Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Mark 

I found that annoying instead of a humorous prank call and I applaud the lady for her patience.

This post has been edited by Mark: 02 May 2019 - 06:13 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

what's next?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostSledgehammer, on 02 May 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

Posted Image

the new Godzilla movie is looking good.

User is offline   LakiSoft 

Try my new games:

-Turkish Madness
-Turkish Lings of the Turkish Citadel
-Mission Istanbul
-Upcoming Turk Nukem 3D

These games will promsie absolute zero of quality, oversized sprites, shitty texture choices, shitty weapons and lcoations that doesn't even make any sense, bunch of unfinished undetailed levels and obviosuly ridicolus storylien which would be written better by 5-year old child. This is Gingis Khan aka LakiSoft, the worst mods and games ever maker!

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

Russian Plane Lands With Fire On Board

41 confirmed dead (of 73 passengers)

Only one and a half minutes of coverage on national TV

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSanek, on 06 May 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

Russian Plane Lands With Fire On Board

41 confirmed dead (of 73 passengers)

Only one and a half minutes of coverage on national TV

horrible tragedy

not going to ask why the moscow paper is in english, & it's a bit sad that western "news" agencies have larger articles about it. (though I'm surprised they didn't try to blame trump)

https://www.msn.com/...cid=mailsignout

This post has been edited by Forge: 06 May 2019 - 04:53 AM

TV? People still watch this shit?

User is offline   Sanek 

Most of the dead passangers perished because of the fact that some of the idiots grabbed their suitcases. Russians don't care about each other's lives, and even their own lives is less important than the things they possess.

View PostSledgehammer, on 06 May 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

TV? People still watch this shit?

In Russia - yes, unfortunately TV is a main source of information. The older (60+) people especially watch nothing but television, which brain-wash them in the best cold war-propaganda tradition. So, you'll never know the real state of affairs if you watch TV.
On the other side, the younger people don't even have a TV set in some cases.

This post has been edited by Sanek: 06 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSanek, on 06 May 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

The older (60+) people especially watch nothing but television, which brain-wash them in the best cold war-propaganda tradition. So, you'll never know the real state of affairs if you watch TV.

so, the same as the west then

User is offline   LakiSoft 

View PostSanek, on 06 May 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Most of the dead passangers perished because of the fact that some of the idiots grabbed their suitcases. Russians don't care about each other's lives, and even their own lives is less important than the things they possess.

In Russia - yes, unfortunately TV is a main source of information. The older (60+) people especially watch nothing but television, which brain-wash them in the best cold war-propaganda tradition. So, you'll never know the real state of affairs if you watch TV.

Well i don't have TV Set either and I mostly inform myself from Internet News or either from newspapers i see in shops. But anyway, sorry to hear about that plain. I can't beleive we Slavs are so careless to each other. But still it was tragedy and in general all of them were victims, there were no guilty as plane itself had problem. I don't know much about TV7 but i mostly inform myself from Sputnik (previously called Voice of Russia) as i am a Slav living n Serbia. I think SPutnik and other Russian media are much mroe accurate to the truth than western ones. This is my opinion and my expirecne though.

I've been using Voice of Russia myself for a quite long time, it's available in many languages including Japanese. I also find Russia Today to be pretty competent when it comes to journalism since their articles and reports aren't some crappy blogposts (aka "my opinion" posts). They also tend to post memetic stuff on their Twitter (which of course has some opinion type tweets).
https://twitter.com/...697751807520769

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 06 May 2019 - 10:04 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostSledgehammer, on 06 May 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

I've been using Voice of Russia myself for a quite long time, it's available in many languages including Japanese. I also find Russia Today to be pretty competent when it comes to journalism since their articles and reports aren't some crappy blogposts (aka "my opinion" posts). They also tend to post memetic stuff on their Twitter (which of course has some opinion type tweets).
https://twitter.com/...697751807520769

RT is a pro-goverment propaganda outlet, funded by taxpayers' money. Actually it's one of the worst when it comes to news coverage.

Maybe in Russian language. In English they're doing pretty good job so far when it comes to reporting international news (this part is very important), RT is quite popular among Japanese for this reason compared to the shittiest ones like CNN, BBC or Fox News. They're definitely the least terrible mainstream media outlet out there and they don't do typical click-bait articles either. Hell, they're even reporting about Israel and what they do in the Middle East or about Assange and shit like that.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 07 May 2019 - 05:57 AM

User is offline   Forge 

wanna see all the fucked up shit the west is doing, but the western tabloid agencies aren't reporting on because it makes their narrative look bad? Watch RT.
Do take it lightly though, there is an extra spin to make western idiots look worse than what they are.

Same shit applies the other direction though - Want to see the real dirt in Russia, watch outside agencies that aren't influenced by the commie agenda.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Their literal tagline is "Question more", which is the first thing you see on their website. So I do. People need to stop taking the news as gospel and if they really care about something, try to find the primary sources.

View PostForge, on 07 May 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

Want to see the real dirt in Russia, watch outside agencies that aren't influenced by the commie agenda.

Depends from context. American media along with some European mainstream media are the least outlets I'd trust not just on Russia but on anything else, I bet they don't even have Russian journalists on their team and at best are getting their info from other outlets. Obviously all of them are influenced by commie agenda, but then there are also so-called "alt-right" ones (aka controlled opposition outlets) like Breitbart or Fox. All of them are trying to stay away from many various "hot" topics. Not even Japanese mainstream media is good, it's garbage like the rest of western media.

It's much more complicated than that now because actual journalism is pretty much dead if we speak of MSM. Nowadays if you want to get the information you have to dig yourself most of the time, the more languages you know the better chance for you to find out something valuable. In Russian case it's very relevant due to Russian language being complicated. Same shit goes for Japan. English outlets tend to write some real hot shitty articles about Japan, for example. So far the only reliable news are coming from small outlets who don't do click-bait and blogpost like articles, but if you want to know something about non-English speaking countries your best bet are the people (but due to people being biased it not perfect, you can get better results from learning the language and finding out yourself).

Now, RT is not the best media outlet ever, but they're surely the best among mainstream ones, at least for the fact that they do actual journalism. Their articles don't contain opinions and this is one of the reasons why I still read them or treat them much more seriously. The rest MSM are good if you want to laugh at some cringe bullshit, it's kinda like with game journalist playing video games terribly and in some cases complaining about how bad they are.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 07 May 2019 - 06:37 AM

User is offline   Forge 

I was referring to alt-tech media as a semi-reliable outside source. (Vee, Squatting Slav, etc) Still listen to them skeptically. Some of it is accurate, but there's still a lot of slant.

I can read articles about Gaza Strip missile attacks with the filtered glasses on from MSM, but I wouldn't read a pure political or social commentary article from any of those crap-journalist from fox, cnn, msnbs, Wapo, ny times, etc.

Dude from comcast (that owns msnbc) just made a huge donation to the creepy Joe Biden campaign - you think anything from that festering pile of pus tabloid is going to be unbiased?

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostForge, on 08 May 2019 - 06:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Reminds me of this. except is a dog

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this one is a classic

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 08 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options