Duke4.net Forums: Media Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media Thread

User is offline   Kathy 

At first ESRB and PEGI should be enough. I doubt they would postpone release just to please certification down under.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 18 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I guess it's more about "Games for Windows" certification what makes the "crap" statement more understandable.

User is offline   McMaster 

Steve Gibson:

You cannot imagine a Duke game without naked women and you can probably imagine where those people would be…(grins) and who knows how Duke will interact with these people!
Times have changed, who knows! Actually you probably got a little example with the game’s opening today!

What? Is it just me or is he implying some Hot Coffee?
With all the talk about pushing boundaries ratings-wise...
Now that would be... unexpected.

Or am I seeing things? Help me.

User is offline   Kathy 

I imagine it could involve interacting with stripper's boobs etc. That is not an AO material.

View PostLotan, on Oct 18 2010, 03:21 PM, said:

I imagine it could involve interacting with stripper's boobs etc. That is not an AO material.

Imagine if you could use interact at the stiripper boob and squirt milk on your glasses to boast your ego.
Or, drink milk from their boobs to fix your health similar to the way you could drink water from the broken toilets in Duke3D and gain one extra HP lol...

...I think that this game may have issues getting itsef out in Australia.

User is offline   DerickVonD 

View PostBraveTriforcer, on Oct 21 2010, 10:07 AM, said:

...I think that this game may have issues getting itsef out in Australia.

FUCK Australia's Government. I hope they all burn just like the Chinese government.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 21 October 2010 - 11:22 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I think there might be a slight difference between the Australian and Chinese governments thank you very much

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMicky C, on Oct 22 2010, 04:32 AM, said:

I think there might be a slight difference between the Australian and Chinese governments thank you very much

Thats right if you disobey the government in china you get ran over by tanks. Also Australia dosen't keep printing money every time they run out of it, so Australia dosen't have super high inflation like China.

User is offline   Stewox 

Randy Pitchford ANTI Games for 1. amendment protection interview

http://www.computera...e.php?id=271303

I should agree with him , because that's good for publishers they can pass controversial and offensive stuff and call it art , like racism and more.

But it's really surprising he says " i have no problems with ratings"

Also , not a lot of people know how ID software rules the industry , it's pretty much 60% their technology out there , so what media doesn't report is that ID software is a major petitor for 1.st amendment protection for games , they got the court filling up on their site , pretty much nobody noticed.

And specifically for Doom 4 too , mind you what that game will be like , it has to have a protection , omg.

EDIT: there was a misunderstanding , the article is badly written and I have no idea on which side pitchford was , reading through it all I think pichford is on the game developer side afaik ?

This post has been edited by Stewox: 22 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

User is offline   DerickVonD 

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 22 2010, 10:39 AM, said:

Thats right if you disobey the government in china you get ran over by tanks. Also Australia dosen't keep printing money every time they run out of it, so Australia dosen't have super high inflation like China.

I know China is worse, but that doesn't mean I don't hate both governments. I know they are very different but both countries still have a high level of censorship of course in China it's worse.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 22 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

http://dukewatch.blogspot.com/2010/10/firs...over-story.html

User is offline   Gurty 

A interview with Randy Pitchford about the ESRB/PEGI Ratings.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDerickVonD, on Oct 23 2010, 12:24 AM, said:

I know China is worse, but that doesn't mean I don't hate both governments. I know they are very different but both countries still have a high level of censorship of course in China it's worse.

China doesn't deny it, though.

View PostGurty, on Oct 23 2010, 01:51 AM, said:

A interview with Randy Pitchford about the ESRB/PEGI Ratings.

3 posts earlier... :(

User is offline   Stewox 

Even CBS takes on duke news

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/22/...in6982675.shtml

cbsnews.com said:

Gearbox Software has managed to recreate and update a cult classic in this title.

WRONG!!!

Yet again, gearbox gets the entire credit...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 October 2010 - 03:12 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Again, Triptych doesn't mind so why should we? The problem I have with that line is that it says they recreated it. Which is plain wrong.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 23 2010, 12:20 PM, said:

Again, Triptych doesn't mind so why should we? The problem.

Again; Because people are allowed to form their own opinions on a subject.

• The Sarien Encounter

But their opinions are from a defense-of-Triptych standpoint...and seeing as they don't care there's no need. It's like somebody taking somebody's watch and people getting all riled up about it being wrong when the original owner doesn't care.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 23 2010, 03:53 PM, said:

But their opinions are from a defense-of-Triptych standpoint...and seeing as they don't care there's no need. It's like somebody taking somebody's watch and people getting all riled up about it being wrong when the original owner doesn't care.

Thats your opinion, let people talk about it, geez.

BTW how do you know Triptych doesn't care? Also what about the other people who worked on DNF in the past?

User is offline   Green 

http://www.gamepron.com/news/2010/10/21/du...er-mana-bar-qa/

User is offline   Honza 

View PostMr. Green, on Oct 24 2010, 12:28 AM, said:

thanks for the post - however nothing really new and here is what has been mentioned in interview:
* the demo from PAX/Mana bar is special promotion demo with all weapons - the final product is gonna be different
* nothing in game (technology wise) is older than 4 years - everything what we saw in older builds was either re-done or laid off :(
* release date is something in 2011, they carefully added that it's before December :(
* game taken from 3D Realms was in content 95% done => what they did was a huge betatest, port to consoles and polished things here and there :(
* they want to ship the game to everyone, but they don't want to censor it, my personal bet is that there is gonna be some sort of parent lock and in HUGE letters written on the box - SAVE YOUR CHILDREN USE PARENT LOCK!! so they can't be sued and also no censorship has to be in-build without option to remove it
* they kept repeating that the games are now different, hopefully it doesn't mean it will be simplified to a level, where any dumb-ass can get it how to finish it - AKA corridor effect in CoD
* game is gonna be non-stopping experience - no loading of levels like in DN3D

This post has been edited by Honza: 23 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

In the second video Randy says 3DR spend 3000-4000 man months (those 12-13 years that is). When GBX ships they game they will have spend 200,000 - 300,000 man months! :(

Let's do the math:

in average over the DNF dev cycle at 3DR they had maybe 25 employee's
25x12 (months a year)x12 years in total
=3600 man months

HOW in the world will GBX achieve 200,000-300,000 man months in maybe less than 2 years?!

Did I calculated wrong?! :(

I thought he said 2500-3500 hours? And he did say the dev team is alot bigger now.

70 people at GBX and prob more than 50 at Piranha.

User is offline   Stewox 

Duke nukem forever is looking more and more like the next "metroid prime" on PC , AND THAT'S FREAKING GREAT !!!!

ACTION ADVENTURE FTW

This post has been edited by Stewox: 24 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh how glorious would it have been if Metroid Prime came to PC....will never happen, though. :(

Well that's 120 (If these numbers are accurate at all). Randy said they picked up Duke in late 09, so I'll say September.

13 X 120 = 1560 hours so far. I'm guessing a Summer release, going by all the info I've seen in this topic.

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Oct 24 2010, 06:52 PM, said:

70 people at GBX and prob more than 50 at Piranha.

Actually the 70 people figure includes everyone working on the game at GBX, Triptych and Piranha.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Oct 24 2010, 01:18 PM, said:

In the second video Randy says 3DR spend 3000-4000 man months (those 12-13 years that is). When GBX ships they game they will have spend 200,000 - 300,000 man months! :(

Let's do the math:

in average over the DNF dev cycle at 3DR they had maybe 25 employee's
25x12 (months a year)x12 years in total
=3600 man months

HOW in the world will GBX achieve 200,000-300,000 man months in maybe less than 2 years?!

Did I calculated wrong?! :(

You are thinking about this too hard. Why worry? It's coming early 2011.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options