Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] SIKHL - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] SIKHL

User is offline   Paul B 

A map this good SHOULD NOT be a hard find. For some reason, this map gave me several minor heart attacks and I don't know if i'm getting too old to play this shit but this map totally freaked me out. Anyway I'm posting this here with a warning that it's not for the faint of heart. For those with photosensitive epilepsy or are simply sensitive to flashing lights and are planning to play the level be advised the strobe lights may trigger seizures. Now I'm off to change my Depends. Damn it Loke, amazing map!

https://www.dukemaps.net/sikhl/

This post has been edited by Paul B: 28 September 2024 - 09:09 PM

User is offline   slacker1 

I also played this one somewhat recently. Really great map! Definitely recommend as well.

MSDN review link as well: https://msdn.duke4.net/hotsikhl.php

Thanks this level is brilliant! Really glad I played it. Amazing texture work and also use of FOG. Detail is superb.

User is offline   Merlijn 

I'm glad this map gets its own thread, I recently played it and it's indeed fantastic! I agree that the atmosphere feels really tense, which is helped by the soundtrack and the great usage of atmospheric lightning. The side story with the blue clone is a nice extra, also the design work is really really good. Much recommended!

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 29 September 2024 - 04:49 AM

I really liked the slow build up, Quite enjoyed the area with no enemies. Yes the atmosphere is really brilliant.

User is offline   Aleks 

I've made a short write-up after playing the map a few months ago - here. Agree with you guys, it's a great and very "fresh" map. This reminds me though, I should play a lot more of Loke's older maps which I've never tried...

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostAleks, on 01 October 2024 - 06:12 AM, said:

I've made a short write-up after playing the map a few months ago - here. Agree with you guys, it's a great and very "fresh" map. This reminds me though, I should play a lot more of Loke's older maps which I've never tried...

If you're going to write the odd review for maps, why don't you write the review on my site rather than having them get lost in the forums. Just saying, PM me if you're interested! =)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 01 October 2024 - 08:20 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options