Duke4.net Forums: Who's left? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who's left?  "Roll call!"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

After all these years, who is still here?

What's going on in your lives?

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

I still visit here on a daily basis, though I am more active on Discord. This place is still the best one to catch with the newest Duke3D releases.

Overall, life is good. So far, this has been a good year for me.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

No one, we are all figments of your mind.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I won't leave this place even if I'm the only one who is left.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I'm here, got the page on daily rotation.. often just not logged in since it absolutely destroys mobile UI due to the admin panel stuff (I've misclicked various extra admin buttons enough times due to page loads shifting stuff around) or due to different devices, etc..
For me Ion Fury kept be busy from all duke stuff since 2015 until the release of aftershock. Moved to Saudi in late 2018 and been doing the cookie clicker grind there. I think the last real contribution I had time on outside of fury was the shadow warrior mapster scriptset.
Still got bunch of stuff I want to do but one at a time :)

User is offline   Lunick 

I delete spam threads and look at the cool projects people work on.

User is offline   Tekedon 

I lurk, mostly every day.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

https://voidpoint.io/terminx/eduke32/activity

User is offline   Mark 

I'm still here since the old 3DR site shut down. Was that 2009?

User is offline   X-Vector 

Well, the last news post on the legacy website is from 2013: https://legacy.3drealms.com/
Last post on the oldish message board was three years later: https://forums.3drea...newpost&t=39255
Then there was this: https://web.archive....s.3drealms.com/

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I'm glad to see some familiar faces still keeping the flame.

While it might be a slow process, I'm still at work on Atomic Crisis. I come on here to see what others are doing, as well as check out other maps every now and then. In an exciting turn of events, this October I'm getting married, so my Duking has been slow going lately.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I don't visit this forum very often these days. I'm slowly chipping away at maps in the AMC Squad Episode 5.

User is offline   dwtietz 

I'm here, but I spend most of my time in the discord, but I do still check in on these forums somewhat frequently, although most activity takes place in discord for sure.

How's life for me? Well, the Ion Jungle project that SPYmaps and I are working on is coming along rather well so far, but in general life is not so great... For almost two years now I've been having some mildly serious health issues and the doctors still don't know exactly what the issue is. All we've determined so far is that it appears to be a neurological issue, but what specifically remains unknown for now. The only good news is that we do know what isn't the issue... It isn't my heart, my arteries, or any of the essential organs in the chest/abdomen, so that much is good.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I'm not dead, yet!

User is offline   Aleks 

Alive and active (whenever possible) here! Life being quite good as well, especially professionally, which - unfortunately - means less time for Duke stuff. But I'm far from quitting or losing any inspiration!

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Active, but in slow motion...

User is offline   Perro Seco 

I'm here too, checking the forums quite often and playing some new and old user maps. I don't post as much as before because I'm trying to make a video game, one of those retro looking FPS, which is taking a lot longer than expected.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMicky C, on 08 June 2024 - 05:38 PM, said:

I don't visit this forum very often these days. I'm slowly chipping away at maps in the AMC Squad Episode 5.

I was wondering how'd you find the time. I guess once a mapper always a mapper =)

User is offline   Player Lin 

Wasting so many times on endless games that I never can be finished...and get lazy too.

Also get lazy to check forums nowadays...hanging on Discord servers definitely wasting a lot of time too. :P

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I think the forums being mostly dead has more to do with people being on discord and less to do with people leaving the community.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

It's because we're not posting enough memes on here
Posted Image

I'm still around, even though not as active as back in 2019 to 2022.

User is offline   MObreck 

I still peak in on occasion.

User is offline   juvenite 

Yeah I'm still around, just mostly lurking. Busy with a few projects going on.

I think the forums being mostly dead has more to do with people being on discord and less to do with people leaving the community.

Forum culture has been dying, unfortunately. I haven't been on many forums, actually I'd say Duke4 is the only one I've ever made any sort of presence in.
I've been around since 2015 I think, things were quite different back then for most of us I imagine, and many here are from way earlier than that.
Still, I have this lil' cozy feeling when visiting this forum. A shame this never got a proper mobile version and likely will never get.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by juvenite: 23 June 2024 - 09:17 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

I'm still hanging on as well. I try to at least read the newer threads even if I have been mostly very busy. It's really just easier to drop in on Discord with my phone when I'm on rounds or waiting pre/post Op than log in to the forums (the forums are not that mobile friendly).

I want to get back to posting more here and in other forums. Gotta do my part to keep the place lively. Also fuck me I hate how most posts on Discord are eventually gonna disappear in the ether.

User is offline   NNC 

As the IP is completely abandonded, and only the old guard is mapping, the end is inevitable. I had a little go for it early last year with ck3D's Blast Radius, but other than that, I had very little involvement with this game for like 5 years (even then: I was mostly playing the Duke World Tour or occasionally toying with the editor and making own versions of levels and such). Honestly, without these forums, I would probably have forgotten this game long-long ago.

This post has been edited by NNC: 05 July 2024 - 06:48 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's not true that "only the old guard" is mapping. Some of the newer mappers aren't visible to you though because they focus on maps for modding projects that don't have much presence on this old web forum.

Here's a good example:

https://www.youtube....@SPYmaps/videos

There's also AMC, and Alien Armageddon, and the upcoming serious sam TC, and others

This post has been edited by Danukem: 07 July 2024 - 02:50 PM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostDanukem, on 05 July 2024 - 02:52 PM, said:

That stuff looks absolutely gorgeous.

Technically still here, but not very often.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options