• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke's Back!  "Let's just get it done"

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Feb 15 2010, 05:33 PM, said:

Who are you to demand anything from me?
And I believe I already stated that it looks like a joke?

Who are you to demand DNF George Brussard? (Its a valid point)

Also that hardly looks like a joke, that Desert Eagle looks awesome.

User is offline   Geoffrey 

It kinda looks like a render from some 3d program as well, since there's no more scenery than that bar and there's some heavy shadows to cover that fact up.

User is offline   necroslut 

Yeah, it looks like a render. Though I won't complain if it's real, I take all the Duke I can get. <_<

User is offline   TURBOKID 

View PostGeoffrey, on Feb 19 2010, 01:22 AM, said:

It kinda looks like a render from some 3d program as well, since there's no more scenery than that bar and there's some heavy shadows to cover that fact up.

That would be because there is fuck all of the game. It's empty. There is only two levels. One complete and one not. This is the "Not" And if it was "a render from some 3d program" There would be a lot more in there.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postchrisssteeven, on Feb 23 2010, 01:57 PM, said:

Hi

So the water is enterable but not swimable or neither? Some objects blocking the player from entering the water would've been more handy I reckon..
Now how i get that.

Have a good day.

lolwut?

Anyway, nice shot, I couldn't see it due to the fact that I guess it uses ImageShack but it looks good for being incomplete. 2 years is a long time to work on something so kudos for you guys sticking with it.

I can see why you'd say that, but the fact that the gun has no shading at all IIRC makes me think otherwise, unless it was just forgotten to be added. ^o^

Nice shot non-the-less. <_<

User is offline   lawl 

Thats awesome!
Is the project in progress?

User is offline   lawl 

Is this mod in progress?

Sorry for double post -.-

This post has been edited by Atlas555: 26 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

View PostAtlas555, on Mar 26 2010, 02:28 PM, said:

Is this mod in progress?

Sorry for double post -.-

If you are asking about Duke Nukem Meltdown the answer is yes.
If your asking about the other one i highly doubt it.

User is offline   lawl 

View PostDISRUPTOR, on Mar 26 2010, 06:32 PM, said:

If you are asking about Duke Nukem Meltdown the answer is yes.
If your asking about the other one i highly doubt it.

I mean Meltdown.

What do you think, when is the game finish?

Btw. what engine use the game?

On the picture, the graphics are nice!

I'm on 3rd month of picking away in my spare time. (like 2-3 hours per week) because I have a life, a wife, a real job and kids to raise. They come before Duke.

Once I make some kind of progress I'll post it, but not before I have something worth while.
Learning as I go, stumbling here and there.
I will not insult Duke fans with a B.S. fake renderings or non-game play video.

User is offline   lawl 

View Postcanada4duke, on Mar 29 2010, 06:12 AM, said:

I'm on 3rd month of picking away in my spare time. (like 2-3 hours per week) because I have a life, a wife, a real job and kids to raise. They come before Duke.

I have a life, too <_<

Found my new favorite toy, trying to get up to speed on it for past few weekends.
Why do I like it - cross platform and browser based (distribute shareware via browser game = drool)
and WAAY freaking easier to work with than UDK!
The dev tools and fps game demo works on my little netbook with intel integrated graphics - works kind of ok, but really looks sweet on my main desktop system 512MB ati, quad core intel.
-
UDK is just too much of a pig on resources. Unity creates a game that can play on high end systems, in a browser, on netbooks, on iphone, on wii and mac osx. - dam that's a good chunk of sales channels. Getting rated #4 dev engine (right behind cry engine) doesn't hurt either.
-
http://www.develop-online.net/features/516...ES-NO4-Unity-3D
-
I'd rather a game that can run on 'any machine made after y2k' than min spec 2GB ram, 1GB video card
-
http://unity3d.com/unity/features/
-
Check out the demo fps.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pergv344HIk...feature=related
-
Right now working on building a really basic 3 room walk around map (solid color walls, no textures), just to get the feel of things.

View Postcanada4duke, on Mar 29 2010, 06:12 AM, said:

I will not insult Duke fans with a B.S. fake renderings or non-game play video.

If you have something to say i suggest you come right out and say it. Because as far as i am concerned what you "Claim" to be doing is BS. There is no evidence whatsoever. Just your "Word"
This is where i say "Screenshots or it didn't happen"

User is offline   z0mb1e 

Unity's graphics seem kind of dated. It looks like its trying to be a cross of FPS Creator and UE3, and that doesn't work too well. Performance is good though.

This post has been edited by z0mb1e: 08 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

View Postz0mb1e, on Apr 8 2010, 06:19 PM, said:

Unity's graphics seem kind of dated. It looks like its trying to be a cross of FPS Creator and UE3, and that doesn't work too well. Performance is good though.

How good is this engine???sweet ass trailer! powered by unity3d!
This Dec - sweet game!
PS - the editor is as easy or easier to use than mapster32 - once you get used to the object management system

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

and community driven - this is exactly what type of project I had in mind - dam - got beaten to punch

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

If I were Disruptor, I'd keep quiet about his project (though it does look freaking awesome!). There is a looooonnnnnng history of people using the Unreal and Source Engines for Duke games and getting shut down by 3DR.

Unity is a cool little engine, but it's mainly for web based stuff and iPhone games from what I've heard.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 18 May 2010 - 08:44 AM

View PostTea Monster, on May 18 2010, 12:38 PM, said:

If I were Disruptor, I'd keep quiet about his project (though it does look freaking awesome!). There is a looooonnnnnng history of people using the Unreal and Source Engines for Duke games and getting shut down by 3DR.

Unity is a cool little engine, but it's mainly for web based stuff and iPhone games from what I've heard.

New unity version - brings DX9/DX10, high quality rendering. the new one smokes everything out there.

• Polymancer

View Postcanada4duke, on May 19 2010, 12:26 PM, said:

New unity version - brings DX9/DX10, high quality rendering. the new one smokes everything out there.

I saw some of the vids on youtube and they do look sweet. Guess it's come on then!

User is offline   z0mb1e 

View Postcanada4duke, on May 11 2010, 05:16 PM, said:

How good is this engine???sweet ass trailer! powered by unity3d!
This Dec - sweet game!
PS - the editor is as easy or easier to use than mapster32 - once you get used to the object management system

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

and community driven - this is exactly what type of project I had in mind - dam - got beaten to punch

It looks about on-par with F.E.A.R. the First one.

View Postcanada4duke, on May 19 2010, 03:26 PM, said:

From what I've seen of the new unity version, it looks like a ripoff of Unreal Engine 3. And I'm pretty damn sure it doesn't smoke everything out there, or even a lot of what's out there.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I remember playing the Avert Fate concept FPS game, and the graphics on maximum settings were really good! I assume this new version of Unity can only be better than the last one.

• Polymancer

Check this out - http://unity3d.com/s...als/fpstutorial

I'm not a coder, but DAYYY-YYYYYAAAM! It can't be THAT easy?

It's all a bit sad really, where the Duke modding community would be if we just could use other engines. Light mapping, Full OpenGL 2, full collision detection...

Sigh...

Oh, I noticed that the freeware version dosen't have dynamic shadows. Just saying.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 21 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

View PostTea Monster, on May 22 2010, 02:50 AM, said:

Check this out - http://unity3d.com/s...als/fpstutorial

I'm not a coder, but DAYYY-YYYYYAAAM! It can't be THAT easy?

It's all a bit sad really, where the Duke modding community would be if we just could use other engines. Light mapping, Full OpenGL 2, full collision detection...

Sigh...

Oh, I noticed that the freeware version dosen't have dynamic shadows. Just saying.

-
a tiny little tease just 4 u guys
still working on player-enemy models
I took a break to at least let everyone know I am still in the game (slow as freaking molasses)
but.... Just for the duke community here is 25mins of work and 45 sec to pack into exe file.
Nothing special - but its something right?

Next on my todo list teleports!

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/4175/...-a-certain-area

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postcanada4duke, on Jul 12 2010, 12:53 PM, said:

-
a tiny little tease just 4 u guys
still working on player-enemy models
I took a break to at least let everyone know I am still in the game (slow as freaking molasses)
but.... Just for the duke community here is 25mins of work and 45 sec to pack into exe file.
Nothing special - but its something right?

Hey, I'd really like to see it, but I can't get it to work....

Data folder not found:

There should be 'HH-ROOF-TEASE_Data'
folder next to the executable

I even downloaded the Unity3D editor trial(which I'm not sure was necessary), and I still get the error message. Help, please? :)

View PostDuke Rocks, on Jul 12 2010, 05:58 PM, said:

Hey, I'd really like to see it, but I can't get it to work....

I even downloaded the Unity3D editor trial(which I'm not sure was necessary), and I still get the error message. Help, please? :)

#$^ #%^5 #$^#$5 $^%&%^^ - missed a check box on build
here's the exe and missing folder

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postcanada4duke, on Jul 13 2010, 05:35 AM, said:

#$^ #%^5 #$^#$5 $^%&%^^ - missed a check box on build
here's the exe and missing folder

Thanks!

If that is a result of 25 minutes worth of work, imagine what you'll be able to achieve in 13 years!! :) :)

No, seriously, it really is a promising start and I can't wait to see more! I really hope you keep at it. The unity engine seems like the perfect match for a fan-made Duke tribute!

View PostDuke Rocks, on Jul 13 2010, 09:07 AM, said:

Thanks!

If that is a result of 25 minutes worth of work, imagine what you'll be able to achieve in 13 years!! :) :)

No, seriously, it really is a promising start and I can't wait to see more! I really hope you keep at it. The unity engine seems like the perfect match for a fan-made Duke tribute!

Thanks, please note floor & fencing is just a basic texture, really should have been 3d models of individual wood strips and 3d model of fence. but as I said, that is the only time I will make something that kinda copies D3D. I want mine original, but fark why does original take so freaking long.

My new fav unity add on - cuz you know Duke loves to blow sh%^ up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh-vctBPRxc...e=youtube_gdata

This post has been edited by canada4duke: 13 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

View PostDuke Rocks, on Jul 13 2010, 05:07 AM, said:

Thanks!

Oh god you are groverling!

View Postblackharted, on Jul 13 2010, 11:20 AM, said:

Oh god you are groverling!

groverling???????

Peter Griffin - Well you are a festizio! See, I can make up words too, sister

Damn just screwed the quote again!
Can't a guy make 1 spelling mistake!!!

This post has been edited by blackharted: 13 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options