Duke4.net Forums: Spicy topicless thread - enter at own risk - Duke4.net Forums

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spicy topicless thread - enter at own risk

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

The freedom to practice our religion in peace.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

kb+mouse vs. controller

Posted Image

who knew this could be so entertaining?

people being little bitches gets the thread exiled to the outhouse, but rants about nazis and profanity laden hate posts involving some corrupt slavs and rus murdering each other is perfectly fine for public consumption.
I have yet to figure out if there is any kind of standard on this forum.
The only common denominator i've been able to discern is if the admin/mods, or one of their chosen forum users that is considered in high regards, has to put in their two cents, the thread gets moved so their behavior isn't forward facing the open forum.

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 August 2022 - 08:13 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The problem was not the content of the discussion, but someone attacking people on a random thread.................

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postlethal injection, on 11 August 2022 - 02:45 PM, said:

LOL at the censorship of names in your image. For a guy that just told me a week ago that you didn't partake in such leftist behavior, here we are. We all know it's furry striker crying, so why even bother? Not only that but you just contributed to cancel culture. Great job. Geriatric biden is the president you deserve.

This is why I don't even use the term "cancel culture" anymore. The term has been so abused and watered-down that it's almost meaningless. Paradigmatic examples of cancel culture involve people getting dogpiled and harrassed on social media and facing real-world consequences such as loss of income, simply because they expressed opinions that went against the dominant narrative.

Avenger got banned from a small fan-forum because he insulted multiple other users for no good reason, made false accusations and derailed threads, then continued such behavior after being warned. The names discussing his possible ban were removed simply because the discussion was in a private channel and I did not get permission to post the conversation. If you want to call any of this "leftist behavior", you are being just as silly as the people who refer to routine police actions as fascism.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I'm going to poop on your lawn and if you try to stop me that's cancel culture!

User is offline   Forge 

View PostFox, on 16 August 2022 - 12:32 PM, said:

The problem was not the content of the discussion, but someone attacking people on a random thread.................

uh-huh
and it is perfectly okay for someone to wreck a thread so they could call people nazis, other profanity laden insults, and execute personal attacks based on political opinions or country of origin/genealogy.
got it.

sounds like a controlled narrative
stupid nazi fox

Posted Image

hmm. it is kinda fun and meaningless.
carry on

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 August 2022 - 07:59 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostForge, on 17 August 2022 - 07:16 AM, said:

uh-huh
and it is perfectly okay for someone to wreck a thread so they could call people nazis, other profanity laden insults, and execute personal attacks based on political opinions or country of origin/genealogy.
got it.

If you are referring to Gingis, that thread was also split off and he was removed. However, the moderators aren't a hivemind nor are they always paying attention. This results in some inconsistencies.

Pushing on this point and insisting on consistency might result in change but it won't necessarily be change that you will like.

User is offline   DevoNukem 

i downvoted this on accident, sorry.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostDanukem, on 17 August 2022 - 12:26 PM, said:

the moderators aren't a hivemind

I admit I'm lazy with that job

But I'm not sure what exactly Forge wants. He called me a Nazi for being loose with the rules? Clearly he would not like what he's asking for.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

>still caring about this

There's no consistency in moderation here. It doesn't matter anyway.

• banned!

View PostFox, on 17 August 2022 - 12:39 PM, said:

But I'm not sure what exactly Forge wants.

Ban Gingis to atone for your sin of banning the best member of this forum. And if you ever need a fuck-up to replace someone, just give me a call and I'll bring the pain (again).

This post has been edited by Thrice Cursed: 17 August 2022 - 07:02 PM

User is offline   Fox 

View PostThrice Cursed, on 17 August 2022 - 07:00 PM, said:

Ban Gingis to atone for your sin of banning the best member of this forum. And if you ever need a fuck-up to replace someone, just give me a call and I'll bring the pain (again).

I haven't banned anyone.....

• banned!

Then who is gay?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostThrice Cursed, on 18 August 2022 - 11:25 AM, said:

Then who is gay?

You?

• banned!

Anyway you fucks just ban Gingis, he's the top gay. I freely give myself up too. Come on, ban one get one for free!

User is offline   Fox 

From what I can tell, Gengis Khan already got banned

• banned!

Great!

User is offline   Forge 

"In my opinion the Outhouse is not a thing that should exist, so I won't move the thread there."
- Mahatma Gandhi, circa 21 July 2022. colorized

"Imagine if all the people used the ignore feature, it's easy if you try"
- John Lennon, circa 1971

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 August 2022 - 05:23 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostFox, on 17 August 2022 - 12:39 PM, said:

But I'm not sure what exactly Forge wants. He called me a Nazi for being loose with the rules? Clearly he would not like what he's asking for.

clearly you don't understand ironic commentary, or know what i'm asking for

we all know the outhouse was started as damage control over some fabricated transphobic/homophobic bullshit. That and those damn toxic duke nukem community members who give zero fucks are going to perpetuate a bad image and ruin Ion Maiden sales.

now it's just a dumping ground for dumpster fires when mods feel like it. Especially when certain members of the community, who are sensitive, get involved in little tiffs. Or a mod decides to throw in their two cents then has to hide their response to some cheap bait.
Every instance of fag or retard must be cleansed from the site.

In a certain thread I was called a nazi for commenting that a certain dictator's invasion of a neighboring country was unjust. The nazi label was slung around generously with a thick brush.

Under 'normal' conditions, when racism or that word gets used, the thread is buried faster than a rich parent with only one heir. But that thread generally supports a certain popular narrative - dog pile on the russian/poor ukraine - it can stay. It makes the community look sympathetic to a popular cause. See how nasty this bully is? Well we bullied him right back. We did good didn't we potential future customer with certain socio-political views?

Since it's okay to call me, and several other people, a nazi (and i'm absolutely fine with this, I really don't care what some internet npc bot calls me) - then you, and anybody else I feel like calling a nazi, are nazis.
Stupid nazi fox.

Posted Image

this was obviously not the real reason, because the example I referenced was the exact same thing, just some different actors involved and a different subject.
So there must be some narrative that is supported by the forum admin to allow this to remain public facing, while hiding all their other naughty secrets.
How many fingers am I holding up, winston?

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 August 2022 - 06:14 AM

User is offline   Aleks 

View PostForge, on 20 August 2022 - 05:28 AM, said:

Posted Image

I only check on this thread to see if it's already turned into furry nazi BDSM shitposting.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostAleks, on 20 August 2022 - 06:20 AM, said:

I only check on this thread to see if it's already turned into furry nazi BDSM shitposting.

it's not an honest thread until some level of Godwin's Law is achieved

implying that i support people being banned and being pro-censorship is ludicrous at best, so pardon me for having a bit of fun.
i found it amusing that I made note of inconsistencies in 'policy enforcement' and they went the 'more censorship' direction instead of the 'no censorship' direction.
Says more about them and their mindset

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 August 2022 - 09:58 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

I simply pointed out that you might not like the results of more consistency; that's not a push for censorship. "Consistency" would probably mean that blanket simple rules would be used instead of individual judgments of moderators about what's needed in specific situations. It's very difficult to craft good rules and personally I would rather live with the inconsistency. I know that's easy for me to say as one of the moderators, but I think I would say the same even if I were a normal member. For example, let's say we ban certain words. That could make enforcement simple and consistent. But then it doesn't account for friends just fucking with each other, or your ironic commentary, and so on.

There's a big difference between this forum and certain others I won't mention where people get banned a lot and for bullshit reasons. At those other forums the moderators enjoy wielding power. Here, we don't enjoy wielding any power and we don't even want to do our jobs. We want to make our games/mods in peace and live our lives and we want the forum members to enjoy having a place to talk without needless drama.

But what happens is, sometimes we get dragged into some dispute because of people acting shitty and people getting upset and complaining. And then after reluctantly doing something about it, we get blamed for inconsistency.

Here's an analogy. Imagine you are building a sandcastle on a beach with your friends, but you have been asked to babysit a group of kids who is playing nearby, and the group includes some toddlers. Every now and then, you hear screaming from the kids and you have to go over and tend to them. One of them has shit their pants and they are trying to smear the shit onto the faces of the other kids. So you give that kid a timeout and call the parents -- they are banned from playing with the others. But now some of the other kids complain -- what about the other kid from last week who not only smeared shit around but also peed on the other kids and wasn't kicked out for a long time? Also, what about the kid who yelled insults at the other kids but never touched them, and is still here playing; shouldn't that kid be kicked out too?

EDIT: Also, to be clear Forge -- you aren't one of the kids, you are more like a heckler who watches both the kids and adults and likes to stir the pot every now and then.

This post has been edited by Danukem: 20 August 2022 - 01:43 PM

• banned!

I think it's kinda cute how you guys will write long thought out arguments at each other when this place barely has any activity to speak of. The Gingis debacle was contained in a single thread that you could just ignore. Avenger was attacking other members, but beyond that, it's fairly uncommon. I started some shit but I'm bored of that now. I even apologized to Wieder and meant it. Not to take anything back (as far as my arguments), but honestly people have serious psychological problems that sometimes manifest in weird belief systems , and I think the onus is on the person who realizes that they are the more sane party, to end the argument. You guys are a small self contained unit and yeah you kinda deserve to just be left alone to do your own thing. Just maybe develop some awareness that this once in a blue moon type of shit slinging isn't really a high stakes situation. Don't waste your brain effort on this. All the modding that (barely) happens here is so... mild and everyone is mostly a reasonable person. If I really look back on it, the complaints I'd have would be minor.

All you regulars have been here for so many years that I can hardly even imagine it. There shouldn't be anything to work out anymore. You all know each other.

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

View PostThrice Cursed, on 20 August 2022 - 04:24 PM, said:

but honestly people have serious psychological problems that sometimes manifest in weird belief systems , and I think the onus is on the person who realizes that they are the more sane party, to end the argument.

Or maybe people with serious psychological problems shouldn't use a video game web forum as their personal form of therapy, and making their weird belief systems everyone else's problem.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostDanukem, on 20 August 2022 - 01:31 PM, said:

I simply pointed out that you might not like the results of more consistency

if i'm anti-ban and anti-hiding threads, then promising me that I won't like the results implies more of the things I don't like.
You're not the tricksy type, or mildly retarded like me, so I'm fairly confident there are no hidden meanings or innuendos in your statement.

you are completely ignoring this statement:

i was not the one who pointed out that two instances of very similar behavior were not similar, when they are quite clearly very similar.
posting something like that and enforcing rules on the above statement is inconsistent.
It'd simply be more honest to say that he just didn't give a damn about it and locking it was more energy than he cared to expend on it. If I didn't like it I could send my boo-hoos up the chain and see what that gets me.
I'd bitch about moving everything out of the outhouse, posted a picture of a fox taking a shit, and been over it already.

We chose another line of tact, so that allows me to interpret the threads any way I see fit. One walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, but apparently isn't a duck.
So nazis and making fun of south-eastern european ethnicities is on the menu.
I have once again escaped from the box called moderation on this forum.
If anyone thinks I have a personal problem with fox or dan, go get your head checked. I am quite fond of both of them. In a plutonic sort of way. No Fag.

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 August 2022 - 09:03 PM

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

• banned!

View PostReaper_Man, on 20 August 2022 - 07:01 PM, said:

Or maybe people with serious psychological problems shouldn't use a video game web forum as their personal form of therapy, and making their weird belief systems everyone else's problem.

Think about it though. People that obsess over video games to the point where they'd sign up on a forum to talk to other likeminded individuals, aren't exactly sane. None of you are dangerous, but quite a few of you seem unwell. There are borderline fucking homeless people here like NinetySix and High Treason. PTSD'd out former marines as well as schizophrenics. You name a disorder and I can find you a regular who is either diagnosed or shows symptoms. All that stuff... leaks out eventually. Maybe there's a lesson here about solidarity, class consciousness, openness about mental health.... nah, sorry, just me rambling again.

View PostForge, on 20 August 2022 - 08:48 PM, said:

In a plutonic sort of way. No Fag.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Thrice Cursed: 21 August 2022 - 11:07 AM

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostThrice Cursed, on 21 August 2022 - 10:55 AM, said:

Think about it though. People that obsess over video games to the point where they'd sign up on a forum to talk to other likeminded individuals, aren't exactly sane. None of you are dangerous, but quite a few of you seem unwell. There are borderline fucking homeless people here like NinetySix and High Treason. PTSD'd out former marines as well as schizophrenics. You name a disorder and I can find you a regular who is either diagnosed or shows symptoms. All that stuff... leaks out eventually. Maybe there's a lesson here about solidarity, class consciousness, openness about mental health.... nah, sorry, just me rambling again.

I think it's actually a pretty healthy sign that one would try and connect with other likeminded individuals in lieu of remaining isolated (in general), out of all the wrong that can otherwise come with obsession, it's progress or at the very least an attempt at some versus pure developmental stagnation. It does regularly sound a bit like you hold a (society-induced?) stigma against niche hobbies and interests, labeling them as crazy whereas I think those are as natural to have as the next, just like you're not crazy for listening to more than pop music - it's basic human curiosity, and personality. And it's recognizing, then embracing that nature that at the end of the day contributes to this world with true art. People shouldn't be discouraged from being themselves regardless of how many traffic cones and flashing red lights the system will throw their way to try and redirect them towards passive consumption instead.

But I'm not immune to that shit either, I think the status quo just a constant struggle for any daring creative. I would be lying if I said I didn't question my sanity and time sink every time I fire up Mapster, but then I remember all artists at least at some point, moment or degree feel this and laugh because if the curse looks like a pattern then it's only so personal. And then I shit out 500 sectors in an hour because you know, I'm a beast or something. In a sense, that's also why we don't especially need to be reminded that what we do is secret - this website is literally named Duke4, we know.

Do you still believe in a clear frontier between well and unwell, too? In this world we're both looking at, can you seriously pinpoint any living example of someone who would be completely 'well'? Not a rhetoric question at all by the way - I'd really be intrigued. Personally I honestly tend to think everyone is just low-key fucking demented and there's actually nothing wrong with that as long as their behavior isn't toxic or problematic as far as incompatible with the rest of the community, but it's otherwise natural for people to be devoured by certain frustrations within the context of a system where most existential answers are concealed and replaced with brands and figures (now I'm way more scared by that type of fanatics, as far as I'm concerned). The moment one accepts that general condition I think is when they start making progress of their own.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 21 August 2022 - 11:22 PM

User is offline   Fox 

Duke4.net is full of people with mental problems. Including the owners and most active users.

However, Avenger mental problems manifested in the worst way possible, attacking people. No thanks.

• banned!

View Postck3D, on 21 August 2022 - 09:16 PM, said:

I think it's actually a pretty healthy sign that one would try and connect with other likeminded individuals in lieu of remaining isolated (in general),

In this world we're both looking at, can you seriously pinpoint any living example of someone who would be completely 'well'? Not a rhetoric question at all by the way - I'd really be intrigued.

The way you write makes my brain melt sometimes (it's just like those super verbose people that could make their point with half as much text) but I picked out these two points that I'll address:

1) I didn't mean that wanting to connect is the sign of unsanity, it's more the particular obsession with video games which culminates in going even deeper into it with other people. If you're obsessed and also completely isolated, that's probably worse, yes, but compared to average people who only play occasionally and choose not to engage with the community, no.

2) No, not everyone is crazy like people here. This is a tiny population and yet almost everyone seems to have problems, just like on Doomworld. IRL or even on larger internet forums that are more general and less niche based, you see that much less.

It's not a value judgment on my part like you're all worthless maniacs. I'm a maniac too. I'm as much part of this as anyone else.

As for Avenger I guess I found him funny, that's all. But it doesn't matter anymore now that he's gone. I'm not crying, you're crying!

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options