Duke4.net Forums: DNF New Footage! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF New Footage!  "No joke"

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postnecroslut, on Apr 5 2010, 06:14 AM, said:

Looks fucking sweet! Most of the footage was new to me, even if it showed areas I've already seen.
The only thing I don't like is that the vehicle parts seems to be third person only.

I concur after finally getting to see it. ^^ Congratulation 3DRealm!

User is offline   Outtagum 

Um... I don't think congratulations are in order... :P

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostZor, on Apr 5 2010, 12:44 PM, said:

Um... I don't think congratulations are in order... :P

Yes not because the leak, but because the game is great looking. Even though GB says that, "it is not representative of actual game now" or something.

User is offline   Stabs 

no no no

3d realms can suck the fat cock

after 13 years we want a game we can play all the way through , not another "gameplay video"

at this stage, release it, as in not another shitty console 3rd person game or an even shittier hand held game but a proper tribute to the game that really put you on the map, a fucking FPS game

do it or fuck off <FULL FUCKING STOP>

Groundbreaking? No. Complete awesomeness and putting fun back in gaming? HELL YES!

It gave me many of the feelings I had playing DN3D back in 96. Just being fun game to play and do all this awesome stuff. Why do videogames today take themselves so serious? This looks like all fun and doing cool stuff, and blowing things up. My kinda game!

*still waiting and believing*

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

http://www.shacknews...article.x/63137

Damn, the wolves are so hungry they will eat their own foot...

View PostDanM, on Apr 5 2010, 04:56 AM, said:

no no no

3d realms can suck the fat cock

after 13 years we want a game we can play all the way through , not another "gameplay video"

at this stage, release it, as in not another shitty console 3rd person game or an even shittier hand held game but a proper tribute to the game that really put you on the map, a fucking FPS game

do it or fuck off <FULL FUCKING STOP>

Bullshit console third person games are AMAZING! look at Gears of War! look Goldeneye! etc. etc. and FPS are now overated like The Dark Knight!

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postblackharted, on Apr 6 2010, 12:09 AM, said:

Bullshit console third person games are AMAZING! look at Gears of War! look Goldeneye! etc. etc. and FPS are now overated like The Dark Knight!

I think he meant the Duke Nukem 3rd Person games that were previously released. I hope he's not implying that Duke Nukem Advance is shitty though.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMr.Flibble, on Apr 6 2010, 04:00 AM, said:

http://www.shacknews...article.x/63137

Damn, the wolves are so hungry they will eat their own foot...

Well, that clears some things up.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostJinroh, on Apr 5 2010, 09:59 AM, said:

I think he meant the Duke Nukem 3rd Person games that were previously released. I hope he's not implying that Duke Nukem Advance is shitty though.

Which just isnt true. Time to Kill and Zero Hour were both fantastic games.

Zero Hour especially felt like a Duke sequel. Heck you change a few elements in it, and you could easily call it "Duke Nukem Forever" as it works as a direct sequel to the previous game.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postblackharted, on Apr 5 2010, 08:09 AM, said:

He wasn't talking about console third person games in general, he was referring specifically to the DUKE NUKEM console games which(imho) were good, but not great(Land of the Babes aside).....and certainly NOT worthy of being a DNF substitute.

However, while I do agree that Gears of War was "amazing", I sure as hell wouldn't say Goldeneye was ever overrated; it deserved every bit of the credit it got.....and you do realize you are comparing a 1997 game with a 2007 game? GE was every bit as impressive for it's time as GeOW was for 3 years ago.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostDanM, on Apr 5 2010, 08:56 AM, said:

Zero Hour was awesome and 3rd person...

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Just saw the footage - It's amazing! It actually feels like Duke Nukem. I had this silly grin on my face when I was watching it.

Shacknews seem to 'confirm' the April Fools day Gold target. If so, that would be such a fucking shame - it would have been the biggest gaming coup of all time.

Gears of War is great, but its not as much fun as even the original Duke.

User is offline   Alithinos 

Wow!!
Did you noticed at a point of this video where a message appears on the screen saying "Press B for shotgun" ?
:P
It's the round red B button of XBOX360's controller!!

Does that means that what they are working at the game currently is the xbox360 port ? :D

View PostAlithinos, on Apr 7 2010, 04:18 AM, said:

Wow!!
Did you noticed at a point of this video where a message appears on the screen saying "Press B for shotgun" ?
:P
It's the round red B button of XBOX360's controller!!

Does that means that what they are working at the game currently is the xbox360 port ? :D

Old news.

View PostThe Commander, on Apr 6 2010, 06:21 PM, said:

Old news.

I just now discovered it. :P
If it's not gonna be a PC exclusive,is there then a chance to see it at Wii too ?
:D

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 06 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

View PostAlithinos, on Apr 7 2010, 04:22 AM, said:

If it's not gonna be a PC exclusive,is there then a chance to see it at Wii too ?

Would you really want that?
Have you not noticed yet that all games that are made for multi formats are 90% of the time crap.

View PostThe Commander, on Apr 6 2010, 06:26 PM, said:

Would you really want that?
Have you not noticed yet that all games that are made for multi formats are 90% of the time crap.

This one might be an exception! :D
But what I'm thinking is that if it takes them so much time to do anything,then perhaps a port would take them a whole year or more.
In that case,I'd prefer not to see any ports at all. :P

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostAlithinos, on Apr 6 2010, 12:22 PM, said:

It is coming out for the PS4, the XBOX720, and the Nintendo Shouri

This has been confirmed through the magic 8-Ball I have in my closet.

That is a lie, I have no magic 8-Ball.

• Polymancer

As far as we know, all were planned to come out together.

Yes, most console ports are crap. I've lost count of how many crap console ports I've had to Cntrl-Alt-Del out of as some stupid asshole programmer at *cough*capcom*cough* got it to compile on a pc, saw that the loading screen came up and declared it 'Gold'. Resident Evil 4 - no mouse support? WTF?!!!!!???

I'd like to think that 3DR wouldn't operate like that and that the PC version will be like the Orange Box and 'Just work'. None of it matters anymore anyhow.

You will, of course, have to wait for the DS port for teh uber-awesomeness :P

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 06 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

The DS port? Pffft, I still want the Atari VCS version.

Oh, and console ports being crap, allow me to also back this up, I remember Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness... Most of the time the screen just went black, or only things in the background would be drawn, I don't know what the menu looks like in that damn game yet because the writing doesn't appear. And Resident Evil 4? I don't own that game, but I sure as hell remember that mouse problem. Though there are a few exceptions - from what I heard, Sonic Adventure works better on the PC than it does on the Dreamcast, for which it was exclusively designed, I'm a Dreamcast fanboy though, so I haven't really played the PC version.

Sorry for ranting on, but that is one of those issues that does annoy me, and I'm in a bad enough mood already.

Oddly, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness actually ran pretty good for me on the PC.

View PostDuke Rocks, on Apr 5 2010, 11:54 AM, said:

He wasn't talking about console third person games in general, he was referring specifically to the DUKE NUKEM console games which(imho) were good, but not great(Land of the Babes aside).....and certainly NOT worthy of being a DNF substitute.

However, while I do agree that Gears of War was "amazing", I sure as hell wouldn't say Goldeneye was ever overrated; it deserved every bit of the credit it got.....and you do realize you are comparing a 1997 game with a 2007 game? GE was every bit as impressive for it's time as GeOW was for 3 years ago.

I didn't say Goldeneye was overated no way you will never hear me say that EVER! i said the Dark Knight was overated. However what you said about Goldeneye and Gears i agree with 100% oh and Gears came out in 2006
When i said FPS were overated i didn't mean Goldeneye
I meant things like Half-Life and COD and everyother brown FPS and Portal.......

This post has been edited by blackharted: 06 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

User is offline   Outtagum 

OK, bro. :P

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostTea Monster, on Apr 7 2010, 12:52 AM, said:

I'd like to think that 3DR wouldn't operate like that and that the PC version will be like the Orange Box and 'Just work'. None of it matters anymore anyhow.

Well, 360 and PC coding are nearly 1:1 so it shouldn't be a problem. :P

• Polymancer

View PostJinroh, on Apr 6 2010, 03:33 PM, said:

Well, 360 and PC coding are nearly 1:1 so it shouldn't be a problem. :P

LOL, coding yes, playability, no. It's that 'nearly' that manages to f*ck it up, ask the people who purchased the PC version of GTA 4.

User is offline   3dwizard 

View Postblackharted, on Apr 6 2010, 11:19 AM, said:

I didn't say Goldeneye was overated no way you will never hear me say that EVER! i said the Dark Knight was overated. However what you said about Goldeneye and Gears i agree with 100% oh and Gears came out in 2006
When i said FPS were overated i didn't mean Goldeneye
I meant things like Half-Life and COD and everyother brown FPS and Portal.......

Don't fucking put Half-Life and Portal in the same box with COD.
Portal and Half-Life are not overrated at all! Half-Life is a game worth sharing the same bench with Doom and Duke!
As for portal I admit that for a non HL fan it might not be as cool but for a HL fan it's caviar!
As for COD, the recent games are really overrated that's true.

This post has been edited by 3dwizard: 07 April 2010 - 03:49 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

As for the FPS that counts, DNF, I saw the footage and it still seems similar to prey. i.e nothing special. Maybe it's just because I was disappointed at the sound effects. I know they'll be different for the final version but it kind of ruined the video for me.

View Post3dwizard, on Apr 7 2010, 04:49 AM, said:

Don't fucking put Half-Life and Portal in the same box with COD.
Portal and Half-Life are not overrated at all! Half-Life is a game worth sharing the same bench with Doom and Duke!
As for portal I admit that for a non HL fan it might not be as cool but for a HL fan it's caviar!
As for COD, the recent games are really overrated that's true.

When i said Half-Life i meant the second one. And Portal is VERY overated, too bare bones, hardly any stroy, repetivtive sound effects etc. etc.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 07 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View Postblackharted, on Apr 7 2010, 01:18 PM, said:

Portal is VERY overated

Fail.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options