Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem XBLA - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem XBLA  "Just wanna know something....."

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postblackharted, on Jun 19 2010, 07:45 AM, said:

See this is exaclty why i'm not comforable disscusing this.

So why join an online forum for?

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 18 2010, 12:56 PM, said:

So why join an online forum for?

Not to disscus personal information.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postblackharted, on Jun 19 2010, 07:59 AM, said:

Not to disscus personal information.

Well, your in the wrong place then.

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 18 2010, 01:01 PM, said:

Well, your in the wrong place then.

Wrong.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postblackharted, on Jun 17 2010, 10:31 AM, said:

I know you aren't trying to force it out of me, but as Cammando Nukem put it a gamertag perpose "is to identify you and allow others to find you" I don't want people I don't know personally know to find me.

Please dont use my post as a defense. It doesnt work. It allows people to find you on freaking Xboxlive to play games, not find you and rape you in your bedroom at night... or steal your C@$H M0N13Z.

Being safe is one thing. You're just being weird about this. :(

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostThe Commander, on Jun 18 2010, 12:22 PM, said:

Once I have your email I own you.

I will be able to spend about an hour and have your full name and your DOB, and from that stolen identity is simple.

Commander why are you such a stupid cunt?
You think you know everything about everyone but really your just a little turd with no friends. Now go, go play in the sand box by yourself little man :)

Of course i am just mocking the state of the forums lately and had to have my two cents. Don't want to be the only one insulting people now do it.
Gonna finish DTA or just feed the trolls?

This post has been edited by DISRUPTOR: 18 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jun 18 2010, 08:04 PM, said:

...It allows people to find you on freaking Xboxlive to play games, not find you and rape you in your bedroom at night... or steal your C@$H M0N13Z.

I joined xboxlive for the wrong reason then. :)

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jun 18 2010, 05:04 PM, said:

Please dont use my post as a defense. It doesnt work. It allows people to find you on freaking Xboxlive to play games, not find you and rape you in your bedroom at night... or steal your C@$H M0N13Z.

Being safe is one thing. You're just being weird about this. :)

No i'm being paranoid about this. :)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postblackharted, on Jun 19 2010, 12:23 PM, said:

No i'm being paranoid about this. :)

Which is no better.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jun 19 2010, 12:27 PM, said:

Which is no better.

So?

User is offline   Martin 

Hey folks,

I primarily signed up to this site to find other people to play Duke Nukem 3D XBLA with. I got my 360 in November '08, and one of the first games I got was DN3D. I really love the game (as in.. really love it!), but there's never ever anyone online on it. As if Modern Warfare 2 is better than DN3D..? Lulz. Anyway, even when I first got it, I think I only managed to find one or two games. It didn't bother me so much then, because my friend Patrick had it and we played it all the time. He doesn't have internet any more though, so that's out. Does anyone here play that version, or would play it given the chance? I miss playing Duke 3D with others.

I'll add some 'first post' blurb. I'm 24, from the UK. Never encountered the two original Duke Nukem sidescrollers back in the day, and have only become aware of them through YouTube and such. One day in the 90s my friend Adam says to me "My dad just got this amazing game!". He takes me to his house, we go on his dad's PC while he's out, he puts in his dad's stupidly-easy parental lock password, and we play a game called 'Duke Nukem 3D'. We didn't have anything like a capable PC back then at my house that would've run it (Atari ST ftw), so I was always going around his house to play Duke. The graphics, the insane violence, the humour.. we loved it. It was like Doom times ten.

I was a console kid, and finally got my mitts on the game when it was ported to the N64. Yeah I know, in hindsight not the best way to play Duke. Still at the time I didn't give a shit about stuff like that - it was Duke. That was all I wanted/needed. One thing I will say for the N64 port is that it was the first (to my knowledge) that had any built-in co-op feature. That kicked ass, and my love of trying to beat Duke on the hardest settings with a buddy started there. Later on I also picked up the game for my SEGA Saturn (weird but pretty cool version), but I still don't game on PC. It doesn't help that Linux is seemingly really pants at games. So when I saw it was getting upped to XBLA and with a full online co-op feature, I bought a 360.

I reckon most of the userbase here are probably PC-heads, so I'm guessing support here for 360 DN3D is probably quite slim? Prove me wrong. My gamertag on 360 is 'Mart7n' (and 'Mart9n' on PS3, if anyone cares). I mainly enjoy co-op on the game, though would gladly partake in any Dukematches. While I'm at it, there's also two other games I would like to play on XBL that I'm seemingly the only 360-owner who actually plays them - Doom and Doom II.

So if you want to play DN3D on 360, and to a lesser extent both the Dooms, add me.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I have it but I don't have a Gold account....stupid Microsoft.

User is offline   Martin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Aug 18 2010, 06:51 AM, said:

I have it but I don't have a Gold account....stupid Microsoft.

Lulz, I do agree. After I got my PS3, it seemed an especially bad rip-off paying for online gameplay. Only Xbox gamers and WoW players have to pay for online gaming. It's also part of the reason why constantly trying and failing to find anyone online in XBLA games sucks. If you're not playing Call of Duty, Battlefield: BC2, or any of the half-dozen or so large profile games, you will probably get a message along the lines of "unable to find other players". MS should employ people to play all the games just to make sure there's always people to play with. Hell, I'd accept a fee from MS to just have a Duke server open all the time. What's the point in me paying for Gold if all that I can actually use on it is COD and a couple other games?

Still, it is how it is. Anyone with Gold up for it?

View PostMartin, on Aug 17 2010, 11:24 PM, said:

Lulz, I do agree. After I got my PS3, it seemed an especially bad rip-off paying for online gameplay. Only Xbox gamers and WoW players have to pay for online gaming. It's also part of the reason why constantly trying and failing to find anyone online in XBLA games sucks. If you're not playing Call of Duty, Battlefield: BC2, or any of the half-dozen or so large profile games, you will probably get a message along the lines of "unable to find other players". MS should employ people to play all the games just to make sure there's always people to play with. Hell, I'd accept a fee from MS to just have a Duke server open all the time. What's the point in me paying for Gold if all that I can actually use on it is COD and a couple other games?

Still, it is how it is. Anyone with Gold up for it?

Not 100% true, I mean I was playing GTA 4 last night and there were a few people online.

User is offline   Martin 

Well GTA IV is a high profile game, and is easily the best game of it's type on the system.

View PostMartin, on Aug 18 2010, 10:52 AM, said:

Well GTA IV is a high profile game, and is easily the best game of it's type on the system.

Well another example is Sanits Row or Doom XBLA.

Doom XBLA is not like GTA4 or Saint's Row at all.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting this in a few weeks (I've resolved that I have to beat another game, probably Limbo or Symphony of the Night at this point, although I'm working on Mass Effect, before I buy another game of any kind) and I'd be happy to play with anybody. My Live on my alternate account runs out soon so I'll be back on my main account, Onslaught Six. (Surprise! I'm not hard to find at all. Go on, play something with me.)

In fact, when it comes to games, I don't regularly go matchmaking or playing with strangers anyway. I mostly play Left 4 Dead solo, in splitscreen with my girlfriend, or online with my friends from college. Team Fortress 2 I play online with anybody but that's because it's really really good. I've only ever played Transformers: War For Cybertron with friends, too. But it doesn't take much for me to want to play against you--just the fact that we like the same kind of games. And anybody who likes Duke3D enough to want to play it online is fine in my book. I'm even thinking about playing co-op with some friends of mine.

I'm expecting there to be a small insurgence of Duke3D players showing up as the DNF release date gets closer--mostly because playing Duke3D is a great way to get hyped up.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I'll be sending you a friend request :)

User is offline   Alexx 

Its great for XBLA.The multiplayer isnt as active as when the game first came out but during weekends and late on the weekday you will still get games.

Single player - All the original levels + Area 51 from one of the expansion packs.Ability to rewind gameplay to any point in the level should you die.Leaderboards for regular singleplayer plus time trail/speed runners leaderboards

Multiplayer - FFA + 1vs1 ...Ranked and unranked.Ranked matchs are set to certain maps such as hollywood,movieset plus various other favorites.upto 8 players in FFA lobbies.Dukematch leadboards plus skill level rankings.

In my opinion its a superb part of the franchise.Well made...its one of very few XBLA game that has almost a 5 star rating.I think it had something along the lines of 75k downloads.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options