Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   ck3D 

Been seeing The Watchtower post again, which is a relief after the previous news up in this thread. I'm not expecting a public update on the situation, but I sure as heck hope you're feeling better and doing alright, take care!

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

Umm.something happened? Don't remeber so much guests in a while. Bots?
Attached Image: Forums.jpg

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSanek, on 09 October 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

Umm.something happened? Don't remeber so much guests in a while. Bots?
Attachment Forums.jpg

High levels of guest traffic have been common for a while now. If you click "Show by: Last Click" they appear to be randomly viewing anything from the entire history of the boards. So yes, bots appear to the be the culprit.

User is offline   Mark 

Tipper Gore's grandkids formed a group and they are collecting info about Duke3D. :)

Curious, I've noticed a similar jump in guests on other forums I frequent. Are they just randomly checking things for certain keywords or is there another, more legitimate reason?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

they're fulfilling their algorithm requirements

radar got banned for baiting the bots

User is offline   Mark 

So thats what he was doing when he posted those long strings of nonsense?

This post has been edited by Mark: 10 October 2020 - 06:09 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

Birthday today.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJeff, on 13 October 2020 - 01:03 AM, said:

Birthday today.

if you didn't snort a line of blow off a hooker's ass, was it really your birthday?

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostForge, on 13 October 2020 - 08:17 AM, said:

if you didn't snort a line of blow off a hooker's ass, was it really your birthday?

We had marines who snorted coke off a strippers ass in their dress uniforms in front of a gunnery sgt.
They knew the gunnery sgt.
And they still did it.

Got kicked out,
but at least they now have a story to tell their friends.

User is offline   Mark 

Its a sad day. I had to scrap my beloved 2003 Chevy S10 pickup that I owned for 11 years. It's rusty underside contributed to what looked to be a cascading amount of repairs. What started as replacing a leaking rear brake line got worse. After replacement and during the bleeding process another line started leaking. This one ran above the fuel tank so the tank would have to be dropped. That involves removing rusted fuel lines which are likely just as bad and could ruin the fuel module they are connected to. Also the lines are rusted badly going into the calipers leaving a chance of having to replace them too. Inspection showed the fronts looking just as bad. With an estimate of $800-$1,000 if things go bad I told the repair shop to stop before it gets any worse.

On the bright side, this was at the Chevy dealership I worked at for 20 years before retiring so I received a big break on the cost of repair that had begun before calling it quits. I got a whopping $200 for the truck from the scrapper. The newer battery and expensive wheels and tires on this 4 wheel drive truck should have gotten me much more from the right buyer. But I had to get rid of it quick because the truck couldn't stay on the dealership's lot and I have no storage place to get it towed to while waiting for a better offer from some backyard mechanic. I was preparing myself for a sale next Spring so this sudden change is harder to handle. I'll miss that ol' truck.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: mytruck.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 23 October 2020 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

too many grains in their special loads

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Embittered Phallus: 25 October 2020 - 04:54 AM

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostForge, on 25 October 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

Or if you're whoever that dead body was in the Neon Demon that Jena Malone grinded upon.

User is offline   Mark 

63 years old today. In the last year I cracked a tooth, lost more hair, gained an inch on my waistline and I'm running out of good underwear. But I still have my good health and good looks. I'm retired and life is good.

As I typed this my cat was meowing and jumping at something. It was a ladybug on the window. This summer and fall were odd in that there were almost no flies buzzing around and getting in the house like usual for her to play with. Also I saw maybe 10 mosquitoes all year outside and didn't get a single bite. Very odd indeed. But welcomed.

This post has been edited by Mark: 28 October 2020 - 01:46 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks???

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: benny-hill-evlenmeden-olmaz.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 29 October 2020 - 11:32 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

Can internal hdd survive in the cold?

Wу have the Ole' Windows 98 that we stopped using like 12 years ago. We put it in the attic and that's it.
It spent many years in the very cold invirioment. Is there any chane that hd is still operable?

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

View PostSanek, on 30 October 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

Can internal hdd survive in the cold?

Wу have the Ole' Windows 98 that we stopped using like 12 years ago. We put it in the attic and that's it.
It spent many years in the very cold invirioment. Is there any chane that hd is still operable?

I can't say for certain. The internals (read/write heads and the disks themselves) should be sealed and mostly unaffected, assuming that the heads were moved to a safe position when the PC was shut down the last time. I'd recommend removing the HDD from the PC and inspecting the outside for signs of corrosion or other defects. Some old HDDs had exposed circuit boards on the underside, so be sure to check that as well.

If the HDD looks okay, then leave it at room temerature for a couple of hours or even a whole day. This should allow any moisture that might have condensated on the cold HDD to evaporate as the HDD warms up. Unless there's some vital data on the HDD that you absolutely need to recover, you might as well try applying power to the HDD and see/hear if it spins up. If it doesn't spin, this could mean that either the motor doesn't work anymore (could probably be fixed) or the read/write heads "crashed" and are now stuck to the surface of the disks (meaning that the disk surface has been damaged and at least some parts of the disk have become unusable).

User is offline   Sanek 

Thank you for advice I'll do it!

There's no vital data. Just some nostalgia things I want.

User is offline   Mark 

A cross-eyed teacher was fired recently because he couldn't control his pupils. :lol:

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

View PostMark, on 02 November 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

A cross-eyed teacher was fired recently because he couldn't control his pupils. :lol:

SNAP

User is offline   Jeff 

Cosmo turned 17 today.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jeff: 11 November 2020 - 12:10 AM

User is offline   Forge 

happy birph day
gotcha a present
Posted Image

User is offline   Hank 

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options