Duke4.net Forums: I want Duke Nukem Forever - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I want Duke Nukem Forever

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostThe Commander, on Feb 13 2010, 06:44 PM, said:

You know that won't get you anywhere in life or bring the game out any faster right?

But it might help put pubic hair on their nuts! <_<

View PostNfelli64, on Feb 14 2010, 04:46 AM, said:

so... we have been playing dnf all along.

Yep! Thats exactly what I said in the "I don't want DNF" thread.

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Feb 17 2010, 12:06 PM, said:

I agree completely. The '01 build is the DNF I was waiting for. They should have pushed hard & got it out the door while the tech was still relevant.

I compeltly agree with you well said

User is offline   Sangman 

You do know that the trailer for the 2001 DNF version showed.. about literally everything they had in the 2001 version? I mean, I agree it looked epic but beyond that there just wasn't an actual game there.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View PostSangman, on Feb 21 2010, 08:08 PM, said:

You do know that the trailer for the 2001 DNF version showed.. about literally everything they had in the 2001 version? I mean, I agree it looked epic but beyond that there just wasn't an actual game there.

Weider strongly disputed the story that you're referring to.

(though I still agree with you)

View Post3dwizard, on Feb 17 2010, 08:34 PM, said:

It is, some even confessed to being 14 year old kids, so watch out, the new duke fans are in town <_<
I wish I had this game even if I consider all those bad things from the other topic. I would just want to have it so I can officially say I played it and it sucks exactly like I thought it would! If there would be even one entertaining thing to do or place in the game, I would actually be amazed.
I really believe the 2001 one was very tightly knit together from that trailer. I honestly believe, the old 2001 one was much better for the year 2001 than today's official screenshots and leaks make this new version to be for our times!
It had something that none of the games in that time had. Even today when I look at it, I notice it was very ahead of it's times.
I will honestly want to play the 2001 one more than this new one because of many reasons but this one would also be better than nothing I guess...

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Feb 18 2010, 04:06 AM, said:

I agree completely. The '01 build is the DNF I was waiting for. They should have pushed hard & got it out the door while the tech was still relevant.

Yeah everything about that trailer oozed atmosphere. It was like Duke with Resident Evil mixed, even the one black police officer reminded me of Marvin Branagh from Resident Evil 2. <_< He was a cool guy too bad he died.

I'd still play 2001 right now. ^o^ Some of those real time destruction parts were nice. <_<
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 22 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

User is offline   You 

View PostJinroh, on Feb 22 2010, 08:54 AM, said:

Yeah everything about that trailer oozed atmosphere. It was like Duke with Resident Evil mixed, even the one black police officer reminded me of Marvin Branagh from Resident Evil 2. <_< He was a cool guy too bad he died.

I'd still play 2001 right now. ^o^ Some of those real time destruction parts were nice. <_<
Posted Image

Even worse than just being a small amount of Duke nukem forever that was complete and playable, all sequences in that clip where specifically made for the trailer and all the game play was just script.

Scott admited this when 3DRealms closed. None of what was in that trailer was actually gameplay that was finished.

EDIT: Apologies for the apparent misinformation. Should have rechecked my sources before posting this.

Muxer

This post has been edited by You: 25 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

all sequences in that clip where specifically made for the trailer and all the game play was just script.

Scott admited this when 3DRealms closed

Link please.

User is offline   KareBear 

View PostYou, on Feb 24 2010, 11:18 PM, said:

Even worse than just being a small amount of Duke nukem forever that was complete and playable, all sequences in that clip where specifically made for the trailer and all the game play was just script.

Scott admited this when 3DRealms closed. None of what was in that trailer was actually gameplay that was finished.

Muxer

You dont know what you are talking about.Scott said no such thing.A former Dnf developer that was not around when it was made said so on the somethingawful forums but another former Dnf dev Charile Wiederhold came in to defend it and tell him he was wrong.

View PostYou, on Feb 24 2010, 04:18 PM, said:

Muxer

I don't think that's true.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

People need to stop perpetuating misinformation.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 25 February 2010 - 12:10 PM

User is offline   You 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Feb 25 2010, 01:10 PM, said:

People need to stop perpetuating misinformation.

Post has been edited.

Your signature is apt!

Muxer

User is offline   robotman5 

i want it to but you know. :(

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostYou, on Feb 25 2010, 04:32 PM, said:

Post has been edited.

Your signature is apt!

Muxer

Yeah, you didnt remove the misinformation. Scott never said that the 2001 trailer was staged, and it wasnt.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jun 9 2010, 03:07 PM, said:

Yeah, you didnt remove the misinformation. Scott never said that the 2001 trailer was staged, and it wasnt.

Too right!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options