Duke4.net Forums: Eduke32: Black textures on Polymer or Polymost - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke32: Black textures on Polymer or Polymost

User is offline   gaula92 

Hi there,

I have just build eduke32 from latest GIT sources, on GNU/Linux, using an x86_64 computer.

The resulting engine seems to work very well with the classic renderer, however, it shows some black textures with both the POLYMOST and POLYMER renderers, using Intel MESA driver (latest stable MESA, which is 24.0.1).

Is that expected? Seems to be related to lighting somehow.

I am asking because, if it's a driver problem, it should be reported to the MESA devs, but maybe it's an engine limitation with those fancy hardware renderers.

I am attaching a pic that shows the problem.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: msg647782677-64853.jpg

User is offline   gaula92 

Seems to be related to linear filtering, right?

The problem only seems to happen with linear filtering activated on any of the hardware renderers...

User is offline   Phredreeke 

If you want linear filtering try disabling palette emulation (r_usetileshades 0 in console from my recollection)

I noticed every 3 or 4 seconds that flickering lights sectors have an instant of pitch black. I'm still using r10166 Dec 25 2022 though.
Is it only black for you?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options