Duke4.net Forums: IE 9 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IE 9  "and the other browsers"

User is offline   robotman5 

yeah the design for IE9 looks great much better than the older ones. (expect IE6 is my favorite).

User is offline   Klapher 

Internet explorer 9 is cool, I've always used ie always and I love it.
I have firefox as secondary browser but I never liked firefox with all it's complicated addons. I am busy and not time for configurations of browsers, I want the configuration made by default.
When I go to restaurant and I buy food, they don't give me extra ingredients to recook the food from my table.
Either food is good from beginign and all you need is salt and pepper either it's bad and needs to be remade!

This post has been edited by Klapher: 31 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

View PostKlapher, on 31 May 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

Internet explorer 9 is cool, I've always used ie always and I love it.
I have firefox as secondary browser but I never liked firefox with all it's complicated addons. I am busy and not time for configurations of browsers, I want the configuration made by default.
When I go to restaurant and I buy food, they don't give me extra ingredients to recook the food from my table.
Either food is good from beginign and all you need is salt and pepper either it's bad and needs to be remade!

You have a very weird and unidirectional way of thinking judging by your analogy.
I don't see how firefox is complicated but what ever...

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 02 June 2011 - 05:37 AM, said:

I don't see how firefox is complicated ...

With IE9 you can soon pin your fav sites to your Task Bar Posted Image and don't forget the oversized button, top left, it's so big, it does not fit the bar Posted Image so it can't be missed. It's the little things that compared to other browsers make IE9 popular. Since it is popular, it's more familiar.

@ Klapher - for the fastest. simplest pre-configured browser, have you tried Chrome?

User is offline   King Kaos 

microsoft IE is still exploitable and slow.

i always use Firefox (tweaked) and Iron Chrome.

the rest sucks! :(

User is offline   WedgeBob 

The design of IE9 certainly does seem to follow the trend... You have Google Chrome-style web page layouts when you open a new tab, letting you know which sites are your most visited, you have a minimal toolbar with mainly your back, forward, address bar with refresh and stop buttons on the right, then all your tabs, etc... In a way, this does seem to be the way all browsers seem to be going. Also, you don't have that annoying pop-up dialog with a progress bar when you download something, it's all on the bottom of your browser now with just the percentage, and telling you whether the download is safe or not. A lot more streamlined than older versions of IE.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostKing Kaos, on 05 June 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

microsoft IE is still exploitable

And Firefox isn't?

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostKing Kaos, on 05 June 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

microsoft IE is still exploitable and slow.

i always use Firefox (tweaked) and Iron Chrome.

the rest sucks! :)

That is a very ridiculous attitude coming from you. If everything else sucks, say why. Otherwise your opinion is a bit of a waste.

For example, Opera is a great web browser. It's got a smooth feel, good scrolling, some good shortcut keys, and etc. It's not my favorite, and I really don't like it. Why? Because I'm so used to the feel of Google Chrome\Chromium. There's just one thing in Google Chrome that I can't get away from in Chrome. I like being able to start typing in the address bar: "googl" *PRESSES TAB* Then I'm searching Google or whatever other website that has a search capability that I use. If something like Opera had that, I'd basically say "fuck Chrome." Not to say that Google Chrome isn't a good web browser. Google Chrome is a very good and stable web browser from since I started using it to now. (Probably a year or two by now, not exactly sure)

And speaking of exploits... You say you ALWAYS use Firefox and Chrome. Now how could that possibly be true if you said "microsoft IE is still exploitable and slow?" How could you possibly know that unless you've used it? Also, how could you say "the rest sucks! :P" without using other web browsers? You're either a liar and a hypocrite, or you just don't know how to speak what you actually mean. Now before someone goes and says "Welcome to the Internet," opinions piss me off when they aren't backed up with why.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 05 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostSpirrwell, on 05 July 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

I like being able to start typing in the address bar: "googl" *PRESSES TAB* Then I'm searching Google or whatever other website that has a search capability that I use. If something like Opera had that, I'd basically say "fuck Chrome."

That's probably not it, but you can search in Opera by typing "g search something" which will make a search in Google.

Although, Opera has a problem displaying duke4.net forum images.

• tile 1018

View PostHelel, on 05 July 2011 - 11:50 PM, said:

That's probably not it, but you can search in Opera by typing "g search something" which will make a search in Google.

Although, Opera has a problem displaying duke4.net forum images.

I'm not familiar with that ability, but either way, I'd want something exactly the same, as it's what I'm used to.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostHelel, on 05 July 2011 - 11:50 PM, said:

I just tried that."g Gearbox". I do not use Opera, only for testing, how does one do this, exactly? Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

Go to google.com. Press right mouse button in the search field and choose "create search". You can then enter the necessary keyword for a search. But "G" was always there as a default.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostHelel, on 06 July 2011 - 11:30 AM, said:

Go to google.com. Press right mouse button in the search field and choose "create search". You can then enter the necessary keyword for a search. But "G" was always there as a default.

Ah ha, that is new to me. Thanks. Posted Image

• tile 1018

View PostHelel, on 06 July 2011 - 11:30 AM, said:

All that work, and Google Chrome does it automatically after you've used a search on a website once.

Edit: And no, I'm not lazy, it's a matter of convenience and how I want things to be based on what I use.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 06 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

User is offline   Hank 

@ Spirrwell - yeah, Google is fast and simple to use. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 06 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostSpirrwell, on 06 July 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

All that work, and Google Chrome does it automatically after you've used a search on a website once.

Although, that Google feature is interesting I would still want a one letter search.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options