Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Impregnation Station! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Impregnation Station!  "My first Duke map in a while but I had fun making it!"

User is offline   JacketAU 

Hey everyone, here's my first map I've made in a while with the Duke base assets,
I've also made an Ion Fury map recently, I'll upload that on the relevant board!

This map is called Impregnation Station and I think that will speak for itself as you make your way through the level :P
I didn't make it overly long as to not wear or tire the player out, but still fun and explosive all the same I hope!
I really would love any and all critique so I can build better, bigger and more badass maps in the near future.

Right now I'm working on a second map following the same visual storytelling that's present here and I intend to expand on it further in terms of level design and scope.

I hope that you all enjoy your time playing through the station ;)

Attached File(s)

Passed the map though I did need to look in mapster to find out where to go. :D

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Untitled.jpg

Well done! I hope you had fun, even if you did get a little stumped :P

I think I know where.. but I hope it wasn't frustrating! :D

User is offline   Aleks 

Played the map, it clearly shouts "this is my first map!" from every corner, but it's not terrible. The layout is pretty cramped, but the gameplay squeezed in there is pretty challenging and balanced. The visual storytelling is, well, strong, and I like how it's all there with minimum amount of details. The design has all the possible newbie mistakes, texture #0 on some ceilings clearly seems like an overlook, also doom doors opening with the wrong wall orientation, flat and one-sided chick and stuff like that. The map is also extremely flat, even though there are some protrusions around which are a good thing. I like how there's an unlockable shortcut towards the end that interconnects the map a bit. It's also very small, took me less than 5 minutes to complete.

Hope that doesn't discourage you from further mapping efforts, I think this one might have been a bit too rushed and well, mapping usually takes some time to properly... bake. The ideas are there, just you need some more patience with the execution.

Yep like I said in my original post, it's an intentionally small and short map :) My IF map is 10x bigger and more complex :P

Funny how someone else had to look it up in mapster and you yourself flew through it, it shows how level design can trump some and be straightforward to others :P

What doors and texture #0 are you referring to so I can fix them please xD I've just opened my map and can't see any of these things you've mentioned, also what do you mean by 'flat and one sided chick and stuff like that' ?

I realize by texture #0 you mean the roof in the first area, that was intentional and I didn't realize it's taboo to use specific textures, but I've now changed it anyways :P I still can't find what you mean about the doors and 'chicks and stuff like that' though.

This post has been edited by JacketAU: 31 May 2024 - 04:42 PM

Hey everyone :D after taking on your feedback and critique I've done some major overhauls and expansions to the level and 'now' I'm genuinely happy with it and hope you will be too, I will continue with my next map now but still be watching this thread closely for any feedback and comments :D I've given it a lot more verticality, fixed all of what's been mentioned, added a lot of visual elements, a secret and a major new section of the map to close things off ;)

I also updated the README, thanking you all for your input and advice and detailing the changes I've made :)

I hope you enjoy yourselves!

Attached File(s)

I hope you all have had a great time playing my map especially with the new updates and I just want to say thank you for the comments and downloads so far!

This post has been edited by JacketAU: 31 May 2024 - 10:17 PM

Posted Image
https://streamable.com/6rnb79

Thanks for the babies! Any challengers? (1.1 version, "Damn I'm Good" difficulty)

This post has been edited by The Dildozer: 01 June 2024 - 03:36 AM

This was so fun watching you go for this time Dildozer!!! I challenge everyone else to beat it, on Damn I'm Good no less! I genuinely couldn't pull it off myself and I made the map!!

This post has been edited by JacketAU: 01 June 2024 - 03:44 AM

Version 1.2 with some subtle visual fixes and an updated readme is here for you all! NOW it's complete :P

Attached File(s)

Hey everyone! after TLOD's stream showcasing version 1 of my map I've now updated the latest version (and the README!) and fixed everything he mentioned, thank you very much for seeing the first iteration of my map TLOD, I'd love if you'd play through this version that's 'now' actually finally complete(????) of the map as it's way more detailed and expanded and I wish I could edit my original post with this rar but alas! XD

Please enjoy version 1.3 :)

Attached File(s)

Reuploaded my 0:29:69 run because Streamable sucks donkey dong:

https://youtu.be/Az3hlHRejNw

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options