Duke4.net Forums: If at PAX, gearbox says that it never touched DNF (quite likely) then can we finally call the game dead? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

If at PAX, gearbox says that it never touched DNF (quite likely) then can we finally call the game dead?

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Aug 31 2010, 07:54 PM, said:

I quoted Weider. He is an employee at Gearbox (I think he is still there)

He left Gearbox and went on to Infinity Ward and I think he left there and is now with Respawn.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aYX0r8QbTys

not updated video , he's at respawn but it doesn't show.

This post has been edited by RuskiSnajper: 31 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Sep 1 2010, 03:54 AM, said:

I quoted Weider. He is an employee at Gearbox (I think he is still there) and a former 3DR employee who worked on DNF for a long time (at least 2 generations of the game).

Oh... That's why you reacted that way. Charlie Weider hasn't been in Gearbox for more than year at least. Good thing that he went to IW and now have a released game(MW2) under his belt.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

So it's coming down to something like this for scenarios for the Gearbox panel this Sunday(if news doesn't break before then).

Gearbox has indeed taken over DNF with a release date of April 2011.

Gearbox has been working on the game since last year, game is done, to be released by end of this year.

Gearbox has combined Duke Begins with DNF and the release date is "When it's done"

Gearbox has purchased the Duke IP and is near completion on DNF.

Gearbox has not touched DNF and has nothing to do with the game.

:wacko:

4 vs 1

I like the sound of that!

View Postkaisersoze, on Aug 31 2010, 05:18 PM, said:

Really at this point though in all seriousness, if Gearbox doesn't come out and basically say "the game is done" or even give
us a street date, I will be very let down.

Prepare for a big time let down

View Postkaisersoze, on Sep 1 2010, 03:13 AM, said:

So it's coming down to something like this for scenarios for the Gearbox panel this Sunday(if news doesn't break before then).

Gearbox has indeed taken over DNF with a release date of April 2011.

Gearbox has been working on the game since last year, game is done, to be released by end of this year.

Gearbox has combined Duke Begins with DNF and the release date is "When it's done"

Gearbox has purchased the Duke IP and is near completion on DNF.

Gearbox has not touched DNF and has nothing to do with the game.

:)

Sadly I don't think so. :wacko: There's no hype, no time to make people accept that the joke is over and have time for the truth to sink in, in time for the hoilday season, I think a demo (as rumored) is the best we can hope for right know until next year B) I hate the delays DAMN!

View Postblackharted, on Sep 1 2010, 06:12 PM, said:

Sadly I don't think so. :) There's no hype, no time to make people accept that the joke is over and have time for the truth to sink in, in time for the hoilday season, I think a demo (as rumored) is the best we can hope for right know until next year :wacko: I hate the delays DAMN!

i dont really care about a short demo as long as i get to see duke in action in a cool movie. like when he says some cool lines and rip off the horns of a battlelord xD thats good enough for me, and it makes me really want to play more duke!

View PostTea Monster, on Aug 31 2010, 10:52 AM, said:

Sorry, if you cry wolf 1000 times, if you just happen to get it right once, it gets listed as chance.

(for room full of monkeys read: 'forum of Duketards' for complete works of William Shakespeare read: 'Real DNF Release date')

Oh, and your 'release date' wasn't correct as it wasn't released.

Ahhhh The release date WAS correct, but fate had other ideas.

But I think we'll only see a demo this year.

View Postblackharted, on Sep 1 2010, 12:34 PM, said:

Ahhhh The release date WAS correct, but fate had other ideas.

But I think we'll only see a demo this year.

I hope at least a Demo will happen this year, alas, I suspect whatever Gearbox has under the Duke IP got tossed in the trash after the Take2-3DR lawsuit was closed.
-
There is no big announcement coming from Gearbox. What is coming at PAX??? a 20-45 mins long boring blah blah blah about how Gearbox is changing with customer needs, industry tech, etc, etc, etc, etc. If they announce anything about any game in the speech, I'll burn my copy of Duke3D and piss on the ashes. If they announce anything Duke related, I'll ask Yatta to change my handle to 'Imafreakingmoron'

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postkaisersoze, on Sep 1 2010, 03:13 PM, said:

Anything, but not this one.

User is offline   Honza 

View PostLotan, on Sep 2 2010, 05:25 AM, said:

Anything, but not this one.

actually it's probably the worst scenario which can happen :wacko:

User is offline   Kathy 

I just hope it's not this one. Better let it die.

Ok color me converted/confirmed/and bouncing off my chair!!!

#1 - GB twitter post as posted on duke watch

Pigs are flying!

http://dukewatch.blogspot.com/2010/09/geor...are-flying.html

#2 - PAX schedule for Friday

4hour window of nothing on opening day? Seriously day 1 and you leave a big block open? Why?
Add 2K/Gearbox games - something big coming and well there is the reason for 4 hours!

-

i think it will be something with bioshock. 2k games showed just a bid about bioshock: infinite and it looks awesome

This post has been edited by Jhect: 02 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

User is offline   Outtagum 

BioShock and Awesome!

User is offline   Honza 

View PostJhect, on Sep 2 2010, 11:44 PM, said:

i think it will be something with bioshock. 2k games showed just a bid about bioshock: infinite and it looks awesome

seriously who cares about bioshock?

User is offline   Honza 

View Postblackharted, on Sep 1 2010, 06:12 PM, said:

Sadly I don't think so. :D There's no hype, no time to make people accept that the joke is over and have time for the truth to sink in, in time for the hoilday season, I think a demo (as rumored) is the best we can hope for right know until next year :D I hate the delays DAMN!

honestly, if it's announced in two days and released something like 11/11/2010 isn't it enough? 2 month should be IMO more than enough. I can imagine that game blogs/news from Tokio through Berlin to San Francisco will know that the joke is over. And if someone is not going to realize in two months that the joke is finally over - he/she is not going to realize it probably ever :D
Seriously who can handle 3month+ of hype? I don't think that even Call of Duty can.

This post has been edited by Honza7: 02 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

DNF has been ongoing for 12 years with people consistently anticipating it all that time. I think it can handle a measly little 3 months.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

Words are tricksy things. :D

Pigs are clever animals. :D

Weekends are enjoyable times. :D

Please be nice to each other while I'm out of town! :D

/wave and big old hug for everyone. :D

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Wieder, I love you :D

In that sick, masochist, sadist kind of way...

View PostHonza7, on Sep 3 2010, 01:09 AM, said:

seriously who cares about bioshock?

i love bioshock 1 because of the atmosphere. but the second game was a massive letdown and now i dont care for the new bioshock: infinite. though this new game is being made by the same team as those who made the first bioshock. so right now it is hard to say what the new game will be like. could be both good or bad i think :D
and after all this time waiting for DNF i think bioshock infinite can wait as that shouldnt take so long for them to make :S and there are still bioshock 2 dlc's coming up...

This post has been edited by Jhect: 02 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

User is offline   Honza 

View PostHonza7, on Sep 3 2010, 01:13 AM, said:

honestly, if it's announced in two days and released something like 11/11/2010 isn't it enough? 2 month should be IMO more than enough. I can imagine that game blogs/news from Tokio through Berlin to San Francisco will know that the joke is over. And if someone is not going to realize in two months that the joke is finally over - he/she is not going to realize it probably ever :D
Seriously who can handle 3month+ of hype? I don't think that even Call of Duty can.

Now it came to my mind that there was one time a speculation of Duke Nukem movie..
and *drum roll please* Duke Nukem (2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291122/

If Duke Nukem movie is really going to be released in 2011 then the release of Duke Nukem Forever till end of 2010 makes perfect sense..

User is offline   Green 

IMDB is full of shit :D

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 02 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I think last year IMDB said it was due out in 2010.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

IMDB is no better than Wikipedia as far as people being able to update it with false information. :D

Wieder: :D

User is offline   The Duke 

hate it when people do that

User is offline   Honza 

View PostYatta, on Sep 3 2010, 04:20 AM, said:

IMDB is no better than Wikipedia as far as people being able to update it with false information. :D

Wieder: :D

Hmm that's interesting I didn't know that is possible...

User is offline   Kathy 

They can only update FAQ. "Everyone" can't update other information, AFAIK.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View PostWieder, on Sep 3 2010, 02:21 AM, said:

Words are tricksy things. :D

Pigs are clever animals. :D

Weekends are enjoyable times. :D

Please be nice to each other while I'm out of town! :D

/wave and big old hug for everyone. :l

So... was that a positive post, or a negative one? :D

I hate cryptic things. but I love Wieder :D

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options