Duke4.net Forums: Duke3d original level Lighting - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3d original level Lighting  "let there be the light!"

User is offline   3D Master 

View PostRoma Loom, on May 10 2010, 01:00 AM, said:

The username and pass are needed if you have an account there for uploading stuff. You should be able to download and sync withought username and pass, unless there's something wrong with svn server...

I create an empty directory. Go in there. Tell it "create repository here." Creates some directories and files. I say "import", and then it asks for a username and password.

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

What you want is a checkout, not an import. The Commander's thread about SVN explains the steps to check out a copy of the HRP to use with EDuke32.

So, I got SVN finally working, although no "update" option comes forth.

Anyway, I noticed this newest hrp has eduke mentioning it can't find a few keycard textures.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Post3D Master, on May 11 2010, 05:32 AM, said:

So, I got SVN finally working, although no "update" option comes forth.

Anyway, I noticed this newest hrp has eduke mentioning it can't find a few keycard textures.

I get no such errors.
Are you sure you followed my guide correctly?

View PostThe Commander, on May 10 2010, 07:37 PM, said:

I get no such errors.
Are you sure you followed my guide correctly?

Create directory. Check-out. Export.

The only thing I did differently here, is zip the whole thing, and then put that zip in my autoload directory.

User is offline   DuduKrazy 

@devastator: just out of curiosity, when you finish "re-lighting" the episode 4 levels, are you going to re-light episode 1 or 3?

User is offline   Devastator 

Hm, i think i start off with Ep1.. yes that sounds good. (I still hope to hear some critical review of lightning for ep4)

and by the way, maybe i got something wrong, but: Is it possible to make Point light flicker only via maphack and no con coding (example please if possible)?

This post has been edited by Devastator: 10 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

E4L1: looks awesome till now; had another run in with the controls stuck bug in eDuke32, so quit for a moment to say the following before I forgot: the switch on the computer screen to the secret door in the room where the red keycard is, is very visible. Don't know if this is a maphack issue, or an eDuke32 issue. I remember it not being visible in earlier versions playthrough.

i think that may have something to do with eduke32. specifically, polymer.

View PostDuduKrazy, on May 11 2010, 01:57 AM, said:

i think that may have something to do with eduke32. specifically, polymer.

Just died because shrunken Duke doesn't run fast enough in E4L2. Looks great till now; switch on the drive through is visible.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Post3D Master, on May 10 2010, 07:27 PM, said:

switch on the drive through is visible.

Polymer doesn't support the notmd and nomdanim maphack parameters yet. :P

The flying cars in E4L2, do not have search lights as I saw in a Polymer trailer. Is this simply not possible, or could you still add them?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think he could still add them. he probably doesn't do it, because it would be very resource consuming, as if all the graphical fancyness weren't enough. if it wasn't possible, then it wouldn't be shown in the video in first place.

now i'm wondering something similar about that see-through water in an early screenshot of E1L3...

This post has been edited by DuduKrazy: 10 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDuduKrazy, on May 10 2010, 07:54 PM, said:

now i'm wondering something similar about that see-through water in an early screenshot of E1L3...

It would be a very bad idea to automatically enable ROR in all maps and all instances of water, and it would also be a bad idea to make a special case for this one ma.

However, the functionality is completely present... in the 8-bit classic and Polymost renderers. Check ror.map, included with all EDuke32 SVN build distributions.

View PostHendricks266, on May 10 2010, 10:22 PM, said:

It would be a very bad idea to automatically enable ROR in all maps and all instances of water, and it would also be a bad idea to make a special case for this one ma.

why? would that affect the frame rate so bad?

Is it possible to make Point light flicker only via maphack and no con coding (example please if possible)?
added lights for e4l11

Devastator: The lights have "minshade" and "maxshade" properties for synchronizing them with the sector shading, but Plagman forgot to re-implement them after he re-wrote the lighting system a while back. So for now, no.

This post has been edited by Dr. Kylstein: 12 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

User is offline   Night Wolf 

Any progress on Episodes 1 and 3?

Dr. Kylstein, Thank you for clearance)
I started e1l2 but lost my feeling to it, i think i will get down to the whole episode few days later or so.
It also lags like shit in outside areas with large surfaces and this is very annoying.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0013.jpg

I really like what your doing with the top of the building Devastator
adding those red lights to simulate the buildings in the skybox ... very good idea

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Looks really sweet!

have just finished e1l2, also i had some problems downloading stuff through svn so i also have maphack attached.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0029.jpg

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  E1L2.ZIP (2.05K)
    Number of downloads: 182

User is offline   Spiker 

Looks great!

User is offline   Cage 

View PostDevastator, on May 29 2010, 11:40 AM, said:

screenshot

Yay, no pure white lights! Good job :(

looks great , and doesn't lag at all, good job

though I think you should add a white light here
Posted Image

@Devastator: i liked the E1L2 lights. looks pretty good. i have a question: do you or anyone else plan on remaking E1L1 maphack lights, so as to not be too resource-heavy as it is currently?

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostDuduKrazy, on May 29 2010, 09:33 PM, said:

do you or anyone else plan on remaking E1L1 maphack lights, so as to not be too resource-heavy as it is currently?

Hopefully not. I'm against improving performance at the cost of appearance (Even if I'm not able to play certain maps, because sooner or later I will be).

Noone is forced to play with polymer if they have poor performance.

Ozz, thanks, fixed that one.
Hm, e1l1,- it's time to set lights and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of gum.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostSpiker, on May 29 2010, 01:09 PM, said:

Hopefully not. I'm against improving performance at the cost of appearance (Even if I'm not able to play certain maps, because sooner or later I will be).

Noone is forced to play with polymer if they have poor performance.

The E1L1 maphack doesn't even have stuff like light priority configured or anything though. It's pretty sweet but it still needs some work.

Hey Devastator.. regarding lights in e1l2 ... the yellow toned lights look a little unnatural IMO ( for instance the ones in the bar etc.) , could you maybe make them a more natural warm ... maybe the warm yellow you would get from say the sun.. or a non fluorescent warm light bulb.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options