Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 726 Pages +
  • « First
  • 716
  • 717
  • 718
  • 719
  • 720
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Jeff 

#21511

View PostForge, on 06 March 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

i don't know the part water per part food mixture is, but I wouldn't recommend leaving it out for more than an hour because it'll turn into a petri dish of bacteria


Does the same apply for the wet food? I fed him a can in the morning.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21512

View PostJeff, on 06 March 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Does the same apply for the wet food? I fed him a can in the morning.

yes
but you can serve a quarter or half the can and put the rest in a tupperware container, or ziplock bag & into the fridge if he's not going to eat it all in one sitting.

if you can't stand the smell of the wet food, though, you can always just mix in some tuna and/or pollock oil with its kibble

This post has been edited by Forge: 06 March 2020 - 05:45 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21513

Posted Image
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21514

View PostForge, on 06 March 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

yes
but you can serve a quarter or half the can and put the rest in a tupperware container, or ziplock bag & into the fridge if he's not going to eat it all in one sitting.

if you can't stand the smell of the wet food, though, you can always just mix in some tuna and/or pollock oil with its kibble


The can says he needs like 1 1/2 cans for a 13 pound cat. He only finished half of it yesterday.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 07 March 2020 - 09:37 AM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#21515

View PostJeff, on 07 March 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

The can says he needs like 1 1/2 cans for a 13 pound cat. He only finished half of it yesterday.


That's just marketing because they want to sell more cat food. Half a can plus dry food is fine.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21516

View PostJeff, on 07 March 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

The can says he needs like 1 1/2 cans for a 13 pound cat. He only finished half of it yesterday.

maybe he needs to be fed twice a day. Half can in the morning, half can in the evening. Mix in a little kibble at each meal.
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21517

Today he seems a bit more livelier. He was moving around more, jumped up on my desk, and did a long leap off the desk onto the floor from his back legs. Aside from the shot the vet gave him, I also bought some glucosamine from the pet store down the street.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 07 March 2020 - 05:38 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21518

View PostJeff, on 07 March 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Today he seems a bit more livelier. He was moving around more, jumped up on my desk, and did a long leap off the desk onto the floor from his back legs. Aside from the shot the vet gave him, I also bought some glucosamine from the pet store down the street.

whichever is cheaper. glucosamine or pollock oil

pollock oil helps with more than just joint lubrication, though

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2020 - 06:19 PM

0

User is offline   Definitely Not Robman 

  • Banned

#21519

Greetings! The name's Woody, just thought I'd pop the ol' post cherry and say hi. Mighty fine forum for a killer classic game.
1

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21520

hello.
most people use the duke4 discord.
the few people that do hang around here are tight nit and have trust issues because of false accusations against one of the Administrator / Game Developers that runs this site.
that and the recurrence of certain people with serious social issues that get banned and make new accounts behind vpns, tors, or proxies.

most outsiders think this is some kind of hate-den. It's not. People just get tired of being labeled.
Just do you, and everything will be fine.

oh, and if Jimmy, Martyr, Lola, or whatever zer calls zerself this month hits on you; be flattered, not offended.

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2020 - 10:42 PM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#21521

View PostForge, on 07 March 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

oh, and if Jimmy, Martyr, Lola, or whatever zer calls zerself this month hits on you; be flattered, not offended.


How inappropriate to ask someone not to be offended by unwanted attention!

Just ignore Forge, we're all chill here and get along swimmingly. Welcome to the forum, Woody!


https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/4843564411_c9cc4ab688_b.jpg
1

User is offline   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

#21522

Andy's mom also have some toys called Buzz and Woody.
1

User is offline   Jeff 

#21523

Some sites claim that without ads, their sites wouldn't exist. That having an adblocker basically puts sites out of business. Any truth in this, or is it just BS? I don't know anyone who clicks on or likes ads. I'm not a fan of sites which make ads mandatory. They give you a choice between personalized ads, or random ads, but there's no "I don't want ads" option. Some sites even detect you have an adblocker and force you to disable it or leave.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 08 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

0

User is offline   HulkNukem 

#21524

Websites that don't allow you to enter if they detect adblock are annoying, but what I really can't stand are the ads that when they load in they make the webpage bounce around and after a bit of time (likely when the ad ends) the page bounces back again.
That shits on some forums too, how is it enjoyable to be reading a post only for it to move halfway through reading?
1

User is offline   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

#21525

First, don't use Adblock. They re-enable ads from sites that pay them.

Use alternatives like Ublock.

And you can download extensions to disable the anti-blockers.
1

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21526

it's a hassle, but extensions like no-script or privacy badger can be used to cherry-pick what scripts & third-party sources are run & they can be set on a temporary or permanent basis.

e.g. I can allow duke4.net through, but block google-analytics.com on this site
1

User is offline   oasiz 

  • Dr. Effector

#21527

Jeff, ads are often used to directly pay for the server bills. It doesn't require a click necessarily.

Once a site reaches the point where you can't really home-host it due to traffic (or don't want to stress about a ghetto non-datacenter stuff breaking things), you kinda have to start paying for it.

If you have a stable full-time job on the side, it's doable, however I've seen cases where the original admin has long left "the scene" and mainly keeps the thing alive as long as it doesn't hurt financially.

We're usually talking $20 per month for smaller/medium sized ones and depending on storage and performance requirements can easily climb to $50-80.
Not a huge amount but after investing thousands, it's no surprise you start to question why is it you who has to always foot the bill ;)
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21528

View PostFox, on 08 March 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

First, don't use Adblock. They re-enable ads from sites that pay them.Use alternatives like Ublock.And you can download extensions to disable the anti-blockers.

I've used UBlock Origin for quite some time.

View Postoasiz, on 09 March 2020 - 07:28 AM, said:

Jeff, ads are often used to directly pay for the server bills. It doesn't require a click necessarily.Once a site reaches the point where you can't really home-host it due to traffic (or don't want to stress about a ghetto non-datacenter stuff breaking things), you kinda have to start paying for it.If you have a stable full-time job on the side, it's doable, however I've seen cases where the original admin has long left "the scene" and mainly keeps the thing alive as long as it doesn't hurt financially.We're usually talking $20 per month for smaller/medium sized ones and depending on storage and performance requirements can easily climb to $50-80.Not a huge amount but after investing thousands, it's no surprise you start to question why is it you who has to always foot the bill ;)

Let me guess, the ad company pays the person running the website money if they allow them to put ads on their site.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 09 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

1

User is offline   Definitely Not Robman 

  • Banned

#21529

I appreciate the warm reception, it was awkwardly homosexual, but warm.
2

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21530

View PostWoody, on 09 March 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

it was awkwardly homosexual, but warm.

that's a pretty good description of Jimmy
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21531

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9115446674.png

Same price as before, more speed.
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21532

Setting up my modem. Look at the setup guide they provided. Notice anything odd?

http://i.imgur.com/mGeTOYZl.png
0

User is offline   Malgon 

#21533

Holy shit that's fast! ;)
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#21534

Shaw did the same thing for us last year. Doubled the speed and kept us at the same price.
0

User is offline   Mark 

#21535

They are buttering you up for the next rate increase in the near future. People will complain less because "hey, I have a faster connect speed and I love it, I guess its worth it"
Time Warner/Spectrum has done that throughout the years.

This post has been edited by Mark: 11 March 2020 - 05:16 AM

1

User is offline   Jeff 

#21536

I did an experiment today. Since cannibis is legal now, I went out and bought some THC chocolates. We'll see what happens.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21537

depends on what you bought.
most likely result will be a mild state of euphoria.
if you purchased something stronger with the intent to trip balls, you feel extremely detached, slow, and maybe a bit paranoid.
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21538

I didn't really feel anything, other than some shaky nerves for about an hour. My brother tried this stuff and he got a bad panic attack.

In older news, it would seem that my visit to a flight deck to help a plane takeoff in 2011 was actually legal under section 705.27(3e) of the Aeronautics Act.

3e) a person who has expertise related to the aeroplane, its equipment or its crew members and who is required to be in the flight deck to provide a service to the air operator.

Notice how it doesn't say the person who has expertise flying airplanes is required to have a valid pilot's license?

I told the captain I had flown FSX at home with a PMDG 737-700 add-on, which is modeled and performs like the real 737-700 or as close to it as possible. Couple minutes later, he asked for my help with something. Then about 10 minutes passed. In that time I entered the cockpit as instructed, and basically flew the aircraft from the gate until about 2-3 minutes after takeoff. First Officer was missing, but somehow still aboard the aircraft. Not sure why they didn't just wait out the 10 minutes.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 11 March 2020 - 10:08 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21539

View PostJeff, on 11 March 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:

I didn't really feel anything, other than some shaky nerves for about an hour. My brother tried this stuff and he got a bad panic attack.

then you either went to a crappy shop, or didn't make your intentions clear.

most good shops around here will ask you what your goal is; medical pain relief, nightmare suppression, intoxication, tremor relief, etc.
they then go through your options and the results you would get with each choice.

sounds like they sold you some stock that had been sitting too long and needed to be moved

This post has been edited by Forge: 11 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21540

If you're curious about 6G, you can read this.
0

Share this topic:


  • 726 Pages +
  • « First
  • 716
  • 717
  • 718
  • 719
  • 720
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options