Duke4.net Forums: MORTAL KOMBAT (2011) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MORTAL KOMBAT (2011)

View Post#SH@DOW#, on Mar 5 2011, 10:07 AM, said:

Developer Ed Boon describes the game as an altered re-telling of the events of the original first three Mortal Kombat games (MK, MK II, and MK3).[22]
...Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, he [Raiden] sends a mental message to his earlier self, and the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from Mortal Kombat 1 then gets the message and experiences a premonition. The game then spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, who has changed the course of events. Eventually, everything you've seen happen before – Liu Kang winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, has been altered. You might see a cybernetic character who wasn't before, and a different version [of events].

http://en.wikipedia....011_video_game)

seems good

This game needs to come to pc too. If capcom was able to bring streetfighter 4 to pc, so can they. Besides this is an unreal engine 3 game, it's incredibly easy to bring it to the pc.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 05 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostMr.Deviance, on Mar 5 2011, 06:56 PM, said:

This game needs to come to pc too. If capcom was able to bring streetfighter 4 to pc, so can they. Besides this is an unreal engine 3 game, it's incredibly easy to bring it to the pc.

but think of company agreements and legal issues

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

About a PC port - it's never gonna happen, at least with this game. The main reason is PIRACY. That's why Capcom has no intention of bringing SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 to PC. They even told so.

View Post#SH@DOW#, on Mar 5 2011, 11:38 PM, said:

About a PC port - it's never gonna happen, at least with this game. The main reason is PIRACY. That's why Capcom has no intention of bringing SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 to PC. They even told so.

makes sense, but i think it would be cool if the port did happen

User is offline   Raziel 

View Post#SH@DOW#, on Mar 5 2011, 11:38 PM, said:

Technically, the arcade machine that runs Super Street Fighter IV is Windows based and has been cracked wide-open, while I dunno if anyone's dumped the game, if it gets dumped it should be runnable on Windows with a few simple tools. Kinda like "BlazBlue Continuum Shift", which runs on the same arcade machine.

View PostRaziel, on Mar 7 2011, 01:57 AM, said:

Technically, the arcade machine that runs Super Street Fighter IV is Windows based and has been cracked wide-open, while I dunno if anyone's dumped the game, if it gets dumped it should be runnable on Windows with a few simple tools. Kinda like "BlazBlue Continuum Shift", which runs on the same arcade machine.

You actually brought an interesting point here.
Do you have more info or links to some forums where this is being debated?
I am interested to find more about the new arcade hardware and os.
If what you said is real, it might actually be truly possible to get super street fighter pirated and onto pc.

User is offline   Alithinos 

View Post#SH@DOW#, on Mar 6 2011, 08:38 AM, said:

That's what they say, but we know it's bull###t right ?
Crysis is a pc exclusive and according to EA it sold 3 million units.
Lets compare it with some console exclusives.

Halo ODST: 3 million units. (same)
God of War 3: 1.46 million units (less)
Zelda Twilight Princess: 4.46 milion units (more)

Crysis is an example that if a game does something good,people will BUY it,including PC gamers.
There are lots of games that sale worse,but they don't say that PS3 is full of piracy for God of War 3 selling half of what Crysis sold.
They only talk about piracy when one of their games didn't sold well on PC,and it's not just wrong,but it's also insulting for all of us who buy original PC games.

The sales of the latest MK (vs DC) are only 1.6 millions with that being combined xbox360 and ps3 sales.

There are lots of honest PC gamers that buy original games,IF THEY ARE GOOD and THEY ARE NOT BROKEN as most developers deliver us broken ports nowdays.
If their rushed,unoptimized,mediocre,buggy,broken game doesn't sell,doesn't mean that people pirate your game but that people don't play your game because it SUCKS!!!

That's not intented only to Midway but to any developer who is coming up with bullshit discriminating pc gamers.

Source for game sales: Wikipedia.

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 08 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

I dont think it will be the same for crysis 2, what a fuckup of a game, i could go on about whats wrong with it but its easier to make a list of whats done right

1. NOTHING

View PostDanM, on Mar 8 2011, 03:04 AM, said:

I dont think it will be the same for crysis 2, what a fuckup of a game, i could go on about whats wrong with it but its easier to make a list of whats done right

1. NOTHING

The entire single player of Crysis 2 is done right.
Don't act like an ignorant kid please...

User is offline   Stabs 

Don't deny me my right to my own opinion

So is it only ok for you to make long winded bitch session you pigheaded cunt

I don't see crysis 2 as a bad game. But certainly not a super game either.

It's one of those games i don't even bother trying. It has nothing that interrests me. And i have spent my whole life gaming. Crysis 1 had something interresting. But not very much, this game has nothing.

View PostJhect, on Mar 10 2011, 11:59 AM, said:

I don't see crysis 2 as a bad game. But certainly not a super game either.

It's one of those games i don't even bother trying. It has nothing that interrests me. And i have spent my whole life gaming. Crysis 1 had something interresting. But not very much, this game has nothing.

honestly when i played it, the game reminded you of skyline somewhat. other than that its a good game for what it is. IMO of course.

ROSTER:

- Scorpion
- Sub-zero
- Liu Kang
- Kung Lao
- Sonya
- Cage
- Rayden
- Jax
- Sektor
-Cyrax
- Smoke (human)
- Nightwolf
- Stryker
- Baraka
- Sheeva
- Kabal
- Kano
- Shang Tsung
- Kitana
- Mileena
- Jade
- Sindel
- Ermac
- Noob Saibot
- Quan-Chi
- Reptile
- Kratos
- Cyber Sub-Zero
- Goro
- Kintaro
- Shao Khan

It's a real shame that developers have not included Motaro. Cool boss you know...

User is offline   Sebastian 

That's still not a bad lineup. Check out this video for some of the demo action: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-mortal...t-demo/17-3890/

Really effin' looking forward to this!

View PostDanM, on Mar 10 2011, 06:48 AM, said:

Don't deny me my right to my own opinion

So is it only ok for you to make long winded bitch session you pigheaded cunt

Go blow yourself up in a pokemon club if you have a problem with my rants.
If you won't have the decency to actually make a list of what sucked about it, then your opinion is obviously negligible...
Anybody can go on to say that something very complex sucks or owns without giving any reason why but that doesn't mean they have an opinion, that just means they are immature brats, jealous fags or hypocritical trolls...
So until the next time, I will carefully keep your opinion on top of my chair cushion to help decrease my farting sounds and anal smells with it...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

i couldnt care what you think of me nor does anyone else

you are the biggest wanker on duke4.net, a total douchebag and tool so just do everyone a favor and fuck off, your detrimental to this forum

Okay, moving on.

To my mind MK9 is the best fighting game since Ultimate MK3 (Genesis)

View Post#SH@DOW#, on 18 April 2011 - 12:34 AM, said:

BUMP! To my mind MK 2011 is the best fighting game since Ultimate MK3 (Genesis)

You played it yet? if so, lucky.

To me though, as i haven't played it yet MKT is the best MK game, HOWEVER i'm 100% sure MK 2011 will blow that game out of the water.

Giant Bomb's Mortal Kombat video review: http://www.giantbomb...review/17-4028/

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Been playing this. I love it. My favourite Mortal Kombat period was MKII and this is equally as satisfying. Great matches had with my brother and story mode is excellent so far. Just defeated Shang Tsung and now I'm on Jax's chapter fighting Sindel.

View Post#SH@DOW#, on 05 March 2011 - 10:38 PM, said:

I read your post again today and even though you were right about what you said back when you made this post, I wanted to bring to your attention that you are no longer right and that your post thesis has been killed by the rather recent announcements made by Capcom.
In case that you haven't heard the news yet, Campcom has announced in April that Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is coming to pc too AND they have even announced Street Fighter X Tekken to come on pc also.
Also Ed Boon is also constantly keeping the PC version edition of MK9 an open subject of debate on his twitter account.
In light of what Capcom has decided, it seems there are huge chances that Mk9 will see pc release too.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 May 2011 - 02:17 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options