Duke4.net Forums: Blood Dosbox Launcher For Xp and Vista - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood Dosbox Launcher For Xp and Vista

Skulldog. I just stumbled upon the PC Download of Blood off of Atari's site (age-gated). Will there be an update to support Atari's download of Blood?

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostDustFalcon85, on 10 April 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Skulldog. I just stumbled upon the PC Download of Blood off of Atari's site (age-gated). Will there be an update to support Atari's download of Blood?

Only if it is DRM free. Did you buy it? And if so, does it run on dosbox?

View PostSkulldog, on 10 April 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Only if it is DRM free. Did you buy it? And if so, does it run on dosbox?

Nope. I didn't buy it since I already have the GOG.com and the Physical CD, so there's no reason for me buying it off of the Atari store. It was a "what if" scenario if someone bought Blood: OUW off of the store from Atari. Then decides to use the launcher w/ it. It didn't mention if it's DRM-free or not. So I think it is DRM-free.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 11 April 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Nope. I didn't buy it since I already have the GOG.com and the Physical CD, so there's no reason for me buying it off of the Atari store. It was a "what if" scenario if someone bought Blood: OUW off of the store from Atari. Then decides to use the launcher w/ it. It didn't mention if it's DRM-free or not. So I think it is DRM-free.

I will buy a copy today and check it out.

Turns out. It is the Original v1.0 GOG version installer. I'll add support for again.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 11 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Blood Dosbox Launcher V5.1 available.

Changelog

V5.1 4-11-2013
Added support for Atari.com Download version. Which is the same as the original GOG v1.0 Installer.

http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

Glad that I pointed that out for you! :)

View PostDustFalcon85, on 13 April 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

Glad that I pointed that out for you! :)

I'm going to add new way to install the GOG and Atari versions. It's going to search for the gog or Atari install location and copy files to the directory of the launcher location. This will go for the other launchers as well. And for the Duke 3d launcher it will search the steam install location and copy over the addons. When they add the other addons to steam, I will add them to the launcher too.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 13 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Thank you Skulldog! I'm having such a blast playing through Blood again after all these years. It's tied with Duke 3d and Doom 2 as my favourite shooters ever and thanks to your launcher, it's the first time I've been able to play it properly on modern hardware. There's still nothing else like it. Cheers!

User is offline   Lunick 

I just like blowing up stuff in Blood using the TNT or Napalm Launcher :)

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 13 April 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Thank you Skulldog! I'm having such a blast playing through Blood again after all these years. It's tied with Duke 3d and Doom 2 as my favourite shooters ever and thanks to your launcher, it's the first time I've been able to play it properly on modern hardware. There's still nothing else like it. Cheers!

Your welcome> :)

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 14 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Skulldog. Just ran into a new problem. When I make changes to the Detail, Gamma, Mouse Sensitivity under the Options menu in the game (ex The main Blood Game w/ Plasma Pak and Cryptic Passage). Those settings doesn't carry over to the TC's and User Maps. Not to mention the AutoRun is on. When you change those settings in the Options menu while playing the Rage Against the Machine TC. It stays that way. Then you play a different TC or User Map, those options reset.

At least saving your control settings in Setup and click Save Config works. Those settings carry over in Blood w/ Plasma, Cryptic Passage, TC's and User Levels just fine. But not the in-game options of Detail, Gamma, Mouse Sensitivity and Autorun unfortunately.

EDIT & UPDATE: Tried using the GOG and CD-ROM versions of Blood and the in-game options still won't carry over to the TC's and user maps. However, the Duke, Redneck and (maybe) Shadow Warrior DOSBox launchers doesn't have this in-game options carry over bug.

Speaking of CD-Rom. I put OWU disc and the launcher didn't have that auto-detect and install like the other DOS Launchers. Will you include that in the 5.2 Blood Launcher update to include all the options in the installation except the TEN files like the other launchers? Like this pic:

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 18 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

I will check that out.

If you are playing ouwb and you make changes in game it will only change the blood.cfg in the BLOOD121 folder.
The Launcher has no way to know you made the change in game. When you run setup the launcher copies the Blood.cfg
to all the other folders to match the blood.cfg changes you made in setup because, the launcher knows when you run setup.

Don't want to make it copy the Blood.cfg to all folders every time you run the game.

You can do this: Go to play a map. Launch a map. Make changes you want in game. Exit the game. Then go to
video and sound. Press Save Config Button. Wait about 5 sec. Then press the Default Button.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 18 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostSkulldog, on 18 April 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

You can do this: Go to play a map. Launch a map. Make changes you want in game. Exit the game. Then go to
video and sound. Press Save Config Button. Wait about 5 sec. Then press the Default Button.

That did it! Thanks. That step should be included in the how-to-install section of the Blood Dosbox Launcher.txt in the next update.

UPDATE: I screwed up the BloodLauncher shortcut icon by running it in Administrator Mode. Had to uninstall it to get rid of the shield icon. Now I get an shortcut icon of a sheet of paper w/ a window inside w/ icons inside the window. At least clicking on the icon brings up the Blood Launcher menu and the game runs fine. Had it installed to (as usual) C:\GAMES\GOG\One Whole Unit Blood

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait till the icon's back to normal again w/o the Admin shield.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 21 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 21 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

That did it! Thanks. That step should be included in the how-to-install section of the Blood Dosbox Launcher.txt in the next update.

UPDATE: I screwed up the BloodLauncher shortcut icon by running it in Administrator Mode. Had to uninstall it to get rid of the shield icon. Now I get an shortcut icon of a sheet of paper w/ a window inside w/ icons inside the window. At least clicking on the icon brings up the Blood Launcher menu and the game runs fine. Had it installed to (as usual) C:\GAMES\GOG\One Whole Unit Blood

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait till the icon's back to normal again w/o the Admin shield.

I'm working on making the cd-rom install like Duke and Shadow warrior Launchers. I check that icon problem too.

New Blood Dosbox Launcher V5.2 5-24-2013

Blood Dosbox Launcher no longer gets installed in GOG One Unit Whole Blood folder. Install
Blood Dosbox Launcher in a separate folder by itself.
New CD-installation method. Copies and Extracts the files over to Blood Dosbox folder.
New GOG\ATARI-installation method. Copies the files over to Blood Dosbox folder.
Removed Default folder saves in favor of New Options Menu.
Renamed Video\Sound Menu to Option Settings Menu.
New Options Menu. Reprogramed with new options and works the way it should.
Fixed a few bugs.
Special Thanks to Daedolon at The Postmortem for helping me figure out how to extract
the files from cd-rom's to speed up install methods for cd-rom installs.

Nice job on the Blood Launcher! I think the GOG.com version didn't come w/ the intros like the Monolith logo & the GT Interactive logo. Anyways, I found a new way to use the settings across the user maps and TCs. Under Blood Setup when you made adjustments to your settings in the Setup and launch the game launches w/ the midi music. Apply the mouse settings, turn the auto run off and so on in the game. Then exit the game and go to Options in the launcher menu then make your settings there then click Apply and Save!

So which launcher you're working on next Skulldog?

Duke3d Dosbox Launcher and Shadow Warrior after it is put on steam. I got to do a small update to Redneck Rampage Custom menu.

Found an article a/b a fix to the glitch that causes the damage output done by enemies to change when loading a save on Still Kicking, Pink on the Inside, and Extra Crispy difficulty: http://www.gog.com/f...ding_fix_inside

UPDATE: Found another article a/b Blood on 1280X1024 running smoothly. If the next update contains a setup config file mode w/ those options set.: http://www.gog.com/f..._you_know/page1

Will these be implemented in the next update?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 25 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'll look into it. I tried the dosbox svn one but it did not work. It crashed.

V5.3 6-26-2013

Added Brightness control in Options.
Added Mouse Sensitivity control in Options.
Added Mouse X-axis control in Options.
Added Mouse Y-axis control in Options.
Added Dosbox memsize control in Options.
Fixed a few bugs.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 28 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

Found a problem w/ the Blood Launcher 5.3. This window options has that gray space. However the Redneck Launcher's window options works fine. Happened on using this new laptop I have w/ Win 7 Pro. This didn't happen on soon-to-be-retired desktop. BTW Happy Birthday Skulldog!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 26 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 26 July 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

Found a problem w/ the Blood Launcher 5.3. This window options has that gray space. However the Redneck Launcher's window options works fine. Happened on using this new laptop I have w/ Win 7 Pro. This didn't happen on soon-to-be-retired desktop. BTW Happy Birthday Skulldog!

That's odd, I will check tgat out. And Thanks! :P :P :D

User is offline   irukanjji 

Hey Skulldog,, can you add a way to play this awesome blood pack BMEsBloodMapPack2013

Thanks

This post has been edited by irukanjji: 21 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

View Postirukanjji, on 21 August 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

All you have to do is put the naps in the folder called maps, and the maps will show up in Play a Map menu.

View PostSkulldog, on 22 August 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

All you have to do is put the naps in the folder called maps, and the maps will show up in Play a Map menu.

I say that, because all or almost all, have a bat and a ini file

View Postirukanjji, on 22 August 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

I say that, because all or almost all, have a bat and a ini file

You can put them in a custom folder and launch them from custom addons. Just add a new folder in custom folder,
then put you custom map and associate files into the new folder. Then run it from custom addons.

View PostSkulldog, on 23 August 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

You can put them in a custom folder and launch them from custom addons. Just add a new folder in custom folder,
then put you custom map and associate files into the new folder. Then run it from custom addons.

Thanks m8

When's 5.4 coming out w/ the CD music volume in the options menu?

View PostDustFalcon85, on 08 September 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

When's 5.4 coming out w/ the CD music volume in the options menu?

Later this week.

5.4 available now.

Changelog for Blood Dosbox Launcher

V5.4 9-12-2013
Added CD Music Volume control.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Skulldog, Check out this fan-made Blood 1.22 that fixes the damage glitch on a few difficulties that changers the damage out put when reloading a save: http://www.the-postm...&p=50816#p50816

Cool, I try it out.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options