Duke4.net Forums: DNF RIP-OFF? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF RIP-OFF?  "from Epic and EA"

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Looks alot like it to me! Right down to the cut gloves and his Mighty Boot kick! They even say it's part Duke Nukem in this E3 video I saw on youtube! The game's called Bullet Storm.....See 1:33 of video.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k49FPQKouJE...laynext_from=SL

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 17 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

User is offline   Green 

Oh, so uh...It's got gloves and you can kick. That's defiantly a Duke Nukem ripoff...

I've seen footage of the game and have been looking forward to it since I first heard about it and it's no Duke Nukem ripoff.

Personally I think Grand Theft Auto IV is a Duke Nukem ripoff. His got gloves and can kick so it's the same!

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 18 June 2010 - 12:08 AM

View PostMr. Green, on Jun 18 2010, 03:55 AM, said:

Oh, so uh...It's got gloves and you can kick. That's defiantly a Duke Nukem ripoff...

I've seen footage of the game and have been looking forward to it since I first heard about it and it's no Duke Nukem ripoff.

So uh, you say thats original and not slightly taken from Duke Nukem? Yea. ok.

But it does look like it's worth playing btw....
And yea, it's old news as well. I just learned about it and found the trailer...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-C_w5UeYzCw

User is offline   Green 

It's actually very different to Duke Nukem. The last time I checked Duke Nukem didn't have skillshots, space pirates and a point system.
I'm very much looking forward to Bulletstorm. It looks amazing! Gore, insane weapons, hilarity, great graphics. Gonna be awesome.
With saying that I'm also looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever but being realistic it will be released at the earliest of early-mid 2011.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4HfCqw_8iKo

Similar aspects:
First person shooter
Kicking things
Gloves
Guns

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 18 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

View PostMr. Green, on Jun 18 2010, 04:18 AM, said:

It's actually very different to Duke Nukem. The last time I checked Duke Nukem didn't have skillshots, space pirates and a point system.
I'm very much looking forward to Bulletstorm. It looks amazing! Gore, insane weapons, hilarity, great graphics. Gonna be awesome.
With saying that I'm also looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever but being realistic it will be released at the earliest of early-mid 2011.

Similar aspects:
First person shooter
Kicking things
Gloves
Guns

So, that said, if it had Jon St John voicing Duke, alien bastards, and the game was called DNF...It would be! Sorry 3DRealms, if your slow, ya blow, snooze, ya lose!

User is offline   Green 

Vinsane, if you got this game, changed the characters, plot, location, weapons, enemies, health system, way enemies got killed, voice actors, art style, gameplay, put it off for 13 years, and then called it DNF. It'd be DNF.

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 18 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

View PostMr. Green, on Jun 18 2010, 04:35 AM, said:

Vinsane, if you got this game, changed the characters, plot, location, weapons, enemies, health system, way enemies got killed, voice actors, art style, gameplay, put it off for 13 years, and then called it DNF. It'd be DNF.

Your right. But looking closely at the gameplay demo, you can see exact, and I mean exactly identical stuff seen in that former 3dr devl's demo reel. Like the hand touching the ground, shit! Thats directly stolen from that!
Heres your link again....look closely!

User is offline   Green 

Ahahhaha. So now a hand touching the ground is stolen?

Dude, just give it up. Nothing in that video is stolen from anything.
I'd hate to see you go to the bank. 'HOLY SHIT THAT TEN DOLLAR NOTE IS LIKE MY ONE DOLLAR NOTE. YOU STOLE MY MONEY MOTHER FUCKERRRR'

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 18 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

View PostMr. Green, on Jun 18 2010, 05:37 AM, said:

Ahahhaha. So now a hand touching the ground is stolen?

Dude, just give it up. Nothing in that video is stolen from anything.

Well I won't give up on the fact that you and I both don't know if thats true or not. What I do know is where that originaly came from, and we all saw it way before this!
As far as money goes since you mentioned it, ha! If I said you had mine, even if you didn't, you'd turn the same color of it and shit your pants when i'm taking it from you! Oh, Mr.Green! :(

User is offline   Green 

I love you Vinsane! :(
We should totally marry and get divorced due to serious relationship problems about hands touching ground and gloves.
As much as I want to be with you forever it's not going to happen because of the fights we'd have :(

User is offline   Green 

Vinsane, I'll be seeing you tonight for some hot sex! :(

User is offline   BugsBunny 

Looking forward to playing this game when it comes out :(.

User is offline   Outtagum 

You should really play more games/get your facts straight.

Kicking and full body awareness has been done before.

View PostMr. Green, on Jun 18 2010, 06:41 AM, said:

Vinsane, I'll be seeing you tonight for some hot sex! :(
Your too young for me big boy, besides, my girlfrend and I prefer a 3-some with another very hot female! But I am flattered....

View PostZor, on Jun 18 2010, 11:32 AM, said:

You should really play more games/get your facts straight.

Kicking and full body awareness has been done before.

Guess your right. I don't spend money on video games like I did 30 years ago. Damn, I always thought Duke did it first! But this game looks fucking great and i'd buy that when its released.

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 18 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostVinsaneOne, on Jun 19 2010, 08:51 AM, said:

Damn, I always thought Duke did it first!

Duke Nukem Forever at E3 Confirmed Fail

Like I told NUKEMDAVE that anyway.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 18 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 18 2010, 04:54 PM, said:

Duke Nukem Forever at E3 Confirmed Fail

Like I told NUKEMDAVE that anyway.

Yea, that is a shame. 3dr blew it.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

They blew it 12 years ago.

I played this for a bit at E3... not much like DNF other than some toilet humor. Looks pretty entertaining though, so I'm looking forward to trying it out in a real play environment. I *loathe* trying to touch the controller at E3 to get an idea of what a game is like. It's always a mess.

User is offline   TURBOKID 

This thread is stupid :)
Bulletstorm is in NO way a Duke rip-off.
It shares similarities that is IT.
If anyone is actually convinced that it is a rip then they clearly take fandom to the "Gay" extreme.
Anyway while i am here SUCK ON THIS!
Posted Image

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jun 18 2010, 10:38 PM, said:

This thread is stupid :)
Bulletstorm is in NO way a Duke rip-off.
It shares similarities that is IT.
If anyone is actually convinced that it is a rip then they clearly take fandom to the "Gay" extreme.
Anyway while i am here SUCK ON THIS!
Posted Image

Did you even read the threads title? It does have a question mark at the end.
So blow it out your ass!

View PostVinsaneOne, on Jun 18 2010, 08:38 PM, said:

Did you even read the threads title? It does have a question mark at the end.
So blow it out your ass!

Yeah actually i did read. And actually i wasn't commenting on your fucking thread title you fucking moron, i was just speaking in general.
Fuck yourself with the bloodied stump of the cyber demon's leg. Whoops am i making Doom comments? Weeeell maybe Doom is a rip off from Duke?
Even though Doom was prior to Duke who cares, let's just make gay threads about everything ripping off duke. It is a sprite based fps after all, and you do have have to fight something that isn't human. OMG DUKE RIP OFF!
I read the whole thread and personally think your talking utter shit. But hey what do i know :)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Disruptor, calm the Hell down already.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jun 18 2010, 08:31 PM, said:

Disruptor, calm the Hell down already.

Yeah well i wrote that when i had just woke up and now looking back on it it does seem a bit overboard.
But still, I am a huge Duke fan, I will buy and play anything if it's duke and i will enjoy every moment of it. Duke Nukem is the greatest game hero of all time in my view, and i try to associate everything possible with Duke, and i didn't even think of Duke when i was checking this game out. vinsane just bit my head off for making a valid statement :)

This post has been edited by DISRUPTOR: 18 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

VinsaneOne I'm pretty sure DNF didn't invent legs and gloves.

That being sad, does it feel like they let themselves get inspired by Duke Nukem? Oh absolutely. What's the problem with that? Duke is fun, and this game looks really fun to play as well. So, stop worrying about OMG DIS GAMES A RIPOF SEE HE HAS GLOVS ND BOOTS TOO :) and just get this game when it comes out and have fun with it. Hell, even if it's as close to DNF as you say, in your heart you know the following to be true: it's the closest you're gonna get to DNF in a while :)

This post has been edited by Sangman: 19 June 2010 - 06:50 AM

User is offline   z0mb1e 

I can see what he means. The animations look mighty similar to what we have seen in the duke demo reels. Also, the first picture you posted, looks almost identical to when duke is about to stick up his middle finger in the demo reel.

This post has been edited by z0mb1e: 19 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Jun 18 2010, 08:49 PM, said:

Yeah well i wrote that when i had just woke up and now looking back on it it does seem a bit overboard.
But still, I am a huge Duke fan, I will buy and play anything if it's duke and i will enjoy every moment of it. Duke Nukem is the greatest game hero of all time in my view, and i try to associate everything possible with Duke, and i didn't even think of Duke when i was checking this game out. vinsane just bit my head off for making a valid statement :)

Shut up! Your always angry about something and then you ACT hard and tough, but really your just a silly little boy who moans about EVERYTHING! And then you blame on pills or some shit, so heres' some free advice CALM THE FUCK DOWN!

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostTHE_DOUK_NARKEM, on Jun 19 2010, 11:14 PM, said:

:) duke nukem forever

I know right

dnf + dnf fanboys + non-dnf fanboys = rage

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostSangman, on Jun 19 2010, 02:21 PM, said:

I know right

http://www.youtube.c...Dd2hSQ4#t=0m13s

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostSangman, on Jun 19 2010, 05:21 PM, said:

I know right

ZOMG id Software working on DNF??!! :)

View Postblackharted, on Jun 19 2010, 01:31 PM, said:

Shut up! Your always angry about something and then you ACT hard and tough, but really your just a silly little boy who moans about EVERYTHING! And then you blame on pills or some shit, so heres' some free advice CALM THE FUCK DOWN!

Ok you don't even know me so how about you get the fuck back in your corner rent boy!

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options