Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem and Windows 7 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem and Windows 7

Hello,

I searched the site but it kept giving me errors??

I just got a new pc last weekend with windows 7, 64 bit. I'm having withdraws from not being able to play duke3d. I've looked around and at the site with the banner on the top of this site about the 32 - 64 bit download of the game. Has anyone tried it or knows were I can get a 64 bit version.

Thanks for any info.

Terry

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

You didn't look to well, you should have looked in the thread topic above this one.

http://www.eduke32.com/

I tried duke nukem 64 bit for my search and received the following:

The error returned was:
One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

I don't know how much longer I could make the search question...

I did read that and seen nothing on 64 bit. I seen a post from a member saying his system ran slow. I read the info on the 32 bit.

Does it work on a 64 bit system?

View PostTexasAirCooler, on May 2 2010, 03:59 AM, said:

Does it work on a 64 bit system?

Quote from the website

"It runs natively without relying on emulation of any kind. Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, whatever -- it'll run on it. Linux is also well supported, either natively or with Wine."

So yes it does. :P (well, it did last time I herd but it would be very odd for it not to all of a sudden)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 01 May 2010 - 09:30 AM

User is offline   z0mb1e 

Most 32 bit applications work in 64bit windows.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

As a Windows 7 user, I find that I run Duke Nukem 3D seamlessly, if not better than in XP (contrary to Commander's anti-Windows 7 rant from months past). If you're having trouble getting it to run, you might find that it's due to you having an incompatible graphics chipset.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm running windows 7 professional 64 bit, and eduke32 works fine, just like it did on my 32 bit windows vista.

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on May 2 2010, 03:45 PM, said:

(contrary to Commander's anti-Windows 7 rant from months past).

I can have that opinion because I have tried both, and now I have a newer system I will retry Win 7 the moment that I can auto arrange off. :P (Don't start a debate over that auto arrange shit again, I already have explained myself)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options