Duke4.net Forums: Is it normal that the reload animation is sprite based? (HRP+eduke32 WT, 3D Models ON) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is it normal that the reload animation is sprite based? (HRP+eduke32 WT, 3D Models ON)  "The weapon model is rendering at a higher fidelity, but with the relo"

User is offline   veknio 

Attached Image: 1.jpg

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 4.jpg

User is offline   Tekedon 

Nah, should be models for the reload too.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Not sure how, but widescreen replacements for the weapon sprites might be the culprit here.

User is offline   veknio 

Okay, im 99% that this is a bug and not in my part, this is my situation to the best of my knowledge so that anybody can recreate it on their system. I just did a fresh install of Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour on Steam. Latest build is 1435846, released on 02-November-2016 according to SteamDB, i tried the 5 different zips for the latest eduke32 (11-July-2024) from this link (my computer is x64 but i tested everything just in case for troubleshooting). Downloaded the Duke3D HRP v5.4 FULL SFX (986 MB) from here. Did the same steps for the installation of everything, i got it working all combined. WT launched through eduke32 with the textures/3d models ON, just like the pictures i uploaded on this thread. With the "dnweapons" cheat code on Episode 1 Level 1, i can say that: 1) the basic pistol changes to sprite only when reloading, shooting is fine. And 2) the freezethrower 3d model from HRP only appears when shooting, in idle state (not shooting) is the base sprite. The shotgun 3d model works at all times for example, shooting and reloading. No other thing i have installed with this fresh test. Only these 3 things (WT+eduke32+HRP)

User is offline   veknio 

But, after further testing, having downloaded like 30-40 edukes32 files from different dates, luckily the website has every single build for multiple years. So by dividing by 2 and choosing different periods, and by trial and error i narrowed it down. The "eduke32_win64_20200324-8784" from 24 March of 2020 works as expected with every gun including shooting/reloading, but you don't get the incinerator at all in the game (don't know why), and of course you don't receive the improvements of eduke32 in the last 4 years.

Anyway, from the next eduke32 version "eduke32_win64_20200329-8790" from 29 March of 2020 the pistol/freezethrower are bugged. To this very date of 15 July 2024. So the problem seems to be the recent versions of eduke32, not the HRP or WT edition.

This post has been edited by veknio: 15 July 2024 - 08:35 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

The changelog from builds 8785-8790 indicates that some adjustments were made for WT back then, including game logic and widescreen support.

What could be relevant for this specific issue could be this entry:

"Fix negative viewtypes to match what World Tour expects"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options