Duke4.net Forums: So a collectors edition? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So a collectors edition?  "For sure buy"

User is offline   Tedades 

Just pre-ordered the 360 version. Does anyone know if it could cause problems playing it on a European xbox360?
(I'll get the regular pc version in my local store)

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostTedades, on Feb 11 2011, 04:28 PM, said:

Just pre-ordered the 360 version. Does anyone know if it could cause problems playing it on a European xbox360?

With the 360 it is unfortunately unknown. Unlike the PS3 which is fully region free (for games anyway), the 360 has optional region protection which about half of the games use, so it's pretty much hit and miss. The only way to really know is to buy it and try it...

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostFloodge, on Feb 11 2011, 12:39 PM, said:

Wtf! I paid 99 usd each for my two copies, and now I go onto amazon to find they now cost 89.99 each, just a few hours later!!

Amazon has a pre-order price guarantee thing... If they lower the price on a pre-order item, you automatically end up paying the lowest price they had it at during that time. Something like that anyway. Read their policies: "Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change."

360 version Balls of Steel Edition now on pre-order with release date delivery. I may not have been a Duke fan during the golden times when his currently released game was still relevant, but I'm going to make up for lost time damn it!

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 11 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Looks like it's time to finally get out my credit card and preorder this thing.

User is offline   Stewox 

Sadly, there are no steel balls or an empty pack of chewing gum to be found.

This post has been edited by Stewox: 12 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Why can't I log into the front page to post on the articles? Does it take another seperate log in? WTF?

Anyways, I'm not into special editions for games, this will most likely be my first and last one. ;)

View Postkaisersoze, on Feb 12 2011, 01:48 PM, said:

Why can't I log into the front page to post on the articles? Does it take another seperate log in? WTF?

Anyways, I'm not into special editions for games, this will most likely be my first and last one. ;)

Yes, you need to register again... weird, I know.

User is offline   Iggy 

You can also pre-order from this UK webshop => http://www.shopto.net/

So far we've got these places to pre-order from;

- Amazon.com (US) [1]
- Gamestop.com (US) [1]
- Gameware.at (EU) (no price mentioned) [3]
- Shopto.net (UK) [2]
- Bol.com (NL)

[1] = Credit card required, no PayPal support.
[2] = PayPal support, but credit card required anyway just because.
[3] = PayPal and credit card support.

View PostIggy, on Feb 12 2011, 02:32 PM, said:

- Bol.com (NL)

For some reason the PC game is available 20th, while the console versions are already available at the 6th.
I think the Bol.com version might be a lot cheaper then the amazon one I pre-ordered (about $41, probably the cost to fly them to the EU plus tax).

User is offline   keiron 

View PostIggy, on Feb 12 2011, 02:32 PM, said:

So far we've got these places to pre-order from;

Here's a more complete pre-order list (from Gearbox DNF Forums). Can anyone add payment options to the list + any more stores?

- Amazon.com (US): Xbox, PS3, PC
- Gamestop.com (US): Xbox, PS3, PC
- Gameware.at (EU): Xbox, PS3, PC
- Shopto.net (UK): Xbox, PS3, PC
- Bol.com (NL): Xbox, PS3, PC
- GameGears.co.uk (UK): Xbox, PS3, (No PC Version)
- eBay (UK): All Versions (Check seller reliability before ordering!)
- eBay (US): All Versions (Check seller reliability before ordering!)

User is offline   Jeff 

Checked and I guess Amazon.ca doesn't have it, so I guess I might have to order it from the American site.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Just preordered it from GameStop.

Guess May 3rd will be like this for me:

-Wake up
-Shit
-Read Jalopnik while taking a shit
-HOOOOT POOOCKETS in my Hyundai
-20 Minutes round trip to GameStop and back
-Installed and ready to go by 10:30AM

Have fun with UPS guys! I've had them come as late as 8PM at my house.

User is offline   Iggy 

Australian gamers can pre-order the Balls of Steel edition here;
http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?title=Duk...f+Steel+Edition

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Finally up on Amazon.ca! Go Canada!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i...;qid=1297718364

View PostTedades, on Feb 11 2011, 05:28 PM, said:

Unknown really. Depends if the game is region locked or not. Most of the time the game is not region locked if the game is made in America and you want to play it on a European xbox.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Ofcourse it will cause a problem if your Xbox is bought in Europe. You're gonna have to import an Xbox from the U.S too if your ambition is to actually play the game too.

I can only think of one game for the 360 that wasn't region coded and that was Gun.

View PostSebastian, on Feb 14 2011, 03:32 PM, said:

Ofcourse it will cause a problem if your Xbox is bought in Europe. You're gonna have to import an Xbox from the U.S too if your ambition is to actually play the game too.

I can only think of one game for the 360 that wasn't region coded and that was Gun.

and Ghostbusters and a few others I know of. I think also Left 4 Dead 2 was also as well. I am not 100% certain, but I remember one of my friends bought a copy and it wasn't region locked.

This post has been edited by JamesCassidy: 14 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Deal... pre-ordered without hesitation. I don't even have a PS3 yet... but I will by the time I get this. ;)

I am happy with this for sure...

http://www.amazon.co...ref=oss_product

A year ago I never thought I would be placing this order...

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 14 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

View PostJamesCassidy, on Feb 14 2011, 04:48 PM, said:

and Ghostbusters and a few others I know of. I think also Left 4 Dead 2 was also as well. I am not 100% certain, but I remember one of my friends bought a copy and it wasn't region locked.

True, but even then the chance of being able to play an NTSC copy of DNF is extremely thin. Unfortunately, I should say.

DuvalMagic (Randy Pitchford)
"The Balls of Steel Edition of Duke Nukem Forever (Limited Edition) has already sold out on amazon.com. Check gamestop."

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMrBlackCat, on Feb 14 2011, 06:00 PM, said:

Deal... pre-ordered without hesitation. I don't even have a PS3 yet... but I will by the time I get this. ;)

I am happy with this for sure...

http://www.amazon.co...ref=oss_product

A year ago I never thought I would be placing this order...

I hear you man :P

The collector's edition seems to be available outside of North America and Canada too. I just went to the official DNF website and clicked on the UK where they redirect you to either Zavvi.com (recommended) or ShopTo.com for the collector's edition pre-order.

http://www.dukenukem...om/preorder/uk/

Unless I'm totally missing something, I'm getting Balls of Steel edition for £64.85. :P
edit: Actually I'll order the PC version since I'll get the regular 360 copy from work for a better price. £50 for the collector's edtion (no idea on how much shipping is yet) for PC is pretty damn sweet.
edit2: Check the description on Zavvi.

The game is HUGE. With hours and hours of over-the-top single player action, and a range of bodacious multiplayer modes like Duke Match, Capture the Babe and Hail to the king, players can rest assured knowing that the fun will last.

;)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Zavvi's shipping is £1, so you don't have to worry ;)

= Fuck yeah!

User is offline   Raziel 

You know, I just had a funny thought, maybe the American cover art for DNF (the one that has Duke with an even stupider look on his face) is intended as a means to discourage people from importing the title.

Okay so GameStop is officially importing it in Scandinavia. Actually.. It's not official, this just in from the offices a few hours back.
It's extremely limited so better put that pre-order in ASAP if you want it.

This thing seems to be selling out too quickly... that would be wrong in my opinion. Still no word on how many are to be made as far as I know.

Some mod collector over at 2K was saying how he hoped there would be no more available so it would retain its value... I gave him hell. I'll probably get an infraction, but I don't care about that site really anyway. Here. If any collectors here have an opinion on this matter, I am interested.

Seems like it was way under-estimated.

With this game being so "old" or having such a "rich history" maybe... I would expect a disproportionate number of sales of a special edition. Looks like they missed though.

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 17 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

It's a collector's edition, not a limited edition. Significant difference, if you ask me.

View PostSebastian, on Feb 17 2011, 02:35 PM, said:

It's a collector's edition, not a limited edition. Significant difference, if you ask me.

Good point... is that distinction adhered to in the industry generally speaking? Honestly I have used Collectors Edition, Limited Edition, Special Edition etc all interchangeably without really thinking about it.

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 17 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options