Duke4.net Forums: AVP2 TC - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AVP2 TC  "In progress"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostLAW, on Nov 27 2009, 03:47 AM, said:

Ok, you can see a screenshot on the MSDN.

But I have another small problem here. I think about implementing global music in a few locations. The player should be able to hear the music globally within the 60000 Build grid units. What is the best and the quickest way to get it done? So far I only have the waterbubblemaker pursuing the player and making the soundonce all the time, but it isn't exactly what I wanted to implement.

Isnt there a con/script command for changing the midi music track based on whatever such and such coding? Couldnt you do that somehow with cons and the SE's and then use the high quality music functionality from Eduke to overwrite the midi?

User is offline   LAW 

Of course I want to do that in Dos Duke, not eDuke. Starship Troopers did that :)

• Judge Mental

View PostLAW, on Nov 27 2009, 03:59 AM, said:

Of course I want to do that in Dos Duke, not eDuke. Starship Troopers did that :)

It's your project and all that, no big deal there, but how come? Im pretty sure just about everyone plays with a modern port by now.(though admittedly i've been playing Duke 1.3 with Dosbox just to get the really old school feeling.) It would make things easier to have many of Eduke's features at your disposal. Just saying, its no big deal. :)

User is offline   LAW 

I will release something very soon. Stay tuned <_<

User is offline   LAW 

Avp2 TC which is IMO much better than the first one will be released in two weeks!

User is offline   Spiker 

O w mordę, aż się zsikałem z radości <_<

Good that it's not going to be released on April 1st <_<

Nice =D lookin forward to it!

• Judge Mental

Can't wait to see whatcha got there LAW. :P

User is offline   LAW 

I am waiting for Rusty's beta test results. The levels are probably bug-free, but I just wanted to discuss some features with Alien fan. Anyway, if he doesn't give me an info tomorrow then I will release it just after the weekend.

Glad to hear^^

View PostLAW, on Apr 8 2010, 02:15 PM, said:

I am waiting for Rusty's beta test results. The levels are probably bug-free, but I just wanted to discuss some features with Alien fan. Anyway, if he doesn't give me an info tomorrow then I will release it just after the weekend.

If you'd need more help with beta testing, I'm gladly to help you. I'm in easter holidays now and I have nothing to do these days.

User is offline   LAW 

Thanks. Rusty did well :P Now I only wait for single pic, which isn't crucial. So it is VERY close.

View PostLAW, on Apr 10 2010, 04:09 PM, said:

Thanks. Rusty did well :P Now I only wait for single pic, which isn't crucial. So it is VERY close.

Glad to hear! I can't wait for it^^

User is offline   LAW 

Aren't you the Amund from the old AMC forums.

Heh, Mikko will be reviewing it for a week as usual :P

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostLAW, on Apr 10 2010, 10:12 PM, said:

Yaay! ^^ Congratulations on being so close!

View PostLAW, on Apr 10 2010, 04:12 PM, said:

Aren't you the Amund from the old AMC forums.

Me? Nope always been insane_metalhead. My previous name was dcxboxfreak.

Hi! I just saw that your AvP2 TC got released on MSDN. Congrats! What I've seen so far I liked, the only thing is that eDuke32 crashed every time I fire a weapon on something that isn' an enemy. Any help with this would be great!

User is offline   4mikio2 

Ok.

TerminX blocked my account, so this is probably my last post.

My mod works with Duke v.1.5, works with Jonof's port, with Ben Smit's port and Rancid Meat's port. The cocnslusion is obvoius, but I don't want another flame war. During my tests with Eduke32, everything was fine, expect of random crash on 16-bit vocs.

User is online   zykov eddy 

View PostSalaciusCrumb, on Apr 22 2010, 07:29 AM, said:

Hi! I just saw that your AvP2 TC got released on MSDN. Congrats! What I've seen so far I liked, the only thing is that eDuke32 crashed every time I fire a weapon on something that isn' an enemy. Any help with this would be great!

Yeah, i have the same stuff.

And some annoying pictures:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 1.jpg

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

My EDuke32 version is from January 22 and I didn't run into any problems.

User is offline   Spiker 

I used the latest and no problems either.

User is offline   Jblade 

I got the crashing problem...but I used an older snapshot because I thought it was a newer problem or something :P The bit I played was good in anycase! The only thing I did wrong was by Mikko's review I assumed that the ammo you got at the start was ALL you got so I melee'd all the human enemies I found until I saw a bunch of speargun ammo. I really like the art style you've managed to achieve with all the textures you've used and stuff.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

It's probably the old sound crash that everyone complained about and it got fixed awhile back.

User is offline   Cage 

I'm playing with official one (avalaible on the homepage) and no problems.

As for the mod it's good, I love the well established atmosphere - the bright orange sky with the dark enviroment works really well. While I don't like the mismatched enemies (the graphical styles vary a lot), the texture choices are good ale work well together (I only didn't like the alien hive/whatever textures). The gameplay is quite good, I've read the review first so I conserved ammo(Once I discovered I have almost full ammo for the plasma cannon I kept using only it, almost), and didn't have to really. I was playing on skill 2, though, and it was pretty easy if you're cautious. I only didn't like the predator battle which was tedious and boring for me, I guess it's not fun shooting at the sky randomly hoping the guy's there :P

I don't understand why not use E32? You could make even more 'predator' features and make them work a lot more well, I think working with 1.4/1.5 and using hackish methods (like quotes for displaying sprites) is pointless with all the features Eduke provides.

Tried now with Eduke, and I can say that's damn impressive !
The "Race War" level is amazing, perhaps a bit linear, but in spite of this I got lost a couple of time, silly me.
Like Cage, I disliked the "alien hive" texture, but perhaps I'm too used to the basic greenish alien textures of duke. The "tense mood" of the movies is quite perfect and I was very cautious after I spotted the first Facehugger (damn, they're sick !).
Too bad the final battle was VERY boring, to the point that after a few minutes I've simply give up. Definitely, that almost invisible Predator was not a good idea as boss.

User is offline   necroslut 

It kept crashing for me too (I'm using the e32 snapshot that comes with the latest DukePlus). The weird thing is that I played it on another computer using the same version, without any crashes. Looks good, though.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options