Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gearbox Multiplayer Survey  "(most likely related to multiplayer in DNF)"

User is offline   Honza 

It's right here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HPKFNWJ

Received link via RSS/Twitter:

Gearbox needs your opinions! Help us out with this survey. 10 winners who provide an email will be chosen next week! http://bit.ly/9zmPDJ

source: http://twitter.com/G...ses/27061910211

Guys stand up and say "we want dedicated servers" not some p2p multiplayer crap like CoD MW2 has.

This post has been edited by Honza: 11 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

cool I filled it out. no email though. ;)

Voted dedicated servers.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Thanks for posting.

User is offline   Stabs 

they are actually contemplating p2p faggotry ;)

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Went with dedicated servers too.

View PostDanM, on Oct 11 2010, 01:17 PM, said:

Yeah, I know...
Fucked up, right?
Everything is corporatism, I think they are turning the entire work made by 3drealms towards pc into consolized shit.

User is offline   Kathy 

Do you even know how the game was under 3dr? The only valid complain about DNF in terms of consoles is 2 weapon system. And that decision was made by 3dr, not gbx. Stop making unfounded assumptions.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I'm not even going to create another wall of text for that one...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I put in my two cents; dedicated servers and such. Said my favourite things were the attitude and jetpack, while putting in great level design and fun, unique weapons in another box. You know, all that jazz.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostDanM, on Oct 11 2010, 06:17 PM, said:

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 12 2010, 12:42 AM, said:

Yeah, I know...
Fucked up, right?
Everything is corporatism, I think they are turning the entire work made by 3drealms towards pc into consolized shit.

At least they're giving people the fucking option, thus the whole goddamn point of the survey. Most companies (like Activision) don't do this.
You don't like P2P, just don't vote for it. They're actually asking for people's opinions, which IMHO is the great fucking thing in the world right now.
If more people prefer one way or the other, they'll go for it. That's why they are asking YOU, the players.

I prefer server browsers + dedicated servers, so I chose it, easiest decision in the world to make. No sense in complaining. Simple as, *check* done.

Sometimes I think people bitch for the sake of bitching, even if there's nothing truly negative about it whatsoever. Trying to dig a turd to fling out of a diamond pile, it seems.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 12 October 2010 - 05:10 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Definately dedicated servers. No question, hands down.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostMicky C, on Oct 12 2010, 07:56 AM, said:

I put in my two cents; dedicated servers and such. Said my favourite things were the attitude and jetpack, while putting in great level design and fun, unique weapons in another box. You know, all that jazz.

You do know the survey is not about DNF right? It's for any game.

User is offline   Stewox 

Million dollar question:

Guess what i choosed ;)

<----- hmm my avatar looks nice

This post has been edited by Stewox: 12 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

Dedicated Servers all the way

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Just because the P2P system is listed in the survey doesn't mean that it's something they're considering. That's not how surveys work most of the time. They could be just trying to make a point.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 11 2010, 11:42 PM, said:

Hey dumb ass. You do know things like 2 weapon limit and regen health were done at 3DR right?

View PostZor, on Oct 12 2010, 09:01 PM, said:

Hey dumb ass. You do know things like 2 weapon limit and regen health were done at 3DR right?

You are a dumb ass that can't read, obviously...
Where the fuck did I ever write anything about the 2 weapon limit and regen not being done by 3DR?
Go call your dad a dumb ass, because he's the one that made you blind, not me.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 12 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostZor, on Oct 12 2010, 09:01 PM, said:

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 12 2010, 09:42 PM, said:

Where the fuck did I ever write anything about the 2 weapon limit and regen not being done by 3DR?

You kids shouldn't play so rough, someone's gonna start cryin'
Posted Image

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

I ;) dedi's!

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 13 2010, 01:42 AM, said:

Yeah?

Well... your face is consolized!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

So why is having DNF consolized a bad thing anyway? Don't you all want Duke to be popular again?

Also it was made for PC first so i think the PC version will be fine.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 13 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

• Judge Mental

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 13 2010, 07:37 PM, said:

So why is having DNF consolized a bad thing anyway? Don't you all want Duke to be popular again?

Also it was made for PC first so i think the PC version will be fine.

Would you prefer your sister to be a cheap whore or someone with some self respect?

No brainer, right? Same logic applies to DNF. If it has to "be cool" to earn credit, its failing to be itself. Duke Nukem Forever should be a PC game first and foremost, it is after all trying to be a sequel to one of the greatest PC FPS games ever created.

I most certainly do not want to see a PC game consolized to please new folks. New folks should be pleased based on legit merit and the uniqueness and rarity of games like DNF. The character, the interactivity, the fun, the charm, the sex, the violence... All that, making things shoddy and specific for the consoles, thusly watering down the PC experience, is not the way to go at all imho.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 13 2010, 11:48 PM, said:

Same logic applies to DNF.

Hardly, Thats like comparing jumping off a building to eating ice cream, they have nothing in common. Besides the ability to only carrying two weapons isn't a console only thing, its a modern game mechanic; same as health regen.

• Judge Mental

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 13 2010, 08:08 PM, said:

Hardly, Thats like comparing jumping off a building to eating ice cream, they have nothing in common. Besides the ability to only carrying two weapons isn't a console only thing, its a modern game mechanic; same as health regen.

Modern has nothing to do with it. Health regen has been around since the health bar was invented, and ever since inventory there have been games with limits to the items you can carry. IN some games this is a shitty thing to do, in First Person Shooters, its a shitty thing to do, particularly in a Duke Nukem game.

Oh but they have everything in common when we're discussing what is preferable. Eating ice cream is infinitly preferrable to jumping to your doom, isnt it?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I agree with Reaper. It's not a fair comparison. And I'd rather see Duke popular so we can have more games. It doesn't look like Duke's going to sacrifice any of the core gaming values that makes a Duke game a Duke game. So I think we're good. Time will tell, anyway.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options