• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGR1 - WGR2 conversion.  "7 level episode"

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Can't wait!!! Great job

Thanks!

Good news. mapping is finished. DT just has to code the boss and beta testing can start.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

My goal is to make the boss battle challenging, fun and original. We have a very nice arena that was made by Spiker a while back, based on an idea I had for the gameplay.

Is anyone interested in helping out with beta testing this weekend? I want to get people who have already played the released version all the way to the end, so we can get feedback about the new maps and stuff without fielding questions about the gameplay mechanics of the TC which aren't going to be changed anyway.

WG will be moving soon so his involvement from now on will be very limited.

User is offline   MetHy 

2 brand new levels? Fucking sweet.

I hope the changes made to the original Duke gameplay (monsters, weapons, etc) will also be good, because I thought the original was great also because of those and the way you used them.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

What ever happened to the bow and arrow etc?
Or was that a different mod?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostThe Commander, on Feb 16 2011, 10:52 AM, said:

What ever happened to the bow and arrow etc?
Or was that a different mod?

Change your character? Or do I have a wrong version?
http://www.moddb.com/games/wgrealms-2/tuto...astle-demonhorn
take a look. I have not defeated the boss yet, but when you do you should be able to play mid-evil.

Oh my bad, I thought I was missing something.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostDeeperThought, on Feb 16 2011, 11:10 AM, said:

Is anyone interested in helping out with beta testing this weekend? I want to get people who have already played the released version all the way to the end, so we can get feedback about the new maps and stuff without fielding questions about the gameplay mechanics of the TC which aren't going to be changed anyway.

I'm definitely interested! About time I actually play some Duke ;). How long would the new episode be, compared to WGR2?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHelixhorned, on Feb 16 2011, 09:30 AM, said:

I'm definitely interested! About time I actually play some Duke ;). How long would the new episode be, compared to WGR2?

There are twice as many levels, but they are shorter, so... about 50% longer? I'll send PMs to you and the other testers when it's ready.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I'll test it.

Funny thing, the 2 new maps are even older than the first episode in WGR2, they date back to 2007 or earlyer. Here is a highres video showing them, but they have a diferent texture set. So these oldys are finaly gonna get in your hands, just in good old wgr2 classic look. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-NCDoHmpqZQ

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm glad that we have TX and HelixHorned beta testing, because one of them should be able to fix something that newer edukes broke in our TC.

We have a special palette for quad damage which makes everything greyscale except for the reds. It worked in the eduke32.exe packed with the last official version of WGR2, but the palette does not work with the latest build.

Too see this quickly, start a game, open the console and spawn QUADDAMAGE

The palette is changed using the setgamepalette command.

0 is regular
1 is under water
2 is for night vision
3 is not used
4 is for quaddamage
5 is for being on fire

Note that the other palettes have been altered as well, and they all work correctly, including palette 5. Also note that you may see the _sky_ change to grey with the latest build, but that's because the sky uses a high res skybox and it is done by swapping in a different tile number. And finally, this has been tested in all renderers and all behave the same.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 16 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

That sounds like something I might have broken when I changed how palettes were referenced throughout the engine for the highpal stuff. Any chance I can just get the corresponding palette.dat instead of having to get the whole thing?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPlagman, on Feb 17 2011, 08:51 AM, said:

That sounds like something I might have broken when I changed how palettes were referenced throughout the engine for the highpal stuff. Any chance I can just get the corresponding palette.dat instead of having to get the whole thing?

Attached!

Attached File(s)

• Duke Plus Developer

The first beta has been sent to beta testers!

When creating a new level for WGR2 is their anyway to skip the character select screen and force the player to either be Duke or Jedrik?

It seems a few of the effects are not documented WGR2MapsterHelp.htm

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Commander, on Feb 19 2011, 12:29 AM, said:

When creating a new level for WGR2 is their anyway to skip the character select screen and force the player to either be Duke or Jedrik?

No, not currently. Why do you ask?

View PostThe Commander, on Feb 19 2011, 12:29 AM, said:

It seems a few of the effects are not documented WGR2MapsterHelp.htm

Yeah, I'm going to update the documentation for the next release. Is there any particular effect you need to know about?

View PostDeeperThought, on Feb 19 2011, 09:38 PM, said:

No, not currently. Why do you ask?

I have a one time sound on map load where the player starts, it is played while the select screen is up.
I can get around this issue easy enough but I thought I would just ask anyhow as I would like the player to use Jedrik.

View PostDeeperThought, on Feb 19 2011, 09:38 PM, said:

Is there any particular effect you need to know about?

I am using a static cutscene camera also on map start to show a conversation between the player and another character.
The issue here is that the player is not seen. (I know the reason for this)
I could get around this by using a sprite of the player on a tiny sector that disapheres into the ground after the camera is finished, another possibility is that before the next update you could force the F7 view mode on when say EXTRA 32 (unused?) is set on the camera. This way the APLAYER sprite is then drawn.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 19 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Wouldn't it be a better option to postpone sounds and music during the character selection screen? In the first level of WGRealms 2 when you meet the wizard guy, the music starts instantly, yet in the original version it only started once you've opened the chest. Also in the castle demonhorn level, the music started at the same time as the cutscene which felt tidier.

View PostDeeperThought, on Feb 17 2011, 09:35 AM, said:

Attached!

As I thought, I broke it with rev 1772 when working on highpal. I'm looking at it right now.

Fixed with revision 1798, I'm an idiot.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPlagman, on Feb 19 2011, 10:08 PM, said:

Fixed with revision 1798

Awesome!

btw, do you know why the eduk332 wiki is down?

Not sure, maybe a MediaWiki update that went wrong. I'll ask TerminX.

Wiki's back up now.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options