Duke4.net Forums: If at PAX, gearbox says that it never touched DNF (quite likely) then can we finally call the game dead? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

If at PAX, gearbox says that it never touched DNF (quite likely) then can we finally call the game dead?

User is offline   You 

I'm not trying to troll or anything, but at this stage all our hopes are belong to Gearbox. If they haven't got it, then the game isn't in development anymore and who knows when a new project for DNF will kick off.

Yatta, if you're about, I would like your feedback on this as well considering you clearly care about the Duke.

This post has been edited by You: 28 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

User is offline   Green 

IMO, the court case wouldn't have ended if there hadn't been an agreement for the continued development of Duke Nukem Forever.

User is offline   You 

View PostMr. Green, on Aug 28 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

IMO, the court case wouldn't have ended if there hadn't been an agreement for the continued development of Duke Nukem Forever.

We have absolutely no idea what the agreement was, to take what you said as a given, is as pointless as taking the gearbox rumors as fact.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostYou, on Aug 29 2010, 01:37 AM, said:

Yatta, if you're about, I would like your feedback on this as well considering you clearly care about the Duke.

Let me speak for Yatta and myself. :wacko:

DNF isn't dead, it will never die, DNF is forever!

Also neither 3DR or Take2 has ever stated that the game is canceled so it isn't dead. Besides if a game like DNF got released it would probally make a good amount of money.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 28 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Pretty sure they wouldn't just spend millions of dollars and not have the game come out.

View PostYou, on Aug 28 2010, 09:37 PM, said:

I'm not trying to troll or anything, but at this stage all our hopes are belong to Gearbox. If they haven't got it, then the game isn't in development anymore and who knows when a new project for DNF will kick off.

You know your question is a really good one. I agree with you.

View PostYou, on Aug 29 2010, 06:18 AM, said:

We have absolutely no idea what the agreement was, to take what you said as a given, is as pointless as taking the gearbox rumors as fact.

Seen as how the Take Two suit was over 3DR ceasing DNF development and that the only common interest of 3DR and Take Two is the release of DNF that is a fairly safe bet.

User is offline   You 

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 29 2010, 03:58 AM, said:

Seen as how the Take Two suit was over 3DR ceasing DNF development and that the only common interest of 3DR and Take Two is the release of DNF that is a fairly safe bet.

I agree with you completely. I believe this also, but that's not what my question is. Assuming the solution was something else and Gearbox wasn't working on DNF all along, can we all agree the current game is probably dead? As you said yourself, it's a fairly safe "bet" who knows what went on behind closed doors? It's quite possible that the solution was not a guaranteed release. Keeping this in mind, is there really anything else that could indicate that the game is in development anywhere other than Gearbox?

(I hope you don't think I'm a grammar Nazi or anything, but it's seeing, not seen. "Seen as take two" makes very little sense.)

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Gearbox has undoubtedly touched DNF.

Undoubtedly? Why do you say?

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 29 2010, 12:51 PM, said:

Because he's Hendricks :wacko:

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostReaperMan, on Aug 29 2010, 08:58 AM, said:

Because he's Hendricks :wacko:

Posted Image

?

This post has been edited by Radar1013: 29 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

View PostRadar1013, on Aug 29 2010, 10:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

?

Agreed.

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

I don't see how one studio saying they have nothing to do with the game would prove that it isn't coming out. Someone is working on the game, and even if it isn't Gearbox, it will still be completed and released in the near future. George Broussard has confirmed that the game is not in "limbo" any longer (on Formspring), so it's a known fact that the game is in development somewhere. It may be at Gearbox, or it may be elsewhere, but it's in full production and is coming out soon. :wacko:

i dont understand why we dont get any information...
if they are going to release the game sometime soon. then wouldnt it be stupid not to show something to get up the hype? and if they dont release it... then i dont really see a reason not to say it :S
maybe it will take a long time for them to finish the game and then they dont want people to think bad about them being so slow, or whatever you call them

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostKristian Joensen, on Aug 29 2010, 09:51 AM, said:

Because someone told me some inside information and the only part I could keep my mouth shut about was where it came from. I've never been one to care about rumors, and these are much more than rumors. Stay tuned. :wacko:

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I think it's best to answer your question on purely hypothetical grounds because Gearbox working on DNF is more of a fact than a rumor at this point. :wacko:

I think that in the improbable event that Gearbox were to halt its development of DNF--because it's already known that they're working on it, so the only way to answer your question is to suppose there's been a halt rather than a lack of development by Gearbox in the first place--the game would be put on hold for a year or two until the economy is in better shape, at which point the title would be picked up by Gearbox again or by another development house.

If games like Doom, Quake, or even Deus Ex are getting reboots nowadays, a business (which exists to turn a profit) would have no basis with which to judge against a game of the same caliber in a time when it's safer to go with a known franchise than to start a new one (just look at the film industry right now and its propensity to crank out an overwhelming number of sequels to movies like Spiderman or Tron).

View PostTX, on Aug 29 2010, 07:31 PM, said:

Because someone told me some inside information and the only part I could keep my mouth shut about was where it came from. I've never been one to care about rumors, and these are much more than rumors. Stay tuned. :wacko:

I am liking the sound of that :)

View PostYatta, on Aug 29 2010, 11:19 AM, said:

I think it's best to answer your question on purely hypothetical grounds because Gearbox working on DNF is more of a fact than a rumor at this point. :wacko:

I think that in the improbable event that Gearbox were to halt its development of DNF--because it's already known that they're working on it, so the only way to answer your question is to suppose there's been a halt rather than a lack of development by Gearbox in the first place--the game would be put on hold for a year or two until the economy is in better shape, at which point the title would be picked up by Gearbox again or by another development house.

If games like Doom, Quake, or even Deus Ex are getting reboots nowadays, a business (which exists to turn a profit) would have no basis with which to judge against a game of the same caliber in a time when it's safer to go with a known franchise than to start a new one (just look at the film industry right now and its propensity to crank out an overwhelming number of sequels to movies like Spiderman or Tron).

A good thing. But I doubt Gearbox would put DNF on hold (if there working on it) because according to my sources the economy is getting a bit better.

User is offline   N64 

View PostTX, on Aug 29 2010, 10:31 AM, said:

Because someone told me some inside information and the only part I could keep my mouth shut about was where it came from. I've never been one to care about rumors, and these are much more than rumors. Stay tuned. :)

:wacko: B)

more than a rumor eh?! :wacko:

Man this song fits perfect!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5AlzsP4jN1E

PAX will be glorious! FUCK YEAH!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostTX, on Aug 29 2010, 11:31 AM, said:

Are you putting us on TX? I cant legitimately tell by this post.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Well it better come out before some of the new FPS games in production, or right around the same time, or else it's going to die quickly anyway.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 29 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

When I am convinced, then you will know that DNF is in production.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Everyone and their grandma has a friend involved with DNF it seems. It would be nice if people could stop being so purposefully vague for once!

User is offline   BugsBunny 

I bet almost majority of this inside information source is Mr Jobi :duh:

View PostYou, on Aug 29 2010, 12:37 AM, said:

I agree, we if Gearbox is not involved in DNF, we take DNF, 3DR, and GB out behind the woodshed and put them out of their collective misery. - (only a metaphor, I would never condone this action in real life)

User is offline   You 

Yatta:
I love the belief you have in these rumors, but again, they are RUMORS. Gearbox still hasn't said it has even touched the game yet. It's quite a possibility that they aren't working on it at all, and that's what my question was geared towards (the possibility that gearbox aren't working on the game).

View PostYou, on Aug 30 2010, 10:39 AM, said:

Gearbox still hasn't said it has even touched the game yet.

Let me underline the important part, that means there is still hope. Besides even if gearbox isn't working on it someone probably is.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Tx is not a duketard. If he says there is a link, that means he got the information from somewhere other than out of his ass.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options