Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem PS1 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem PS1  "Duke Nukem Total Meltdown"

User is offline   Nfelli64 

• Touched by the Banhammer

Hello, I have been on AMC web forums for a month now and desided to come over to duke4 and to post a mod that I need extreme help with. I am working on a total meltdown tc or mod for the pc you can view some of it here: [insert link in future] and some sprites VERY high quality except for the door.If anyone is willing to help then please reply or email me. I currently have (1) level designer HELLFIRE.

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 07 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Good call on including the original Duke3d.GRP which is both illegal and not needed. :facepalm:
I can't even believe I wasted my time and bandwith on this.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 07 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 7 2009, 05:09 PM, said:

Good call on including the original Duke3d.GRP which is both illegal and not needed. :facepalm:
I can't even believe I wasted my time and bandwith on this.

Oh sorry forgot to remove that :/ that will be delt with immediatly

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Well I look at the mod, first I swapped over to 32 bit mode to turn on anything high res (figuring, y'know, what the hell) and the game locked up. Im not sure what thats about.

So I looked through the stuff the old fashioned way, and it doesnt really seem you've done much at this point. Not a knock, just an observation.

I swear there was someone who just posted on here about converting the PS1 font over. I'd say get in touch with that guy, get that as part of your mod... and get some of the more major sprite work done. The basic enemies (Pigcop and trooper) are different in the PS1 version, as well as some of the sounds. Then you'll have something of a mod here.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Nfelli64, I say you need to put this on the back burner until you are bit more confident and more knowledgeable in modding Duke, from the posts I have seen on AMC you seem to come across as one of these many people that say. "Im making a Duke mod!!!" but have no idea how to do anything and request help with everything. (That's a quick way to failure)

I don't mean to sound harsh but thats the way I see it.

View PostThe Commander, on Sep 7 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

I don't mean to sound harsh but thats the way I see it.

Well yes the mod is becoming more deep with me and I only requested help becuase well I know alot of you are better than me since I say again and again my con coding sucks. I learn and review every night with con right now I am almost done with my small test project Duke Nukem Mobile 3D

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 8 2009, 09:37 PM, said:

Well yes the mod is becoming more deep with me and I only requested help becuase well I know alot of you are better than me since I say again and again my con coding sucks. I learn and review every night with con right now I am almost done with my small test project Duke Nukem Mobile 3D

Oh, that sounds interesting. Any plans to release that, for us that doesn't have a phone that can run heavy games?

View Postnecroslut, on Sep 9 2009, 08:13 AM, said:

Oh, that sounds interesting. Any plans to release that, for us that doesn't have a phone that can run heavy games?

No its for the pc it is the mobile version converted to pc, but thats not a bads idea to release a mod to a phone :blink: ...

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 09 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

Duke Nukem Mobile was a horrible game, I have no idea how you would convert that to a PC mod any how.

View PostThe Commander, on Sep 9 2009, 05:18 PM, said:

Duke Nukem Mobile was a horrible game...

Well it wasnt horrible horrible but it just didnt have many features to the game saying the the shotgun didnt reload and the pistol didnt either and not enough weapons and slow gameplay well I can go on and on about its features being bad but I always loved the new artwork the first 2 levels were alright and the pig holding a newspaper was ok i guess... and trust me I found a way to convert it into a mod :blink:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

How are you ripping the art? Straight out of screenshots, or what?

User is offline   HellFire 

I saw some of his rips and it was a dissapointment, theyre blurry and have strange resolutions. I second what commander said, you need more knowledge to do these things. Also sorry to say this but me and ilovfoxes, we will do or own duke ps1 mod, cuz we found you unable to help in anything.
BTW im already working on trackside tragedy map and its coming nicely.

This post has been edited by HellFire: 10 September 2009 - 11:55 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Well, I felt strange to read that Hellfire was working under Nfelli64. I know that Hellfire is a very experienced mapper, while Nfelli64 is (no offense) a newbie in terms of modding.

Hellfire is taking the head on that project, he started the remake of the maps and ripping tiles. I will provide him as much coding as necessary. Also Total Meltdown pretty obvious just used the normal limited CON code. This mod will probable be released as an non-Eduke mod.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 9 2009, 09:32 PM, said:

No its for the pc it is the mobile version converted to pc, but thats not a bads idea to release a mod to a phone :o ...

Yes, I understood that. Since I don't have a powerful mobile phone I'd like to be able to play it through on a computer.

View PostHellFire, on Sep 10 2009, 11:49 AM, said:

I saw some of his rips and it was a dissapointment...

I dont want to sound like a ass but Yeah WTF? and not to sound stupid but THOSE WERE LITTLE TESTS! I fixed the door (looking very nice) and the pig fiction poster is fixed and I got the pig sounds done and ILOVEFOXES I am quite experienced with modding I have learned alot about con over 1 month before I tried tried to start this thing! even along time ago I tried to do a duke 64 mod until I figured you were doing one.

User is offline   NNC 

I'm eagerly awaiting for this. I've played a remake of Gates Motel a couple of years ago, but it was terrible. IMO Trackside Tragedy is a great level that needs to be played on the PC. I'm also in the minority who actually likes the first level.

However I don't recommend to put effort into the modified Liztroops and Pigs (not included the dressed/zombie/punk Pigs, which were great additions) as they are perfectly normal in their original state.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 11 2009, 03:57 PM, said:

I dont want to sound like a ass but Yeah WTF? and not to sound stupid but THOSE WERE LITTLE TESTS! I fixed the door (looking very nice) and the pig fiction poster is fixed and I got the pig sounds done and ILOVEFOXES I am quite experienced with modding I have learned alot about con over 1 month before I tried tried to start this thing! even along time ago I tried to do a duke 64 mod until I figured you were doing one.

Pics or it didn't happen.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 11 2009, 02:00 PM, said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

If you created a mod and figured someone already did it dont you think you would have deleted it :o
although I still have one sprite of a pig cop that I think is from my duke 64? but the levels are long gone

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 4A9B11C24EF556EB09B6AAD2EA332933.png

This post has been edited by Nfelli64: 11 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Maybe I should have clarified:

fixed the door (looking very nice) and the pig fiction poster is fixed

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 11 2009, 02:25 PM, said:

Maybe I should have clarified:

oh ok here the door should be proof enough:

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It just looks really blurry and dark. It doesn't have the pop it does in the game. I really recommend against ripping from screenshots, it'll just get the perspective wrong and it looks like crap. For example, the resolution isn't even a multiplier of two, like it probably should be.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Yeah, get a tool to rip the stuff out.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 11 2009, 04:57 PM, said:

I still feel the door still is not good enought to be used in a mod. No offense, but it is just an screenshot from the front, and you should first clear the pixels if you don't have an emulator with nearest filter.

Myself I can't live without nearest filter:

Posted Image Posted Image

If you want an quality measure for that door, I can say that at least I would never use an image like that in my Duke 64 mod, I won't feel nothing like it's "real".

And I must say it would be a waste of time to lear CON if it's just for Total Meltdown (as the creators of the game didn't, since it's full of CON fails). It is pretty easy to do, there is no really new enemy code, except for Pig-in-a-Dress gradative firing which mean just changing some fewer lines. If you had that mod completed, I am pretty sure any modder there would do the CON for you.

In fact, I started making a simple CON for Hellfire, and just in one day it's worth to say 90% completed. Although, without properly enemy graphics, they are just a bunch of meaningless copied enemy codes.

This post has been edited by Ilovefoxes: 11 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Getting a psx sprite ripper is a job nobody out thier gives a decent review or how to use it! Isnt thier a emulator out there that has a tool like the project 64 emulator had one?

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 13 2009, 09:08 PM, said:

Getting a psx sprite ripper is a job nobody out thier gives a decent review or how to use it! Isnt thier a emulator out there that has a tool like the project 64 emulator had one?

Why did you even try make this project if you did not have the resources or knowledge is still beyond me... :facepalm:

View PostThe Commander, on Sep 13 2009, 05:42 AM, said:

Why did you even try make this project if you did not have the resources or knowledge is still beyond me... :facepalm:

I had a decent knowlegde or enough to do atleast art or code but if I remember correctly I have ripped sprites from a ps1 emulator before I just forget how I did it(IT was not a screenshot after screenshot!) but I forgot what tool I used.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostNfelli64, on Sep 13 2009, 12:41 PM, said:

but if I remember correctly I have ripped sprites from a ps1 emulator before I just forget how I did it(IT was not a screenshot after screenshot!) but I forgot what tool I used.

Are you sure, or did you mean you ripped from another game?

There are various programs to rip graphics from PS1 ISOs, but they should not work with TM.

I could say that TM more or less use an encrypted version of the ART files. Programs used to rip images from PS1 game would only work if TM was native from PS1, which it isn't. You can rip the videos and musics which are made for it, but not what was just taken from PC.

For comparison, Duke 64 engine was compretely rewrite, so you can rip graphics, sounds... but not maps, which clearly are .map files encrypted.

User is offline   NNC 

Why don't you guys simply contact with the author of the new levels and stuff? His name is Ian Boffin, aka Fuseball. I PMed him once, and he said he has all the stuff in original PC format, and promised he sends them to me "after Christmas" (2007). Hah.

User is offline   Fox 

I will try,

This post has been edited by Ilovefoxes: 13 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

View PostNancsi, on Sep 13 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

Why don't you guys simply contact with the author of the new levels and stuff? His name is Ian Boffin, aka Fuseball. I PMed him once, and he said he has all the stuff in original PC format, and promised he sends them to me "after Christmas" (2007). Hah.

Hm thats interesting sounds like a plan but 2007 is a a little while ago :o I guess it doesnt matter.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options