Duke4.net Forums: MORTAL KOMBAT (2011) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MORTAL KOMBAT (2011)

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

It will be an awesome game! I like the idea of bringing back classics, the very first trilogy I mean.

A new trailer has been recently released,
Here is a vid http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/27/morta...ay-action-video

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 27 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

View Post#SH@DOW#, on Jan 27 2011, 10:49 AM, said:

It will be an awesome game! I like the idea of bringing back classics, the very first trilogy I mean.

A new trailer has been recently released,
Here is a vid http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/27/morta...ay-action-video

Yeah I think it will be the best MK game ever. Please provide a youtube link for the trailer.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Wow, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Wow, you're a real douche.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

It seems interesting as a "finish him" motif...I hope it isn't a "every time you hit this person" thing because it would get stupid eventually.

also, boobie physics. :(

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jan 27 2011, 02:15 PM, said:

Wow, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

I know dude, but were I work there a filter system that blocks IGN :(

User is offline   Sebastian 

That reminds me, I have a Mortal Kombat t-shirt somewhere with the same design as the one Steve Beran is wearing.
Game looks perfectly fine to me btw, can't wait to play it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MIRSoIaIbfE

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That looks very similar if not identical to the first video you posted.

Edit: Except this time it's on youtube, I forgot the first video wasn't.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 29 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

View Post#SH@DOW#, on Jan 29 2011, 12:55 AM, said:

Thanks.

Dead thread? :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm also interested in this one, the premiese kinda looks like the new star trek

New screens!

http://mkserver.ru/modules.php?name=News&a...amp;news_id=888

I want Motaro get back in the game! He would be awesome!

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 10 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

Liu kang history trailer
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Y7xBEds6nK8

Damn, I see topic is dead. No mk fans here?

View Post#SH@DOW#, on Feb 11 2011, 01:09 AM, said:

Damn, I see topic is dead. No mk fans here?

Me.

User is offline   Raziel 

The new MK is actually really high up on my list of wants this year. I was a huge MK fan until Deadly Alliance, I'm sorry, but it sucked, they seriously should have stuck to 2D gameplay. Thanks to Street Fighter IV, I think they saw the light of day and realised that you can actually make a 2D fighting game with 3D graphics.

View PostRaziel, on Feb 11 2011, 03:44 AM, said:

The new MK is actually really high up on my list of wants this year. I was a huge MK fan until Deadly Alliance, I'm sorry, but it sucked, they seriously should have stuck to 2D gameplay. Thanks to Street Fighter IV, I think they saw the light of day and realised that you can actually make a 2D fighting game with 3D graphics.

What!? DA ruled! Though it wasn't as good as Deception.

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postblackharted, on Feb 11 2011, 03:46 AM, said:

What!? DA ruled! Though it wasn't as good as Deception.

Graphically it was awesome, but I don't think the gameplay worked very well, I like pressing a diagonal to jump, not walk into the screen, it's a dynamic not needed in a game of this type...

Actually mk4 sucked great shit, to my mind DA is the way better. I dislike MK4 for an odd roster of characters and similar combos. But the strong feauture of the game I bileve is cinematics. I love cinimatics on Mk, they'are like short movies to me.

View Post#SH@DOW#, on Feb 12 2011, 02:37 AM, said:

Actually mk4 sucked great shit, to my mind DA is the way better. I dislike MK4 for an odd roster of characters and similar combos. But the strong feauture of the game I bileve is cinematics. I love cinimatics on Mk, they'are like short movies to me.

Mk 4's roster, is you gotta admit, was 100x better than MK 3's roster. Not that that's saying much however. The cinematics I agree were fab. DA was a vast improvement over MK 4.

The new MK game FTW.

as far as i can tell this does not retell mortal kombat one. Only that of 2 and 3. Which makes you think will they be retelling MK4?

User is offline   Raziel 

By the way, new MK game is banned in Australia :P. Interestingly enough Amazon (UK) doesn't allow you to ship it over here either but Amazon (US) does, but would take longer to arrive and you can't really risk getting it on 360 due to region coding, you have to get the PS3 one. Or, you can do what I did, order from cdwow, though it works out more expensive. Ultimately though, if you do choose to import, hope customs doesn't open it and confiscate the game*.

* so the customs officer can play it on their system at home.

This post has been edited by Raziel: 26 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postduke4everman, on Feb 22 2011, 09:33 PM, said:

as far as i can tell this does not retell mortal kombat one. Only that of 2 and 3. Which makes you think will they be retelling MK4?

I don't know the specifics, but I've heard they travel back in time to kill Shao Khan while he's vulnerable. That suggests an MK2 and MK3 time frame as you've suggested as he was not in MK4 or MK1.

View Postduke4everman, on Feb 22 2011, 09:33 PM, said:

as far as i can tell this does not retell mortal kombat one. Only that of 1, 2 and 3. Which makes you think will they be retelling MK4?

Fixed. GO MK!! :P

This post has been edited by blackharted: 02 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

View Postblackharted, on Mar 2 2011, 02:29 PM, said:

where does it say it will retell one?

watch visdeos - they contain arenas form MK1 and even oldy grandpa Shan Tsung was shown sitting on his throne. And even Boon told that the nest kombat was about bringing back classics and retelling stories of the first 3 kombats in other way. So that Liu Kang can no longer be champion of the first tournament or cybernatization of ninjas will be differently carried out

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postblackharted, on Mar 2 2011, 02:29 PM, said:

Actually, I think you just broke it... yes, the game contains some arenas from MK1 (well, one I'm aware of anyway), but from a story-line point of view it appears to take place during the MK2/MK3 time frame based on Shao Khan not being at the MK1 tournament, so there'd be no point for Raiden to go back that far to kill him.

DUDE, It's Boon who said that the game's story would be based on the original trilogy(MK1-3). Moreover the video was released that contained the scene from story mode. It showed Cage and Liu having just arrived on the island. The game covers MK1 story and dont even fucking argue on that)))

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 05 March 2011 - 04:14 AM

Developer Ed Boon describes the game as an altered re-telling of the events of the original first three Mortal Kombat games (MK, MK II, and MK3).[22]
...Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, he [Raiden] sends a mental message to his earlier self, and the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from Mortal Kombat 1 then gets the message and experiences a premonition. The game then spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, who has changed the course of events. Eventually, everything you've seen happen before – Liu Kang winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, has been altered. You might see a cybernetic character who wasn't before, and a different version [of events].

http://en.wikipedia....011_video_game)

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 05 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options