Duke4.net Forums: More screen resolutions for EDuke32? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More screen resolutions for EDuke32?

User is offline   Enjay 

I hope this is in the right place. I couldn't see a specific feature request thread. If it's in the wrong place, I apologise.

Could EDuke32 be altered to recognise more screen resolutions? The list in the little startup window doesn't list my preferred option (1920x1200), nor does the game setup menu. However, the game does support it because if I force it by typing the values into the config file, it works. However it only works if I disable the startup window, which I'd rather not do. If I don't disable it, when I start the game it resets the resolution to whatever value was displayed in the startup window.

I know that my system supports far more resolution options that EDuke32 makes apparent when it is running so I was wondering if it could be altered to include all supported resolutions? I don't know how to do it, but I know that it is possible to interrogate a system to find out which modes it supports and then display them as options.

For info, my system is running Vista 64 bit and my graphics card is a GeForce GTX 285

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Enjay: 05 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

1920x1200 should be available as long as the fullscreen option is enabled... all of the modes presented are those which the system says are supported, but all of the ones listed for windowed mode will be lower resolutions than the desktop res.

User is offline   Enjay 

Well, don't I feel silly now. You are quite correct. Ticking the fullscreen option gave me additional options including 1920x1200. I was sure that I'd tried that in the past. In fact, I could have sworn that I wasn't using fullscreen because I couldn't find my proper resolution in fullscreen mode so running it in a 4:3 window was better. Obviously that wasn't the case though.

Thanks. :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options