Duke4.net Forums: To anybody that's created a titlescreen for Duke3d. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To anybody that's created a titlescreen for Duke3d.  "There has to be an easier way"

User is offline   Pigeon 

Hello. If you've made a custom title screen for duke3d may I ask; How did you transform your pic so that the colors weren't messed up? I've made 1 title screen so far. I had to use IrfanViewer to change the palette to colors that would show up as the normal colors in duke3d, I've saved the palette to make pics look normal, but it doesn't work to load that palette as it tries to match up the colors as best as possible. Do you know how to make a "unfunky" titlescreen without an assload of work?

I've included an attachment of what my transformed title screen looked like after recoloring it along with a few other files I had to create along the way.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

There's no need for all that. Just tell the game to use the regular palette during the title screen:

onevent EVENT_LOGO
setgamepalette 0
endevent

Put that in a CON file.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

DT's solution preserves your sanity, but if you'd rather have the extra brown in place of the red/purple and fullbrights (and two rows swapped), see here.

User is offline   Pigeon 

thanks so much. I should've came to you guys before I did all that. Meh. I guess I just learned the hard way I guess.

edit: which con file? I searched and couldn't find the bit of code

This post has been edited by Pigeon: 14 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That code can go basically anywhere, outside of a state, actor, or event. Put it at the very end of a file for simplicity.

User is offline   Pigeon 

Oh lol. I'm not exactly a veteran at modifying con files. I appreciate the help. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options