Duke4.net Forums: Media Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media Thread

View Postrandir14, on 09 June 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

What's sad is if those screens are photoshopped, they knew the game could've been improved visually yet spent that time making fake pictures.

Well, I am pretty sure it took them just a few minutes - hours to fake those pics if they did that. Improving the game to match those screens for real would have probably taken days or weeks.
Though, it's still very possible that those screens weren't shopped and that's how the final game looks like.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Promotional images of any game are always better than the actual game

User is offline   palan 

http://tbreak.com/me...forever-review/

This is the most favorable review so far.

User is offline   Klapher 

View Postpalan, on 10 June 2011 - 07:39 AM, said:

http://tbreak.com/me...forever-review/

This is the most favorable review so far.

Review are horrible I did not expect this bad!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

This is my favorite piece of DNF media so far:

Posted Image
:dukecry:

User is offline   Stabs 

Saw that last nite when i finished it

was thinking about saying something, but i thought i'd leave that little surprise for you :dukecry:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTX, on 11 June 2011 - 12:47 AM, said:

Obviously no offense intended, but out of curiosity what did you do to get your name into the credits? Was it because you were a community leader and moderator at the 3D Realms forums, maybe your work on eduke32, or some combination of those?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 11 June 2011 - 02:48 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Just saw the screenshots on the previous page. That's pretty cheap, considering how the actual game doesn't look like that at all.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 11 June 2011 - 06:59 AM, said:

Just saw the screenshots on the previous page. That's pretty cheap, considering how the actual game doesn't look like that at all.

I dunno, they seem like genuine renders to me, but without post-processing effects, which apparently include a (IMO totally redundant) desaturation filter, and with some kind of anti-aliasing.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

If they were genuine, the game that they just shipped would actually look like that. It doesn't. It looks low res, even at high resolutions.

Edit: Here's an example of how the actual game looks, both with and without effects, at max settings.

Edit 2: Since there's a bit of intentional haze in those shots (the map in question being set in a desert), these might give you a better idea. With effects, without effects.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 11 June 2011 - 08:10 AM

User is offline   Sebastian 

Which reminds me, the texture for that gray pistol is just hilarious. :dukecry:

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTX, on 11 June 2011 - 12:47 AM, said:

congrats Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

User is offline   randir14 

Yep those screens are bullshit, and the thing is they have higher resolution textures than what we got. Also the improved-looking minecart sequence we saw in the launch trailer isn't in the final version. Makes me wonder if some higher quality PC build exists, but they didn't want the PC release looking *too* much better than the consoles so they gimped it on purpose.

This post has been edited by randir14: 11 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

View Postrandir14, on 11 June 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

Yep those screens are bullshit, and the thing is they have higher resolution textures than what we got. Also the improved-looking minecart sequence we saw in the launch trailer isn't in the final version. Makes me wonder if some higher quality PC build exists, but they didn't want the PC release looking *too* much better than the consoles so they gimped it on purpose.

It would be too weird... only a bunch of morons would do that, the sales would be the same for consoles and PC users would like it a lot better.

Jon St. John interview from a couple days ago
http://clutch.mtv.co...ke-nukem-actor/

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 11 June 2011 - 08:04 AM, said:

If they were genuine, the game that they just shipped would actually look like that. It doesn't. It looks low res, even at high resolutions.

Edit: Here's an example of how the actual game looks, both with and without effects, at max settings.

Edit 2: Since there's a bit of intentional haze in those shots (the map in question being set in a desert), these might give you a better idea. With effects, without effects.

Yeah, I agree that the textures are higher-res in the demonstration shots. What I was referring to is the overall color of the scene that is responsible for much of the atmosphere -- compared with an in-game shot it seems identical or close to it. Not sure whether it would stand a more rigorous test, but I'm not too keen on finding out either. So, I still think that the demo shot can in principle be produced by the renderer, but for weird reasons either the actual assets are really downsampled from the originals (unlikely?), or there were higher-res ones made only for those pics.

User is offline   Engel220 

Get your stripper-oogling gear around this link and its latest post, lots and lots of 2003/2004 DNF concept art.

http://fengzhudesign.blogspot.com/

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostEngel220, on 12 June 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

Get your stripper-oogling gear around this link and its latest post, lots and lots of 2003/2004 DNF concept art.

http://fengzhudesign.blogspot.com/

Wow, nice concepts :D
Is this woman Bombshell or just a regular EDF female soldier? Well, I guess we'll never know.
Also, some Battlelord pics looks like an Ogre or Orc. lol

They certainly went...in detail with how the pregnator would work. Didn't, they?

Posted Image

WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE GAME?! oOo I would have liked it! :dukecry:

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on 12 June 2011 - 12:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE GAME?! oOo I would have liked it! :D

You would, ya horny Kraut bastard! Heh. :dukecry:

Cos it was probably too graphic. I think they should have went all out with the gore and sexual content and got an AO or even just an AO rated add on/DLC.

View PostLkMax, on 12 June 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

Wow, nice concepts :dukecry:
Is this woman Bombshell or just a regular EDF female soldier? Well, I guess we'll never know.
Also, some Battlelord pics looks like an Ogre or Orc. lol

It's Bombshell, it's more clear in the Balls of Steel artbook (since it's higher res) but you can spot "Bombshell" in the text if you squint.

Excellent concept arts. Shame that some ideas don't appear in the release.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

I would have loved to play as Bombshell. Also, the game would haved lasted 2 or 3 hours more with her storyline.

I feel as we have been left with an incomplete game.

That's actually not a bad idea at all. Would've loved to do this as well.
Didn't they say at one point they were actually planning on making a seperate Bombshell game?

View PostPsyrgery, on 12 June 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

I feel as we have been left with an incomplete game.

Amen, bro.

Some of the Bombshell concepts remind me of Trishka from Bulletstorm.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

Hell, even her model is done. It's in the artbook, looks badass in a Gears of war style.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostBraveTriforcer, on 12 June 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

They certainly went...in detail with how the pregnator would work. Didn't, they?

Everything in... in the name of science. hehehe
I bet they worked very hard thinking in a logical explanation about how the aliens reproduce themselves.

View PostSebastian, on 12 June 2011 - 12:49 PM, said:

It's Bombshell, it's more clear in the Balls of Steel artbook (since it's higher res) but you can spot "Bombshell" in the text if you squint.

uh... yeah, I saw something written after taking a close look, it's hard to say but looks like "bombshell" is writen indeed.

View PostPsyrgery, on 12 June 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

I would have loved to play as Bombshell. Also, the game would haved lasted 2 or 3 hours more with her storyline. I feel as we have been left with an incomplete game.

I don't have doubts about that.

User is offline   Malgon 

I commented about this concept art over at Gearbox, and I have to say it again that it is amazing! :dukecry:

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options