Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior MULTIPLAYER stuff - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior MULTIPLAYER stuff

User is offline   Shawneth 

Ok, I realized that the lesser known feature on Shadow Warrior is the Multiplayer, so I wanted to create an HTML guide all about the Multiplayer aspects of Shadow Warrior. With this released, people will take it as if WangBang were the new DukeMatch, so does anyone want to help out?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

This is a well-meaning idea, but...

View Postoporix, on Jul 21 2010, 12:46 AM, said:

With this released, people will take it as if Nothing was the new Nothing

Fix'd.

Joking aside, I'd be happy to contribute something, but not too much (since I'm busy).

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postoporix, on Jul 21 2010, 01:46 AM, said:

With this released, people will take it as if WangBang were the new DukeMatch...

Nothing will ever replace DukeMatch.

Anyway, Shadow Warrior is fun, but i think i lost my copy of it. :)

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 20 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

Well, to be honest, DukeMatch is really old, and half of everyone here hans't even tried multiplayer in Shadow Warrior, when I tried for the first time, my first kill was with the sword, it was awesome. There is no reason that someone can't try to play it, it's not like everyone here is full on their hands.

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostReaperMan, on Jul 21 2010, 02:36 AM, said:

Nothing will ever replace DukeMatch.

Anyway, Shadow Warrior is fun, but i think i lost my copy of it. :)

you can buy the Download version here.
http://www.3drealms.com/sw/index.html

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 28 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

Woah, forgot I made this thread :wacko:. Anyways I plan to work on this when I am more settled.

• Weaponized Autism

I've been meaning to play a match with someone for a while now.

It's truly unfortunate that the SW source release had to be beta material and as such the multiplayer code is so undeveloped.

Hendrick's, on Sunday, maby around 5:00 p.m (Ontario time) do you want me to host a match? It seems like we could have some fun as well as get some work done on this GUIDE.

• Weaponized Autism

I'd like to do that if I'm in front of my PC then and my Internet connection is cooperating. Could you PM me with some sort of IM info?

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Doing a project like that would be a piece of cake, it'd take a while though. Maybe three days, depending on how picky you are. I'd help out, but I'm busy I've got A LOT of learning\work I'm doing.

Edit: Anyway how are you going to go about this? Buy a domain, get a subdomain? Is it going to be a really customized website? I might be able to help in a couple days, I've got a demo of a game to release by tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 20 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

User is offline   Marcho 

I think one of the lesser things in Shadow Warrior MP is vehicles,I've seen lots of maps with vehicles on them,like gunboats,water scooters,tanks and cars.

Yea, but building a simple turret is VERY complex for such a fun thing. I wish 3D realms would've been smarter to make the engine a little simpilar to create things.

View PostSpirrwell, on Aug 20 2010, 09:05 PM, said:

Doing a project like that would be a piece of cake, it'd take a while though. Maybe three days, depending on how picky you are. I'd help out, but I'm busy I've got A LOT of learning\work I'm doing.

Edit: Anyway how are you going to go about this? Buy a domain, get a subdomain? Is it going to be a really customized website? I might be able to help in a couple days, I've got a demo of a game to release by tomorrow.

Well if it is good enough, perhaps I may upload it through Go Daddy or something.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Wang Bang rules. Also, Duke4.net might supply you with free hosting, you should look into that.

Hmm, that sounds good; we could use more people in the testing, you know for more strageties against more than one person.

• Weaponized Autism

If you want, I could put it on my website, since I know PHP and CSS and stuff. My site needs a slight redesign (categorized menus at the top) before I add more content.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options