Duke4.net Forums: The realistic scenario for rlease of DNF - Release Christmas 2010 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The realistic scenario for rlease of DNF - Release Christmas 2010

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jul 1 2010, 04:39 PM, said:

I'd pay more for a book on the development process than I'd pay for the game.

I'd pay $100 just to play 5 minutes of the game.

User is offline   RazorZ 

Same here. I hope they include making of -video in DNF as extra unlockable feature. I bet it´s going to be the most popular making of video of all time. :)

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

View PostRazorZ, on Jul 3 2010, 01:20 AM, said:

I bet it´s going to be the most popular making of video of all time. :)

Not to say the longest :)

• tile 1018

A release this Christmas is possible, but unlikely if the game ever comes out, I did some math and it seems likely to come out between late 2011 and early 2013.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 03 July 2010 - 06:05 AM

2 facts:
George&Scott will talk as soon as DNF reached a certain stage in development which could be about half a year before release! AND as soon as they got a new publisher and worked out a marketing plan! (if Take 2 is publisher no more that is of course!)

If the external studio started in end of November last year, and there are very very strong hints for that, or maybe even before that date, you have an upcoming announcement in the very near future.

Rolling out a marketing plan doesn't need that much time! Making small delopment diaries, making new trailers, gathering screenshots etc..is what I expect from the marketing part of the publisher! This could take up 2 months or so with the trailers taking the most time. Remember an DNF announcement trailer could have been done by now since end last year. Probably they will just need to update the assets in the trailer if the graphics changed too much since then.

:)

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Jul 4 2010, 08:39 AM, said:

2 facts:
George&Scott will talk as soon as DNF reached a certain stage in development which could be about half a year before release! AND as soon as they got a new publisher and worked out a marketing plan! (if Take 2 is publisher no more that is of course!)

If the external studio started in end of November last year, and there are very very strong hints for that, or maybe even before that date, you have an upcoming announcement in the very near future.

Rolling out a marketing plan doesn't need that much time! Making small delopment diaries, making new trailers, gathering screenshots etc..is what I expect from the marketing part of the publisher! This could take up 2 months or so with the trailers taking the most time. Remember an DNF announcement trailer could have been done by now since end last year. Probably they will just need to update the assets in the trailer if the graphics changed too much since then.

:)

NO NO NO NO NO!! Have you lost your mind? they will NEVER EVER do that!

• tile 1018

View Postblackharted, on Jul 4 2010, 01:14 PM, said:

NO NO NO NO NO!! Have you lost your mind? they will NEVER EVER do that!

I don't know about him, but I lost my mind two days ago contacting developers and George trying get as many "hints" as possible. So far I got no replies from any developers or George. "Now I'm really pissed off!"

User is offline   flarty 

i think if there is going to be an announcement this year, it will be on the new season of the jace hall show this fall

• tile 1018

They seem to post something every April 1st. Of course how reliable will that information be?

• tile 1018

I screwed up this post, how do I delete it?

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 05 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

View PostSpirrwell, on Jul 5 2010, 10:37 AM, said:

I screwed up this post, how do I delete it?

Commader will be soooo pissed off.

User is offline   Honza 

I did a little digging and I'm pretty sure that Gearbox is working on DNF.
See this map:
Point 'A' is Gearbox, point 'B' is 3D Realms office:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=12
It's only 17,1 miles away - 12 miles on foot.

3D Realms:

Considering their "no contracting - full time" policy. I also remember that for some time there was "must be willing to move to Dallas" as a condition for getting the job.

and what Gearbox says:

Gearbox is always hiring exceptional game industry veterans! If you're the best in the industry and have at least 5 years experience working in the games industry, we want you!

To be honest I simply can't think of better studio than Gearbox to finish DNF - their HL Opposing Force was awesome...
So we have figured out the studio, now we need to get to the schedule...

This post has been edited by Honza7: 10 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHonza7, on Jul 10 2010, 12:21 PM, said:

To be honest I simply can't think of better studio than Gearbox to finish DNF - their HL Opposing Force was awesome...
So we have figured out the studio, now we need to get to the schedule...

Not to mention a certain voice actor...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=k7G1WIssJUg

...Just saying.

What if the Duke Franchise was sold to Gearbox??? Do They have enoug money to purchase it? I guess it would cost them at least 20 million. But remember the Duke hasn't proofed his value in a true sequel for a long time now. Back in the day 3DR was offered 60 million for the franchise though.

I don't think Gearbox can afford it though! There needs to be a bigger company that could have purchased the rights. Could Radar have enough money???

I really don't hope 3DR sold the Duke franchise to a major publisher with no influence on the quality and direction of upcoming games! But Scott said he would sell the franchise for 60 million in a heartbeat now....this worries me very much!

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Purchasing rights? Who said they'd be SELLING The Duke Franchise to Gearbox? They wouldn't be getting the IP, and they likely wouldn't be the new publisher... They'd only be a 3rd-Party Developer HIRED by 3D Realms.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 10 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

User is offline   Shawneth 

I bet the whole DNF is a conspericy, just like Y2K.

Kaiser started the rumor some weeks ago. Duke Nukem franchise being sold that is, not to whom!

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Jul 11 2010, 05:57 AM, said:

Kaiser started the rumor some weeks ago. Duke Nukem franchise being sold that is, not to whom!

I absolutely did NOT start that rumor.

View Postoporix, on Jul 10 2010, 08:39 PM, said:

I bet the whole DNF is a conspericy, just like Y2K.

Always bet on Duke!

User is offline   BugsBunny 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Jul 11 2010, 01:57 AM, said:

Then who started it Kaiser ? Care to elaborate please?

User is offline   Outtagum 

View Postkaisersoze, on Jul 11 2010, 07:33 AM, said:

I absolutely did NOT start that rumor.

You just helped it grow. :)

• Honored Donor

View PostBugsBunny, on Jul 11 2010, 11:40 AM, said:

Then who started it Kaiser ? Care to elaborate please?

Nope.

an insider source apparently. :)

talking about DNF again. Changes are good that it will be finished this year or early 2011. If they want to make a Dec 2011 release I wonder when they want to start the hype machine?! Its only 5 months left! Or will they miss 2010 also?! :)
What do you guys think about the pre release marketing strategy. Will 3DR go the one to two month pre release bombshell reveal or will they announce it lets say 6 months before release?

This information is crucial to get an idea when we can expect the DNF news.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Jul 21 2010, 05:07 PM, said:

What do you guys think about the pre release marketing strategy.

I think it's going pretty well so far.

• Honored Donor

*Speculation*

November for the start of the 6 month hype period? That would lead to April 2011 for the release.

This post has been edited by kaisersoze: 21 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jul 1 2010, 01:39 PM, said:

I'd pay more for a book on the development process than I'd pay for the game.

I wouldn't.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options