Duke4.net Forums: Has anyone EVER or will anyone ever make pc versions of the total meltdown maps? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has anyone EVER or will anyone ever make pc versions of the total meltdown maps?

User is offline   DerickVonD 

I really enjoyed those maps on the PlayStation, especially the second map in the total meltdown episode, where you were in this place that looked like a subway station and the shining level. I would love to play these maps multiplayer. Later on I learned that you can not even play those maps multiplayer on the PlayStation and on the PlayStation you need two PS1s, a link cable and two tvs. opps, Sorry I ment to put this in the eDuke32 subform.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 19 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Im sure someone is working on them, but it takes ages to do so. I have Quirk Of Fate somewhere.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Quirk.zip (17.01K)
    Number of downloads: 307

This post has been edited by Lunick: 19 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I recall that someone did a map that was similar and had spots from Duke Royale in it. I can't remember it's name or the author, though.

User is offline   Lunick 

Im sure someone also tried to do Gate's Motel. Ill look for that.

Yep, I've got Gates Motel - can't for the life of me remember where I downloaded it from though, but if I do, I will post a link. I agree with the OP's thoughts though, I absolutely loved the Plug N Pray Episode from the PS1 game. Way better than Atomic Edition's offering, IMO. I would love to see Trackside Tragedy, Nightmare, and the last level (ministry of death, or something?) ported over, if not the whole lot.

Lunick: Would you mind enlightening me what Quirk of Fate is? I have never heard of that level.

User is offline   Lunick 

View Posttrencheel303, on Sep 23 2010, 04:22 AM, said:

Yep, I've got Gates Motel - can't for the life of me remember where I downloaded it from though, but if I do, I will post a link. I agree with the OP's thoughts though, I absolutely loved the Plug N Pray Episode from the PS1 game. Way better than Atomic Edition's offering, IMO. I would love to see Trackside Tragedy, Nightmare, and the last level (ministry of death, or something?) ported over, if not the whole lot.

Lunick: Would you mind enlightening me what Quirk of Fate is? I have never heard of that level.

It was one of the multiplayer levels in the game

User is offline   NNC 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 20 2010, 10:52 PM, said:

I recall that someone did a map that was similar and had spots from Duke Royale in it. I can't remember it's name or the author, though.

Slums of LA by Olivier Boucher. Decent map, but Duke Royale is better.

Also, the Gates Motel version for the PC is terrible. It's horribly oversized, and filled with empty rooms.

User is offline   NNC 

Actually, I asked Ian "Fuseball" Boffin a couple of years ago about this, and he confirmed that the levels were originally designed for the PC, later they were decoded to the PSX. He said if he can find them, he can send the files me via email, but unfortunately he hasn't found the CD yet. :)

User is offline   Nacho 

View PostNancsi, on Sep 29 2010, 03:17 AM, said:

Actually, I asked Ian "Fuseball" Boffin a couple of years ago about this, and he confirmed that the levels were originally designed for the PC, later they were decoded to the PSX. He said if he can find them, he can send the files me via email, but unfortunately he hasn't found the CD yet. :)

Want to PM me his e-mail with some info about what you went over with him? I can give it a go.

User is offline   RazorZ 

Hey, why couldn´t we create these levels as community build project? That way one guy doesn´t have to do everything alone and results may get very interesting.

Check my attachment - that´s some of my work, none of them ready, but I hope some of us continue doing them and hopefully releases some of them as update here with credit of mine. :)

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  DNTM.zip (225.79K)
    Number of downloads: 298

This post has been edited by RazorZ: 29 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

User is offline   HellFire 

i'm working on trackside tragedy at the moment, but i'm pissed with it because its a lot of work to replicate everything, like shade values, textures alignment and position of things, but the thing that really pisses me off is the fact that the psx emulator have bugs, sloped textures arent rendered properly and then there no way to replicate these...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostRazorZ, on Sep 29 2010, 11:49 AM, said:

Hey, why couldn´t we create these levels as community build project?

Enthusiasm is good, but only informed enthusiasm. You must not have read the two posts above you--as long as there is a chance of the actual original maps being released, we shouldn't waste our time.

For example, I have enthusiasm that the lost expansion for Shadow Warrior, Deadly Kiss, will eventually be released.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 29 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

User is offline   HellFire 

i used to think the same way, but i lost my hopes into that... can someone contact fuseball again?

View PostNancsi, on Sep 29 2010, 04:13 AM, said:

Also, the Gates Motel version for the PC is terrible. It's horribly oversized, and filled with empty rooms.

I actually thought it was quite good. And besides, it's something, which is better than nothing, right? Honestly, I'd be glad with a completely half baked effort so long as it resembled *something* from the PSX version. The Last episode of Duke Atomic Edition is just so crap imo that I simply don't play it. If Analogue sticks didn't make me want to punch babies, I'd just play Total Meltdown more.

View PostRazorZ, on Sep 29 2010, 09:49 AM, said:

Check my attachment - that´s some of my work

In my best Mr Burns voice: "Exccsssssselent". That's made me smile, and given me something to do this evening :)

This post has been edited by trencheel303: 29 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostRazorZ, on Sep 30 2010, 02:49 AM, said:

Hey, why couldn´t we create these levels as community build project? That way one guy doesn´t have to do everything alone and results may get very interesting.

Check my attachment - that´s some of my work, none of them ready, but I hope some of us continue doing them and hopefully releases some of them as update here with credit of mine. :)

Nice work there, the Pigcops are just for show right?

This post has been edited by Lunick: 29 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

View PostDerickVonD, on Sep 19 2010, 09:04 PM, said:

I really enjoyed those maps on the PlayStation, especially the second map in the total meltdown episode, where you were in this place that looked like a subway station and the shining level. I would love to play these maps multiplayer. Later on I learned that you can not even play those maps multiplayer on the PlayStation and on the PlayStation you need two PS1s, a link cable and two tvs. opps, Sorry I ment to put this in the eDuke32 subform.

I'm working on the ART for total meltdown, and as far as I know Hellfire is making some maps.
Heres a big pack of stuff I ripped from TM, progress is slow due to lack of motivation :)
http://download803.mediafire.com/uehwub37v...aprj84/DNTM.rar

View PostHellFire, on Sep 29 2010, 01:31 PM, said:

can someone contact fuseball again?

I could, just give me his email :)

User is offline   The Duke2 

A nfelli64 less talk more working then

User is offline   NNC 

View PostNacho, on Sep 29 2010, 04:45 PM, said:

Want to PM me his e-mail with some info about what you went over with him? I can give it a go.

Actually, you can find him pretty easily with Google, just search for Ian Boffin Fuseball... we also had a little discussion earlier in this forum since he has registered here: http://forums.duke4.....php/t1271.html

User is offline   Nacho 

View PostNancsi, on Sep 30 2010, 05:09 AM, said:

Actually, you can find him pretty easily with Google, just search for Ian Boffin Fuseball... we also had a little discussion earlier in this forum since he has registered here: http://forums.duke4.....php/t1271.html

Thanks. I'll contact him then. If anyone else wants to have a go send me a message first, no need to bombard the guy with e-mails.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options