Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever will be playable at First Look - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever will be playable at First Look

User is offline   Honza 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Oct 4 2010, 11:30 AM, said:

was there no chance to capture the trailer?!

You should have asked Steve or Randy when the internet gets their treat too!

that's what I meant on page 2 of this thread:

"Be careful - don't blow your cover early"

FP is gone so I can say it as it was mentioned without jeopardizing the operation. This should have been quite straightforward operation with clear objectives:
primary objectives:
1/ capture as much gameplay as you can in better quality than we had before (thanks god others finished this objective)
2/ capture the trailer with hidden cam (failed like at PAX)

secondary objectives:
1/ interview Randy P. (just in case he would let the cat out of the bag, however not likely)
2/ get harddrive from one of those computers, whole computer at best (in case it would needed better analysis) ;)

Randy is not going to say much more - he repeats his enthusiasm (or fake it over and over - if so award him for it :-/), so I thought that interview is clear secondary objective and so at first he will go around silently with hidden cam and capture the trailer if there was like 50+ people standing there was no chance that you'd get caught.

I know that there was lot of stress and you didn't want to get caught however IMHO it was risk worth 25EUR.
The problem was that I was ill at the time of FL and that I got no lift there so if I had to get one it'd be like +200EUR for transport for me.

You know it's lovely that Randy liked to have ppl over there from Duke4.net but it didn't really helped us at all it helped only him to gain more publicity...
I think this picture describes it best (taken from GBX forums):
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Honza: 04 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostHonza, on Oct 4 2010, 10:27 AM, said:

primary objectives:
1/ capture as much gameplay as you can in better quality than we had before (thanks god others finished this objective)

secondary objectives:
1/ interview Randy P. (just in case he would let the cat out of the bag, however not likely)
2/ get harddrive from one of those computers, whole computer at best (in case it would needed better analysis) ;)

A little birdie tipped them off to this. :3 It wasn't a complete victory (footage and shots were still leaked despite the best efforts of the GBX Integrity Defense Force) but when it comes to victory, you take what you can get. OH MAH GOD IT'S A MIRAGE, I'M TELLIN' Y'ALL IT'S SABOTAAAAAGE! (weer-err-eeer-eer-EEER EEER-eeer-eeererreeer...)

This post has been edited by Pikachu: 04 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

User is offline   Gurty 

View PostHonza, on Oct 4 2010, 10:27 AM, said:

that's what I meant on page 2 of this thread:

FP is gone so I can say it as it was mentioned without jeopardizing the operation. This should have been quite straightforward operation with clear objectives:
primary objectives:

secondary objectives:

Randy is not going to say much more - he repeats his enthusiasm (or fake it over and over - if so award him for it :-/), so I thought that interview is clear secondary objective and so at first he will go around silently with hidden cam and capture the trailer if there was like 50+ people standing there was no chance that you'd get caught.

I know that there was lot of stress and you didn't want to get caught however IMHO it was risk worth 25EUR.
The problem was that I was ill at the time of FL and that I got no lift there so if I had to get one it'd be like +200EUR for transport for me.

You know it's lovely that Randy liked to have ppl over there from Duke4.net but it didn't really helped us at all it helped only him to gain more publicity...
I think this picture describes it best (taken from GBX forums):
Posted Image

Well i shall describe it for you, why it didn't happen.

Primary Objective1: At First Look there were standing guards to make sure you only make pictures and not film every thing, i had a Nikon Mirror Reflex camera with me and that baby can make pictures with 10 frames per second. So yes i could make a video with it (in choppy ways) but then the guards would jump at me. Also do know that when the press conference started, there was clearly asked that you didn't film the trailer or any gameplay. That it eventually got leaked during the Visitors Presentation, hell i wasn't even there anymore because i saw more then only that is shown on youtube.

Primary Objective2: Well buying a "camera pen" in good quality is a bit expensive, i already managed a Sony 3CCD camera that costs right now still around € 2500,- do you then think i would risk everything just for a trailer?

Secondary Objective1: Well clearly you don't understand why he didn't talk to us that day. Appointments with Pitchford are taken care by 2K, i already tried to manage a interview with him but his agenda was full. When i got the change to tell him that i was from Duke4.net he was very enthusiastic about us. He tried to get a appointment with me but he was already full. So i got a small interview with Steve Gibson instead, and thats fine by me. Look i know Pitchford his job to inspire people etc, but he really did it and is a very nice guy in person.

Secondary Objective2: Well you know with all the security guards around it, you know that you wont make it ;)

It's sounding more like a kick in the face than a thank you.

This post has been edited by Gurty: 04 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Like i said before, you did fine, you got an interview and talked about the things people at Duke4.net were interested in. ;)

Guess we are going to have to send in another spy if we want some low quality bootleg DNF trailer footage. ;)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

There's no need to defend yourself Gurty.

Bedankt voor de foto's en het interview, echt te gek dat je dat voor "ons" hebt gedaan. ;)

Guest_Pikachu_*

Splat seems to be on the rag and won't let my vitriol flow like the Nile, so lemme summarize here.

Gurty you are in no position to be chastising Honza because you EPIC FAILED. Taking a camera designed for independent filmmakers is good for video quality, BAD for covertness. If we really wanted HD we would have waited for the trailer. On the other hand you bought a cheap microphone designed for music performance, not for location recording. Had things gone your way we would have had a middle-of-the-road quality video visual-wise but with terrible sound.

Just because you had more money and lived closer than Honza doesn't make you a better fan, it just means you had a better opportunity.

Also completely unrelated to Gurty, but this talk about stealing computers and hard drives needs to stop immediately, speaking as a fan of Duke. Not only is the theft of a computer significantly more illegal than snatching a video, if it ends up on the net Gearbox might pull the plug on the whole shebang and never do anything good with the Duke IP ever again. Even talking about such a thing is considered "conspiracy to commit crime" so be really careful, and don't fuck Duke up for the rest of us, k?

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Covert operations, stealing of hardware. All just silly talk.

"Chastising" "EPIC FAIL"..?? Please... that's even sillier.

User is offline   Alexx 

View PostGurty, on Oct 4 2010, 12:23 PM, said:

Well i shall describe it for you, why it didn't happen.

Primary Objective1: At First Look there were standing guards to make sure you only make pictures and not film every thing, i had a Nikon Mirror Reflex camera with me and that baby can make pictures with 10 frames per second. So yes i could make a video with it (in choppy ways) but then the guards would jump at me. Also do know that when the press conference started, there was clearly asked that you didn't film the trailer or any gameplay. That it eventually got leaked during the Visitors Presentation, hell i wasn't even there anymore because i saw more then only that is shown on youtube.

Primary Objective2: Well buying a "camera pen" in good quality is a bit expensive, i already managed a Sony 3CCD camera that costs right now still around € 2500,- do you then think i would risk everything just for a trailer?

Secondary Objective1: Well clearly you don't understand why he didn't talk to us that day. Appointments with Pitchford are taken care by 2K, i already tried to manage a interview with him but his agenda was full. When i got the change to tell him that i was from Duke4.net he was very enthusiastic about us. He tried to get a appointment with me but he was already full. So i got a small interview with Steve Gibson instead, and thats fine by me. Look i know Pitchford his job to inspire people etc, but he really did it and is a very nice guy in person.

Secondary Objective2: Well you know with all the security guards around it, you know that you wont make it ;)

It's sounding more like a kick in the face than a thank you.

Theres no need to explain yourself.From what i can gather you did a great job.Especially under the circumstances.

Guest_Pikachu_*

Ok fine then back to topic.

What's the next event after First Look for DNF?

This post has been edited by Pikachu: 04 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

View PostPikachu, on Oct 4 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

Ok fine then back to topic.

What's the next event after First Look for DNF?

Good man...

Well i think that its Mana Bar (Brisbane, Oct 16th) and then another one is at Munich, Germany but i don't know when that ones going to be.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 04 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   Celeste 

I also have been to FirstLook. I was happy when I could play DNF. When the tune started, I began to smile. Finally I could play it! Of cource you expect more of the game because we waited a long time, but I always say to myself that it looks bad, well, that I can't expect much. It's kind of a tactic, but it works for me. ;) I'm not going to say that it's the best game ever, but I loved the things that makes it Duke Nukem (so far). That's something no other games have.

User is offline   Gurty 

In the presentation Randy talked about Munich, Paris, Australia and off course Mana Bar. I think that will be all over in the end of October/starting November.

View PostCeleste, on Oct 4 2010, 05:54 PM, said:

I also have been to FirstLook.

Please tell me you took some pictures and video. ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

I don't get it. Why are they touring with DNF? It's like a reunion tour...

Well, the stand of DNF was so crowdy that if I more pictures, you only saw people xD And because I didn't had much time to play the game, I didn't make any pictures ;)

But, I have pictures of the event itself, other stands ect. If you want to see them, I could post some ;)

This post has been edited by Celeste: 05 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

User is offline   Gurty 

View PostLotan, on Oct 4 2010, 12:58 PM, said:

I don't get it. Why are they touring with DNF? It's like a reunion tour...

To show people its real and not a joke, just to remind everyone The Duke is still Alive! People can finally play the game and in full uncut, unedited by the PEGI/ESRB.

Guest_Pikachu_*

Without intending to sound racist (I ABHOR racism), why is DNF being shown everywhere else but America? Was the PAX showing not good enough to offset foreign interest? Again, not trying to sound racist or bitter or anything, it's just I find it curious that an American-developed game has only been previewed in America once, and they're not even giving us a trailer.

View PostPikachu, on Oct 4 2010, 05:17 PM, said:

Without intending to sound racist (I ABHOR racism), why is DNF being shown everywhere else but America?

I don't think there is any gaming expos being held in the states right now.

User is offline   Gurty 

View PostPikachu, on Oct 4 2010, 02:17 PM, said:

Without intending to sound racist (I ABHOR racism), why is DNF being shown everywhere else but America? Was the PAX showing not good enough to offset foreign interest? Again, not trying to sound racist or bitter or anything, it's just I find it curious that an American-developed game has only been previewed in America once, and they're not even giving us a trailer.

Well thats a good point, but are there any Gaming Conventions in the USA besides E3, PAX, Screw attack? But thats also asking why didn't they show it at GamesCom instead of First Look?
The idea is I think just to shake everyone awake, just to show "look DNF! You see its not a joke!" so everyone is getting a piece. (i think)

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 4 2010, 01:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

You are completely right. I am so retarded. >_<

User is offline   Honza 

Guty if I offended you I'm sorry for that. Stealing hardware was obvious joke - there was (: lol ;) at the end the line - see for your self and I'm sorry that you guys didn't get it.

Honestly if you feel like you achieved at first look what you wanted I'm ok with it you brought us a new interview which nobody has, but me personally I expected something a bit different, honestly I thought that you wouldn't take even something big as this is:
Posted Image
I thought we're clear on that thing that they won't let you take pictures or film anything.

View PostPikachu, on Oct 4 2010, 01:27 PM, said:

Posted Image
I am so retarded. >_<

QFT!

Sometimes I don't understand this disorganized and immature attitude of game publishers...
First they show the DNF demo on a large screen to shitloads of people that hold cameras in their hands and film the screen, then videos get uploaded on youtube in all kinds of video qualities, 720p being among them.
Then news sites start to link the highest quality video on their sites and they start spreading the news.
The video stays up on youtube for 1 or 2 days(enough for most people to see it) and then suddenly the publisher reports it and gets it down, after everybody saw it...
The closeup 720p video has been put down but the lower quality ones are left online. It's like they fear the public's reaction to the game.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5uX5VDjjT0I

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 04 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Perhaps it was reported earlier but Youtube have lots of requests and can't ban everything within a minute.

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 4 2010, 01:21 PM, said:

Any in Europe?

First Look Duke Nukem Forever Gameplay

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Take 2 Games.

WTF ?????

View PostWilliam Gee, on Oct 5 2010, 12:32 AM, said:

First Look Duke Nukem Forever Gameplay

WTF ?????

I know I saw that. I watched it just in time.

User is offline   Gurty 

Thanks Splat and Reaperman, I'd really liked doing the interview for Duke4.net ;)
Thats a bummer that the footage is being taken down, luckily internet explorer caches well. ;)

This post has been edited by Gurty: 05 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

The strange thing about this is that the people were allowed to film it and everybody knows that almost everybody is going to share it on youtube for example. I don't understand why it was allowed when it may not be published ;)

saved the 720p youtube version via jdownloader! ;)

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Oct 5 2010, 11:36 PM, said:

saved the 720p youtube version via jdownloader! ;)

Hey Jobi, just out of curiosity what is the file size of the clip?

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options