Duke4.net Forums: Your go-to news source(s)? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your go-to news source(s)?  "Where do you get your news?"

User is online   Dr.Panico 

So, where do you guys get the latest news?
Is there a single go-to source you use? Is it multiple sources?

Just mention where do you usually get your news, regardless of medium.
(Sorry if a topic like this already exists. Couldn't find anything on my search.)

Me, personally, I usually get my information regarding world affairs from Reuters and the Portal:Current Events section of Wikipedia. Sometimes I also check AP and BBC.
For local (Brazilian) affairs, I usually go with G1 and Folha de São Paulo.

User is offline   Šneček 

Mostly from our TV channels (in my case), sometimes I check the news on Seznam.cz. I tend to be a bit cut off from the news, I prefer to play games and watch crap of my interest on the computer instead of searching for news, so I see little of it on the occasionally on TV.

However, I'm never happy to miss news about what world leaders have done to piss off that disgraceful Chinese GOVERNMENT again.

This post has been edited by Šneček: 21 May 2023 - 09:28 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

/pol/

User is offline   Šneček 

Oh, I completely forgot about Google News on mobile. Without it, I wouldn't be able to keep track of which game store is offering what for free!
Of course, I look at a lot of other news there, too. Like optical illusions- if I can see a dog when there's a picture of a cat.

It's more of an (American) opinion piece, but I usually just check Real Clear Politics, which links to a bunch of different news articles from that day, with a few original pieces. Keeps a nice balance across the political spectrum, so you can see what a wide variety of journalists are thinking. Not all websites they link to are created equal of course, they regularly link to Vox of all websites, but most are interesting.

User is offline   Hank 

Main sources are our acquaintances/friends/family, things I care about, then a little Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg and Science Daily. :D

User is offline   jkas789 

Not from my president's daily morning show I can tell you that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options