Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior High Resolution Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior High Resolution Pack

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

Hm...
Well, if you just cropped some top and bottom from this non-widescreen background, wouldn't it work as widescreen?

User is offline   Mark 

deleted...

This post has been edited by Mark: 12 February 2019 - 05:50 AM

I'm only saying that because I noticed the original tile from the games art files actually looked more like widescreen, so I cut down the new one to make it have the same relative dimensions as the original, and it appeared to line up perfectly.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Keep in mind most Build art has non-square pixels in practice - 16:10 images squished horizontally to 4:3. I recall talking with ProAsm and he recommended the image sizes that are in SVN now. If you play in 4:3 and the yin/yang symbol in your highres image is a proper circle, that's what you want. We will need better source port support for widescreen menu images to be implemented.

Squished YinYang: https://www.dropbox....inYang.zip?dl=0
Can't decide whether or not it looks better in-game, but it has the same resolution ratio as the original

The only way to convert a .max file to a more widely used format that we can use is to get 3ds max, which costs moneys. So, if anyone would be kind enough to convert the Lo Wang model into FBX with 3DS max, that would be great :)

User is offline   Besli 

Okay, here is the Shadow Warrior model as an *.obj file:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cb5oly

User is offline   Besli 

Long time no update. I tried to recreate the ingame menu logo (tile 2366).
And with a lot of help from a guy called Moofy i got this:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Besli: 23 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Hendricks and team,

Just found these pictures, hope they can be useful:

Original Shadow Warrior picture:

Posted Image

Close reeplacement for the HRP:

Posted Image

Cheers

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 27 March 2020 - 03:48 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Nice find, Martin! This tile was the most in need of replacement for accuracy of all the anime posters. With this, all of them would be from the right source material.

By searching for the text at the top I found a higher res version.

Spoiler

Anyone want to remake the highres #3340 replacement? (Also #3333.)

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 27 March 2020 - 09:01 PM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostHendricks266, on 27 March 2020 - 06:59 PM, said:

Nice find, Martin! This tile was the most in need of replacement for accuracy of all the anime posters. With this, all of them would be from the right source material.

By searching for the text at the top I found a higher res version.

Spoiler

Anyone want to remake the highres replacement?

Great to hear, dunno if you already had this one:

Original image Shadow Warrior:

https://i.imgur.com/2FhlKTG.png

https://steamuserima...&letterbox=true

Original sprite extracted from the game:

Posted Image

Most likely source image and good enough to be in the HRP:
Spoiler

Hope it is good enough

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 27 March 2020 - 08:00 PM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

I could rescue the ones of Kimi Tachihara, after tinypic got REKT

Original sprite extracted from the game:

Posted Image

Best quality original source image:

Spoiler

A comparison made by another user some years ago:

Posted Image

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Does the SW HRP have the same directives as the Duke HRP in regards to upscales? Because if not I can attempt upscaling the background in that image, and superimpose the source image on top of it.

User is offline   ViDi 

I guess this is the source image for another anime poster (Black Jack)

Posted Image Posted Image

Here's an edit I made - attempted repositioning to match the original tile, then edit the color the closer match the original. finally replaced the border and the red part in the top left corner with an upscale of the original tile.

Edit: slideover comparison https://imgsli.com/MTM4NDQ

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 29 March 2020 - 06:46 AM

User is offline   ViDi 

Another source image (Sorcerer Hunters/Bakuretsu Hunters)

Spoiler

• Weaponized Autism

View PostViDi, on 29 March 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

I guess this is the source image for another anime poster (Black Jack)

Spoiler

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 March 2020 - 06:42 AM, said:

Here's an edit I made - attempted repositioning to match the original tile, then edit the color the closer match the original. finally replaced the border and the red part in the top left corner with an upscale of the original tile.

Edit: slideover comparison https://imgsli.com/MTM4NDQ

Good to have these posted, but you should always check the actual SWHRP first. We already have this tile covered in great quality.

Posted Image

View PostViDi, on 29 March 2020 - 07:19 AM, said:

Another source image (Sorcerer Hunters/Bakuretsu Hunters)

Spoiler

Also good to have this posted. While we have a replacement tile that uses the correct artwork, it uses the version with text overlaid while the original tile does not.

This may be useful for the SW HRP. These are tints I used while making my upscale pack, up until the release version where I added separate palswaps for compatibility with WangGDX. The first two are just the SW HRP equivalents with the greyscale flag set but the last one is probably the most interesting one.

tint { pal 11 red 174 green 186 blue 142 flags 1 }
tint { pal 13 red 148 green 192 blue 255 flags 1 }
tint { pal 14 red 255 green 0 blue 0 flags 1 }
tint { pal 32 red 80 green 96 blue 0 flags 65 }

Here's a screenshot of how it looks in-game

Attached File  swcp0002.png (224.51K)
Number of downloads: 20

User is offline   Mafoo343 

Recently I was looking into the HD anime posters included in this pack and I noticed that the current replacement for the Slayers Special OVA, while similar looking, is slightly different from the original source found in Shadow Warrior. I did a little digging and I managed to find what I believe was the exact original source used by 3D Realms. Apparently, both the Black Jack poster and the Slayers Special OVA poster were lifted from promotions found in a June 1996 issue of Newtype Magazine. The reason I believe this to be the case is that aside from the Slayers poster matching up perfectly, there is additional orange and red text found in the promotion for Black Jack's sixth OVA release on laserdisc present in the Newtype issue which is also reflected ingame which I thought was interesting. Below I've included a couple comparison images for reference purposes.

HD source for Slayers poster from Newtype Magazine
Spoiler

Original ingame Slayers poster
Spoiler

Current HD Slayers poster replacement
Spoiler

HD Black Jack OVA 6 Laserdisc promotion
Spoiler

Original ingame Black Jack poster
Spoiler

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostBesli, on 10 February 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

Little update. I tried to get it close to the original texture.

Is that Dr. Robotnik?
Posted Image

I wonder how this Shadow Warrior High Resolution Pack is still going? I've played the Version 2.1 HRP which was from 2009, but it's like halfway finished. Only hoped to see the rest of the game's HD textures with Lo Wang's 3D model.

User is offline   Mark 

Wow, I read the previous post and I got the urge to load up the project for the first time in probably close to 2 years. I contributed a little over 100 textures and models and it was cool to see them in the game again. I wish I didn't already have too many projects going. I would love to start making more assets. My modeling skills are greatly improved since then and I have a couple better texture creating programs too.

User is offline   Mark 

A bonus map for one of my current projects. Looking out the dojo window.

Attached File(s)

View PostMark, on 01 January 2023 - 06:00 AM, said:

A bonus map for one of my current projects. Looking out the dojo window.

Looks impressive! Hope to see Lo Wang in his 3D Model!

As you all know, I played the Shadow Warrior High Resolution Pack from 2009 using the addons from this website (http://www.proasm.com/). They were like half-way done, but I was hopefully looking forward to a finished version of Shadow Warrior HRP.

User is offline   Mark 

This isn't the same model that was posted about many years ago but it doesn't look too bad. I gave it some basic animations but haven't done much with it yet other than a cameo appearance in one of my mods.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark: 02 January 2023 - 05:49 AM

View PostMark, on 02 January 2023 - 05:48 AM, said:

This isn't the same model that was posted about many years ago but it doesn't look too bad. I gave it some basic animations but haven't done much with it yet other than a cameo appearance in one of my mods.

That's no ordinary Wang, but he definitely should look good with an Uzi on his hand for the game, and definitely color his pants brown much like in the original.

Posted Image

The pants are recoloured by the game

Just for a curiosity, I wonder what those other characters such as Master Leep with his anime girl daughters look like in their 3D models?

This post has been edited by KyleKatarn1995: 02 January 2023 - 08:44 PM

I bet this Shadow Warrior High Resolution Pack would work a lot better with VoidSW because it's faster, using the SWP with High Resolution Pack sorta lags the game a bit and is pretty outdated.

This post has been edited by KyleKatarn1995: 02 January 2023 - 10:26 PM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options