Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Duke must battle his way through this mysterious desert installation and escape via the docks at the reactor complex!

Please note: this map requires Eduke32 or some other limit-breaking port. This map also requires Atomic Edition. No gameplay mods are required. This map will play in any renderer--I suggest Classic.

Download: http://supertanker.m....net/area27.zip

Thanks to Spiker, TerminX, pmw, and Mikko for beta-testing!

This post has been edited by Supertanker: 14 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

WARNING: SPOILERS!

Just played it, and it is is a very solid release. It looks good, having a hi-tech 3DR style with some flourishes here and there (I especially liked being able to look outside from the tunnel windows). The flow is good; the map is nonlinear but there's nothing that I would call a puzzle. I did get confused a few times in the complicated part of the map with the vents and force fields, but the overhead map was sufficient to get me out of it. The gameplay and item to monster ratio was pretty good throughout, but I have a few minor complaints about it. The beginning is tough sledding, because there is no health for a while. I'm guessing you did this because you wanted the player weak, so he won't be tempted to walk on the lava without boots. I really liked the way you made boots useful there; it was a nice touch. My only other complaint is that most of the map after that point seemed a little too easy, especially the ending. I'm not saying it needed a battlelord ending, but it could have been more challenging towards the end. In a high tech map such as this, it would have made sense to place some turrets (in the reactor room for example). But these are minor complaints and overall it is a very fine map.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 14 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

View PostSupertanker, on Jun 15 2010, 01:47 AM, said:

This map will play in any renderer--I suggest Classic.

Pity, but this map is incompatible with Classic mode, that's why:

Posted Image

That "Service access" sprite can't be shown properly when floor-aligned, so this is a Polymost/Polymer map.

Anyway, thank you for this, the map is quite enjoyable and somewhat reminds of Zaxtor's levels (less original though, and less ammo & stuff lying around). I liked the "alpha-beta" locker location, but the ending feels anticlimactic. Good texturing throughout, I have little complaints to the sound choices, the first door has no opening sound at all..

User is offline   blizzart 

Your map was great fun to play, supertanker. Neat design...

View PostCraigFatman, on Jun 15 2010, 11:09 AM, said:

Pity, but this map is incompatible with Classic mode, that's why:

That "Service access" sprite can't be shown properly when floor-aligned, so this is a Polymost/Polymer map.

Anyway, thank you for this, the map is quite enjoyable and somewhat reminds of Zaxtor's levels (less original though, and less ammo & stuff lying around). I liked the "alpha-beta" locker location, but the ending feels anticlimactic. Good texturing throughout, I have little complaints to the sound choices, the first door has no opening sound at all..

Oy! I didn't even notice that! Pity...

No opening sound? I thought I'd fixed that...dangit.

Glad you enjoyed it though. Zaxtor was an inspiration for the texturing of the opening bridge. :>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Awsome level. Was pretty huge too.

Level was soo wellmade and reactor core is pretty wickedly cool.

Played it, its really nice :)!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options