Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Mark 

Yesterday morning I was quietly sitting at my computer. A movement off to the side caught my attention. My cat was sleeping under the bed. She must have woken up and saw she was inches away from nice warm sunshine. She layed on her back and used her paws on the edge of the bed frame to pull herself into the light.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: warmkitty.jpg

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Jeff, on 24 July 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

I'm not big on small talk.

I just find that asking stupid questions like how are you doing, and giving the same answer every week is grinding my gears.

Why do people do it?

With small talk, it's less about what you're saying, and more about establishing some emotional common ground with the other person. Ideally that stage of the conversation wouldn't require too much thinking, like they ask how your week is going and you either say something notable that happened, or that it was normal if nothing was out of the ordinary, and then you move on to the actual substance of the conversation. That said, if the small talk gets too in depth that it requires effort, that's annoying.

User is offline   Jeff 

I don't mind if people keep it short like 15 seconds, but some people will go on for 30 minutes talking about stuff that serves no interest to me.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Jeff, on 26 July 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

I don't mind if people keep it short like 15 seconds, but some people will go on for 30 minutes talking about stuff that serves no interest to me.

There are some pretty simple ways to make people stop jabbering at you. One method is to throw it back in their face and start talking about a subject that you know they aren't interested in or makes them uncomfortable. Do it with friendly enthusiasm. Don't worry about being honest, either -- if the person can't be bothered to respect your time or pay attention to what interests you, then fuck 'em. If it's your boss or a superior, be careful.

User is offline   Mark 

I don't know how to condense my question about the stock market into a google search form.
In the Silver, and probably other markets as well, why does the trading day ( 8am ) always start with a big drop?
https://www.kitco.co...livesilver.html

This post has been edited by Mark: 29 July 2019 - 05:06 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Mark, on 29 July 2019 - 05:04 AM, said:

I don't know how to condense my question about the stock market into a google search form.
In the Silver, and probably other markets as well, why does the trading day ( 8am ) always start with a big drop?
https://www.kitco.co...livesilver.html

probably has something to do with market strategy.
If the price is high at closing, the first thing people want to do is sell.
This causes the prices to drop.
Then the buying frenzy starts and drives the prices back up at the end of the day.

Buy in the morning when it's low, sell before closing when it's high.

Just a theory. You can probably look it up somewhere.

User is offline   Mark 

That was my first thought but it seems to happen whether the previous day ended in an upward or downward direction. But maybe it is just that simple. Sell orders gather during the closed hours and at opening bell the investor's computers automatically start the selloff.

This post has been edited by Mark: 29 July 2019 - 06:51 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's an elaborate way to get the bottle to stand upright. Bravo. Good boy.

Forge, on 30 July 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Posted Image

Even the pros had to start somewhere.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 30 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Posted Image

Who was aware that someone made some mini-mods based on the late 80's animes Bubblegum Crisis 2033/2040, AD Police and other long time ago? http://www.ravensgarage.com/

Nene Nukem 3D (change textures and sounds, replaces Duke with BGC's Nene Romanova)

Priss Nukem 3D (change textures and sounds, replaces Duke with BGC's Priss Asagiri)

Linna Rampage For Redneck Rampage (change textures and sounds, replaces Leonard with BGC's Linna Yamazaki)

Sylia Warrior (change textures and sounds, replaces Lo Wang with BGC's Sylia Stingray)

It's impossible don't notice how the mechasuit sprites in AMC is very similar, I suppose the inspiration comes from there.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 02 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

So a couple years ago I got into a discussion with someone and I mentioned that most of our DNA comes from monkeys. She didn't like being compared to an animal, and said I made her feel uncomfortable. Why is the truth uncomfortable to some?

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

I own 10 of the games in that pic. Most of my games are from that era. I had around 40 magazines with cds.

This post has been edited by Mark: 03 August 2019 - 03:59 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Jeff, on 02 August 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

So a couple years ago I got into a discussion with someone and I mentioned that most of our DNA comes from monkeys. She didn't like being compared to an animal, and said I made her feel uncomfortable. Why is the truth uncomfortable to some?

Probably because that is inaccurate. Humans and chimpanzees share ( similar genome size, number of genes, chromosome number, phylogeny, etc) about 98 to 99 percent of their DNA. If you believe the school of evolution, humans and monkeys had a common ancestor, not that humans evolved from chimps.

Humans and mice share about 90% DNA, humans and dog 84%, humans and chickens 64%, humans and bananas 30%.
DNA is finite, there are only so many ways it can be successfully mutated and sequenced.

If you're going to insult people's religious belief with your own, and you have every right to do so, then you might want to consider taking your shower thoughts to the forum's outhouse.

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 August 2019 - 08:48 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Baby farts are fucking hilarious

User is offline   Jeff 

Not sure with what I said has to do with religious beliefs or an insult.

User is offline   Forge 

Jeff, on 03 August 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Not sure with what I said has to do with religious beliefs or an insult.

She didn't like being compared to an animal

sounds like a western religion

Why is the truth uncomfortable to some?

sounds like a science religion

Your phrasing insinuates that the offended western religious type person is too stupid to recognize the truth. That would be the insult part of it.

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: sin.gif

User is offline   Jeff 

Had some KFC for dinner. Haven't had that stuff in probably 20 years.

Posted Image

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Duke made it back on TV.
Attached Image: TrevorDuke.jpg

LeoD, on 07 August 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Duke made it back on TV.
TrevorDuke.jpg

Found it:

at 4:38.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 07 August 2019 - 11:53 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Stupid region-locked videos. Oh well, it's only Trevor Noah anyway.

User is offline   Jeff 

Sledgehammer, on 07 August 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

That cat looks just like Cosmo.

Posted Image

In other news I just had a stone age moment, where my internet, Wi-Fi, phone and LTE all went down at the same time. Only my local intranet worked.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 07 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

I think my internet just imploded:

With VPN (OpenVPN, using my Synology NAS):
Posted Image

Without VPN:
Posted Image

Is that normal?

This post has been edited by Jeff: 09 August 2019 - 02:37 PM

User is offline   Forge 

free vpn - probably.

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options