keep the setup procedure somewhat fool-proof. You pays your money, you takes your choice as it were.

Just a thought!

CP

I will add that option back for irq 5 or 7. If that does not work for you.

View PostSkulldog, on 02 December 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

I will add that option back for irq 5 or 7. If that does not work for you.

OK, ran the V1.7 update on a backup copy of my V1.6 installation of RR which I had copied to a different folder. The game then failed to load with an error saying the sound system could not be initialised possibly due to an IRQ conflict, but once I hit the Default button in the sound/video area, RR loaded OK and I get all sound/music etc. just fine.

The only downside was that hitting the Default button also reset all the gameplay options as well such as keyboard & mouse settings, brightness etc. I was soon able to re-customise these again.

So a sort-of success! This has given me a bit more confidence to update all the other DosBox Launchers.

Thanks again Skulldog.

You de man!

View PostCaptain Peacock, on 03 December 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

OK, ran the V1.7 update on a backup copy of my V1.6 installation of RR which I had copied to a different folder. The game then failed to load with an error saying the sound system could not be initialised possibly due to an IRQ conflict, but once I hit the Default button in the sound/video area, RR loaded OK and I get all sound/music etc. just fine.

The only downside was that hitting the Default button also reset all the gameplay options as well such as keyboard & mouse settings, brightness etc. I was soon able to re-customise these again.

So a sort-of success! This has given me a bit more confidence to update all the other DosBox Launchers.

Thanks again Skulldog.

You de man!

That gives me an ideal, I could make it save the config after you run setup. Then when you use the default button it will use the last config you ran setup with.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 03 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Bioshock has the same problem. Sometimes you have to setup all the options again after you closed the game. I would keep the old default setup option, and add a "save setup" option.

View Postrasmus thorup, on 03 December 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Bioshock has the same problem. Sometimes you have to setup all the options again after you closed the game. I would keep the old default setup option, and add a "save setup" option.

Good ideal. I will do all this on next release. Going to wait a little while in case GOG makes a updated installer for Redneck Rampage Collection
They did this with Blood the day I downloaded it they had a new v2 installer. I think they have things pretty much working ok now.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 03 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Sweet. When you write ideal, do you mean idea?

Yeal.

Skulldog. Since the GOG versions of Redneck Rampage & Shadow Warrior has installers for the Mac. Although I don't own a Mac. Will you make the Mac versions of the launchers. It'll be nice to throw a Mac owners a bone if they like 1990's games.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 07 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 07 December 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Skulldog. Since the GOG versions of Redneck Rampage & Shadow Warrior has installers for the Mac. Although I don't own a Mac. Will you make the Mac versions of the launchers. It'll be nice to throw a Mac owners a bone if they like 1990's games.

I have never own a Mac, I would like to check one out one day. I don't know how to do it.

BTW! V1.8 update is ready for download.

Features and Changelog for Redneck Dosbox Launcher.

V1.8 12-7-2012

Added IRQ settings back in Video and Sound Menu.

Added a Save Config button in Video and Sound Menu. After you setup your Custom keyBoard controls.
You can save your settings as default configs. This will make a folder called Default and will save
your Redneck Rampage, Redneck Rides Again, and Redneck Deer Huntin Config files to it. Now when
you Press Default Button in Video and Sound Menu it will use your Custom configs. To use the original
default configs, just delete the default folder.

User is offline   supergoofy 

Minor bug :

when I change the resolution, for example to 1024x768 the HUNTING.CFG is not updated.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 14 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

View Postsupergoofy, on 14 March 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Minor bug :

when I change the resolution, for example to 1024x768 the HUNTING.CFG is not updated.

I will start on Redneck this weekend. BTW, Blood DosBox Launcher v5.0 is out. Could you make sure it works on XP?

By the way, can you please make the cusspack option to be saved in settings?

Currently whenever I restart the launcher I have to check it every-time.

View Postsupergoofy, on 17 March 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

By the way, can you please make the cusspack option to be saved in settings?

Currently whenever I restart the launcher I have to check it every-time.

Done.

This is what I have done so far.

Updated build to VS Express 2012 for Desktop.
Added new icon from supergoofy.
cusspack option will now be saved in settings.
updated save config and default.
Fixed Redneck demo crash.
Fixed resolution Changes, Redneck Dear Huntin HUNTING.CFG.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 18 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Thanks man, awesome! :angry:

V2.0 3-19-2013

Cusspack option will now be saved in settings.
Updated save config and default.
Fixed Cusspack not working with addons.
Added Controller Type setting in Video/Sound Menu.
Now when you change Controller Type in game setup it will update
Controller Type settings in Video/Sound Menu as well. You will
still need to setup your controller buttons in game setup.
Changed MouseSensitivity back to 32768 default.

If the Controller Type settings works well. I will add to all the other DosBox Launchers.

Redneck DosBox Launcher V2.0

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 19 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

User is offline   irukanjji 

Posted Image

View PostSkulldog, on 19 March 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

V2.0 3-19-2013

Cusspack option will now be saved in settings.
Updated save config and default.
Fixed Cusspack not working with addons.
Added Controller Type setting in Video/Sound Menu.
Now when you change Controller Type in game setup it will update
Controller Type settings in Video/Sound Menu as well. You will
still need to setup your controller buttons in game setup.
Changed MouseSensitivity back to 32768 default.

If the Controller Type settings works well. I will add to all the other DosBox Launchers.

Redneck DosBox Launcher V2.0

Hi Skulldog, thanks for the update, but can you add this (see photo), like in Blood Launcher ( a custom addon window ) ?

Ok, i will add a Custom addon window for the next release.

User is offline   irukanjji 

View PostSkulldog, on 21 March 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Ok, i will add a Custom addon window for the next release.

Thanks, it will be great

ETA on the next DOSBox release?

View PostDustFalcon85, on 06 May 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

ETA on the next DOSBox release?

I have been working on Blood and Redneck one click cd-rom installs. The problem I am having is when you start the install,
you can't click the mouse or press any keys. I have the launcher set to send the {Enter} key 5 times to auto start the cd-roms
install program in dosbox. So if any keys are pressed or mouse click at the right time will cause dosbox to lose focus.

what feature or problem fix are you waiting for on Redneck launcher?

View PostSkulldog, on 06 May 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

I have been working on Blood and Redneck one click cd-rom installs. The problem I am having is when you start the install,
you can't click the mouse or press any keys. I have the launcher set to send the {Enter} key 5 times to auto start the cd-roms
install program in dosbox. So if any keys are pressed or mouse click at the right time will cause dosbox to lose focus.

what feature or problem fix are you waiting for on Redneck launcher?

The feature I'm waiting for is the CD-installation method like on Duke 3D, but if that can't be done then that's ok. I'll just stick to the current version of the Blood & Redneck DOSLauncher available, using the GOG versions. And also is there an Rise of the Triad DOSLauncher in the works?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options