Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever 1998 and 1999 Art Assets Leaked! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever 1998 and 1999 Art Assets Leaked!  "It does not include any build from that period"

User is offline   nino76 

https://rentry.org/x0r_jmp

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Yeah, we saw this coming.

I'm beginning to wonder what the finale to this leak adventure is going to be. Is the order everything is coming out in arbitrary, or are they building to something?

They have an email address where people can send materials to them. Surely this is the work of a group and it is not one single person that has access to all of these, so presumably, they will release things roughly in the order they are sent to them.

Edit:

and by the way, this is not any build from 1998 or 1999 but just art assets from that time period.

User is offline   nino76 

Gameplay video on youtube

This post has been edited by nino76: 11 January 2023 - 08:57 AM

View PostKristian Joensen, on 11 January 2023 - 05:10 AM, said:

They have an email address where people can send materials to them. Surely this is the work of a group and it is not one single person that has access to all of these, so presumably, they will release things roughly in the order they are sent to them.

I suppose that makes sense.

I know it's almost certainly not the case, but the idea of multiple former 3DR staff/Duke devs all reuniting after several decades to dump everything that never saw the light of day is a comforting one (even if it's probably not true).

View PostNinety-Six, on 11 January 2023 - 09:35 AM, said:

I suppose that makes sense.

I know it's almost certainly not the case, but the idea of multiple former 3DR staff/Duke devs all reuniting after several decades to dump everything that never saw the light of day is a comforting one (even if it's probably not true).

No, but a number of them independently saying: "Aww, screw it. This is 20 years old matetial and I eill probably not be caught" is a bit more likely.

View Postnino76, on 11 January 2023 - 08:55 AM, said:

Nope, that is a fan recreation - as the description states.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostKristian Joensen, on 11 January 2023 - 10:58 AM, said:

No, but a number of them independently saying: "Aww, screw it. This is 20 years old matetial and I eill probably not be caught" is a bit more likely.

Nope.

It's Scott.

View PostNinety-Six, on 11 January 2023 - 02:43 AM, said:

I'm beginning to wonder what the finale to this leak adventure is going to be. Is the order everything is coming out in arbitrary, or are they building to something?

There is no "finale." There is nothing coming down the pipe. We literally heard it privately from certain parties that Duke is considered dead.

Which is exactly why these leaks are happening without opposition. There is none. There's no money to be made. Duke is dead.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostOpenMaw, on 12 January 2023 - 04:48 AM, said:

There is no "finale." There is nothing coming down the pipe. We literally heard it privately from certain parties that Duke is considered dead.

Which is exactly why these leaks are happening without opposition. There is none. There's no money to be made. Duke is dead.

I think he's talking about the finale of the leaks. As in 'what will the final leak be?'

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 12 January 2023 - 08:55 AM, said:

I think he's talking about the finale of the leaks. As in 'what will the final leak be?'

This exactly.

View PostOpenMaw, on 12 January 2023 - 04:48 AM, said:

I don't doubt this, but why would the higher ups think this if they haven't even tried? Unless they really thought Bulletstorm and the 20th anniversary was "testing the waters." If so, they're missing out big here.

This post has been edited by hismasterplan: 22 January 2023 - 09:13 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I think that's exactly it.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

In no uncertain terms, Duke is considered by TPTB "too toxic." Certain people who used to be involved have stated that they lament that "George" pushed Duke in the adult direction he went. They said they were "never on board" with that... Which is rich if you realize that there's a joke in the final version of DNF that goes all the way back to the earliest information we have on DNF, that came from this guy, and its one of the more overtly lewd, x-rated "jokes." I guess time changes some people, but that outright fabrication... Well we saw some of that nonsense go on with Ion Maiden too.

Those that control the flow of cash have basically made it clear, bare bare bare minimum... If Duke as a brand ever does make a come back, he will not be the Duke Nukem we knew. Realistically, he's been gone a long time, and as one of them said, and I'm directly quoting him here "Duke is dead." I hate to say it, but I could see Duke rebooted more in the direction of something like Fortnight. You might think that sounds insane, but there has been talk about it over the years. Of making a softer character who is "cool" but not "fuckin' cool." We'll have blood, but it'll be bright neon colors. We'll have one-liners, but they'll never go beyond a soft PG-13. If you can imagine it, I'm sorry, but that's actually a distinct possibility.

That's not me saying that. That's the person in question.

Which means we're getting garbage. The left over scraps.

Remember a couple years back, Randy wanted to make a big re-release of DNF with World Tour, and the Megaton content, and Manhattan Project, and have the 2001 content as a special "bonus" ? Remember that? That was the top figure of Gearbox stating publicly that was the intention... and then nothing ever came of it. Those on high have made it clear, they have no financial interest in pursuing Duke Nukem the IP. For Gearbox, the cash cow is Borderlands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options