Duke4.net Forums: Spicy topicless thread - enter at own risk - Duke4.net Forums

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spicy topicless thread - enter at own risk

User is offline   Avenger 

View PostGemaH, on 15 July 2021 - 04:42 PM, said:

Is there a way to make this work with a gamepad?

Starting the launcher with "all supported devices" still only gives me control options for keyboard and mouse only.

Playing a FPS with a controller is blasphemy.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I won't say it's blasphemy...that's too much.

But I got used to use keyboard/keyboard+mouse so much that I never want to play FPS with controller, no matter how good it played with controller.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 14 July 2022 - 08:42 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 14 July 2022 - 07:37 AM, said:

I won't say it's blasphemy...that's too much.

But I got used to use keyboard/keyboard+mouse so much that I never want to play FPS with controller, no matter how good it played with controller.

Ever played a cross platform multiplayer FPS?

It`s literally nothing but console newbs whining about how much better PC users are because of their ability to use a mouse which they attempt to insinuate is cheating based on their choice to play on console.

There`s a reason for that.

View PostAvenger, on 17 July 2022 - 10:37 AM, said:

It`s literally nothing but console newbs whining about how much better PC users are because of their ability to use a mouse which they attempt to insinuate is cheating based on their choice to play on console.

There`s a reason for that.

Sadly, never. I don't care those type of games... I'm more a SP people, even the game is online I still play it solo if I want to play and it's possible ... so I don't know.

But I do know people complain about this kind of things...*shrug*

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 03 August 2022 - 05:57 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 03 August 2022 - 05:55 AM, said:

Sadly, never. I don't care those type of games... I'm more a SP people, even the game is online I still play it solo if I want to play and it's possible ... so I don't know.

But I do know people complain about this kind of things...*shrug*

So I guess you've never played duke match? Or Quake 3, Unreal Tournament or Doom on a LAN?

The point I made is that when you put both on the sane playing field with the control scheme being the only differing variable there's a massive difference for a reason.

View PostAvenger, on 06 August 2022 - 02:37 AM, said:

So I guess you've never played duke match? Or Quake 3, Unreal Tournament or Doom on a LAN?

The point I made is that when you put both on the sane playing field with the control scheme being the only differing variable there's a massive difference for a reason.

Well, I only played LAN/Internet games with CS and HL1 many, many years ago with friends in colleges and then never played such thing after that(maybe some internet Co-op matches with DooM Legacy port but that's it), so you guessed right.

So I don't really get the point sadly.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 06 August 2022 - 11:24 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 06 August 2022 - 06:42 AM, said:

Well, I only played LAN/Internet games with CS and HL1 many, many years ago with friends in colleges and then never played such thing after that(maybe some internet Co-op matches with DooM Legacy port but that's it), so you guessed right.

So I don't really get the point sadly.

"Ignorance is no excuse" factors in perfectly to this situation.

View PostPhredreeke, on 07 August 2022 - 03:57 PM, said:

Yes, Duke Nukem 3d is such a hardcore game that you're shit out of luck if you don't have keyboard and mouse. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said. Way to sensationalize my point while taking it way out of context.

On the other hand I guess it's now apparent who all the console cry babies on the board are that can't argue facts so they have to resort to hyperbole.

View PostStriker, on 07 August 2022 - 05:19 PM, said:

Duke3D has such aggressive auto-aim that it really doesn't matter. Hell, I've been able to hold my own keyboard-only against seasoned KB/M players, even though I don't prefer it. (I usually stick to KB/M).

Not sure what's the use of being so up one's own ass about having controller support. It's definitely not something tantamount to blasphemy, saying that is just being stupid. There's things like the GPD Win, Steam Deck, OneXPlayer, and such. There's also HTPCs, or just the act of hooking up a PC to a big-screen TV and hooking up a controller (or several). Many ways to use a PC outside of being planted at a desk. Not to mention having controller support can be a major boon to accessibility. (There's a number of controllers for amputees, for example, that use XInput to function.)

But like anything, those things take time. Hell, my own port still doesn't have controller support yet, but it'll happen eventually, the more input devices that can be supported, the better.

Also, nice temper tantrum downvote spree after being voted down for a shit take, Avenger.

I'm sure that's the case... Especially when the only "temper tantrums" I see are from those that choose to use a controller, insinuate that if you don't it's cheating and then end up rage quitting the match.

If your going to get your panties in a bunch over a down vote because you care that badly about your e-rep on a message board, I'd suggest asking yourself who clicked the red button first.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 08 August 2022 - 01:36 AM

Nevermind. Ignorance or not, nomatter what, I still never changed my mind.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 08 August 2022 - 02:45 AM

View PostPhredreeke, on 08 August 2022 - 05:48 AM, said:

Rednukem doesn’t have multiplayer support for Duke64 so any advantage KB/M players would have over gamepad players is irrelevant, and I’ve unfortunately not seen any speedruns using Rednukem either (and even then I don’t see anyone caring what other people use as Rednukem would be a separate category from Duke64 on N64 anyway)

Yup. Which brings me back to my initial point that the current control scheme is objectively superior so no point even using game pad support if it was available.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 08 August 2022 - 09:39 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostAvenger, on 08 August 2022 - 01:26 AM, said:

On the other hand I guess it's now apparent who all the console cry babies on the board are that can't argue facts so they have to resort to hyperbole.

Avenger said:

Playing a FPS with a controller is blasphemy.

Avenger said:

Hyperbole, you say?

Also, what you said in that second quote is completely irrelevant and inapplicable to RedNukem. This isn't a multiplayer port, never has been, nobody here said anything about cheating, and nobody here is a "console newb". Do you even listen to yourself/read what you're typing? Or do you care, just getting off on arguing in bad faith and being a belligerent asshole? What kind of contribution does it offer?

If your going to get your panties in a bunch over a down vote because you care that badly about your e-rep on a message board, I'd suggest asking yourself who clicked the red button first.

You obviously care because you went through the effort go through my post history, and downvote a bunch of posts that weren't relevant to the conversation, several of which were trying to be helpful to people. Vs. A single, quick downvote for a post where you were clearly being a cunt. So who here really has their "panties in a bunch?". Also, nice job completely ignoring the rest of the post, and the explanation as to why controller support can be a very good thing. I guess fuck the disabled, or anyone using anything other than a desktop PC?

This post has been edited by Striker: 08 August 2022 - 11:25 AM

View PostAvenger, on 17 July 2022 - 10:37 AM, said:

Have you ever owned a business?

View PostStriker, on 08 August 2022 - 11:00 AM, said:

Hyperbole, you say?

Also, what you said in that second quote is completely irrelevant and inapplicable to RedNukem. This isn't a multiplayer port, never has been, nobody here said anything about cheating, and nobody here is a "console newb". Do you even listen to yourself/read what you're typing? Or do you care, just getting off on arguing in bad faith and being a belligerent asshole? What kind of contribution does it offer?

You obviously care because you went through the effort go through my post history, and downvote a bunch of posts that weren't relevant to the conversation, several of which were trying to be helpful to people. Vs. A single, quick downvote for a post where you were clearly being a cunt. So who here really has their "panties in a bunch?". Also, nice job completely ignoring the rest of the post, and the explanation as to why controller support can be a very good thing. I guess fuck the disabled, or anyone using anything other than a desktop PC?

Are you really this dense? I know nova scotia is among the armpit of canada (atlantic coast) but surely the education system can't be this terrible that simple arguments go entirely over your head...

Whether or not rednukem is a multiplayer port is completely irrelevant. I simply used a prevalent example from multiplayer to prove my point in how using a controller for a FPS is objectively inferior. Anything else you need me to explain in layman's terms to you so that you can understand at a basic level?

You're the one crying about a downvote then grossly exaggerating the amount of effort it takes to click your profile, post history and than the first post on the list. Literally three clicks and about ten seconds worth of time all without realizing that had you not done exactly what you're whining about in the first place I would not have invested the "exorbitant" amount of resources to return the favor.

As for your complaint regarding the rest of your previous shitty post, it simply wasn't worth replying to. Were you expecting I write an essay in return furry boy?

This post has been edited by Avenger: 11 August 2022 - 01:42 AM

View PostGrinman Gore, on 08 August 2022 - 12:51 PM, said:

Have you ever owned a business?

Not that it's any of your business but I have for the last 4 1/2 years.

Now explain what that has to do with anything in this thread... :lol:

This post has been edited by Avenger: 11 August 2022 - 01:47 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Avenger, have a Snickers

• Auramancer

View PostAvenger, on 11 August 2022 - 01:31 AM, said:

Are you really this dense? I know nova scotia is among the armpit of canada (atlantic coast) but surely the education system can't be this terrible that simple arguments go entirely over your head...

Whether or not rednukem is a multiplayer port is completely irrelevant. I simply used a prevalent example from multiplayer to prove my point in how using a controller for a FPS is objectively inferior. Anything else you need me to explain in layman's terms to you so that you can understand at a basic level?

You're the one crying about a downvote then grossly exaggerating the amount of effort it takes to click your profile, post history and than the first post on the list. Literally three clicks and about ten seconds worth of time all without realizing that had you not done exactly what you're whining about in the first place I would not have invested the "exorbitant" amount of resources to return the favor.

As for your complaint regarding the rest of your previous shitty post, it simply wasn't worth replying to. Were you expecting I write an essay in return furry boy?

Jesus christ, who the hell hurt you?

View PostStriker, on 11 August 2022 - 08:43 AM, said:

Jesus christ, who the hell hurt you?

No one. I just don't take kindly to retards of your caliber. See the dingus khan thread if you need further examples.

• Auramancer

View PostAvenger, on 11 August 2022 - 11:02 AM, said:

No one. I just don't take kindly to retards of your caliber. See the dingus khan thread if you need further examples.

I don't take kindly to people who are assholes for the sake of it, having no known contributions to this community outside of being an asshole, while acting like their own shit doesn't stink. What have you brought to this community, other than being combative and mean-spirited as fuck? What warrants your apparent arrogance?

If there's one thing that we can both agree on, though, is Ginghis Kahn is a deranged PoS. What's going on in Ukraine is fucked up, and what Russia is doing is indefensible. Ginghis' ramblings are telltale of someone who's taken decades of propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

*sigh* Honestly just getting tired of this shit. I've been here on Duke4.net a long time. Hell, longer than one of the lead EDuke32 devs, and I've watched people who've done nothing but fight and/or be contrarian (or worse, stalk and harass others) for the sake of it rot the place to the core and drive many a creative talent away from this place forever, which to me, is a fucking tragedy. In one case, we've even had a suicide. Duke4.net isn't dead, but is in the long, slow process of cannibalizing itself. So excuse me if I'm a bit on edge and just... exhausted with people's shit. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, either, as others have expressed the same. Wondering if it's even worth it anymore.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Posted Image

So...no, it wasn't long. Carry on, everyone.

View PostStriker, on 11 August 2022 - 11:15 AM, said:

I don't take kindly to people who are assholes for the sake of it, having no known contributions to this community outside of being an asshole, while acting like their own shit doesn't stink. What have you brought to this community, other than being combative and mean-spirited as fuck? What warrants your apparent arrogance?

If there's one thing that we can both agree on, though, is Ginghis Kahn is a deranged PoS. What's going on in Ukraine is fucked up, and what Russia is doing is indefensible. Ginghis' ramblings are telltale of someone who's taken decades of propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

*sigh* Honestly just getting tired of this shit. I've been here on Duke4.net a long time. Hell, longer than one of the lead EDuke32 devs, and I've watched people who've done nothing but fight and/or be contrarian (or worse, stalk and harass others) for the sake of it rot the place to the core and drive many a creative talent away from this place forever, which to me, is a fucking tragedy. In one case, we've even had a suicide. Duke4.net isn't dead, but is in the long, slow process of cannibalizing itself. So excuse me if I'm a bit on edge and just... exhausted with people's shit. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, either, as others have expressed the same. Wondering if it's even worth it anymore.

Are you done pretentiously playing the victim card while continuing to rant against exactly what you're doing?

Last time I checked, there was no rules or definition regarding "contributions" on this forum so drop the entitled child routine already furry boy. Your last duke project from what I can tell was a failure, so it's not like you have some moral high ground to stand on. Are you taking cues about appearing virtuous from your fairy clown leader trudeau that you voted for? I'll be the first to admit that I don't possess any coding chops. I work in a completely different industry from video games. Does that mean I can't be a fan and follow a forum around a game I enjoyed during my teenaged years? Is anyone outside your scope of bedroom programmers not aloud to be part of your club? You talk about driving fans away while doing exactly that with such mentality. Pot meet kettle...

Honestly, I'm not sure what you're expecting at this point. If you actually took the time to research other games that have been similarly relevant in recent years the Duke Nukem community is fairly active. Keep in mind the last real game release was over a decade ago, was engulfed in drama and spent years in development hell being torn down and rebuilt several times over finally being released as a lackluster arguably unfinished product to fulfill a contract obligation. As much as I hate nudoom that community is still largely popular in comparison because fake id software is still releasing games in the modern era. As long as the Duke IP is sold over and over again while these conglomerates that purchase it sit on the rights while doing nothing, this is the outcome. With every passing year of irrelevancy the franchise grows a net negative loss to the fanbase and therefore "contributors" to fan made content.

Duke is simply too politically incorrect in the over sensitive woke pussy 2020's to turn a profit. Cancel culture would feast on a new game that wasn't drastically different and would alienate original fans. So we sit in limbo.

None of this is rocket science bud.

View PostDanukem, on 11 August 2022 - 01:05 PM, said:

Posted Image

LOL at the censorship of names in your image. For a guy that just told me a week ago that you didn't partake in such leftist behavior, here we are. We all know it's furry striker crying, so why even bother? Not only that but you just contributed to cancel culture. Great job. Geriatric biden is the president you deserve.

This post has been edited by lethal injection: 11 August 2022 - 02:46 PM

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Why is everyone in this community such a huge piece of shit to each other all of the time? And why do the admins let it go on forever? It's embarrassing. I am genuinely embarrassed to be associated with this community pretty much every time I look outside of the EDuke board, which is a shame because I've been around this community longer than a lot of you have been sucking air.

User is offline   53K5H3N8 

View PostReaper_Man, on 11 August 2022 - 03:15 PM, said:

Why is everyone in this community such a huge piece of shit to each other all of the time? And why do the admins let it go on forever? It's embarrassing. I am genuinely embarrassed to be associated with this community pretty much every time I look outside of the EDuke board, which is a shame because I've been around this community longer than a lot of you have been sucking air.

and longer than avenger's been sucking dick...

This post has been edited by 53K5H3N8: 11 August 2022 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostReaper_Man, on 11 August 2022 - 03:15 PM, said:

Stop hating freedom.

View PostStriker, on 11 August 2022 - 11:15 AM, said:

Are you done pretentiously playing the victim card while continuing to rant against exactly what you're doing?

Last time I checked, there was no rules or definition regarding "contributions" on this forum so drop the entitled child routine already furry boy. Your last duke project from what I can tell was a failure, so it's not like you have some moral high ground to stand on. Are you taking cues about appearing virtuous from your fairy clown leader trudeau that you voted for? I'll be the first to admit that I don't possess any coding chops. I work in a completely different industry from video games. Does that mean I can't be a fan and follow a forum around a game I enjoyed during my teenaged years? Is anyone outside your scope of bedroom programmers not aloud to be part of your club? You talk about driving fans away while doing exactly that with such mentality. Pot meet kettle...

Honestly, I'm not sure what you're expecting at this point. If you actually took the time to research other games that have been similarly relevant in recent years the Duke Nukem community is fairly active. Keep in mind the last real game release was over a decade ago, was engulfed in drama and spent years in development hell being torn down and rebuilt several times over finally being released as a lackluster arguably unfinished product to fulfill a contract obligation. As much as I hate nudoom that community is still largely popular in comparison because fake id software is still releasing games in the modern era. As long as the Duke IP is sold over and over again while these conglomerates that purchase it sit on the rights while doing nothing, this is the outcome. With every passing year of irrelevancy the franchise grows a net negative loss to the fanbase and therefore "contributors" to fan made content.

Duke is simply too politically incorrect in the over sensitive woke pussy 2020's to turn a profit. Cancel culture would feast on a new game that wasn't drastically different and would alienate original fans. So we sit in limbo.

None of this is rocket science bud.

View PostDanukem, on 11 August 2022 - 01:05 PM, said:

Posted Image

LOL at the censorship of names in your image. For a guy that just told me a week ago that you don't partake in such leftist behavior, here we are. We all know it's furry striker crying, so why even bother? Not only that but you just contributed to cancel culture. Way to be an enabler. Geriatric biden is the president you deserve.

This post has been edited by Master Chief: 11 August 2022 - 05:00 PM

View Post53K5H3N8, on 11 August 2022 - 03:22 PM, said:

and longer than avenger's been sucking dick...

Harsh burn. We're all 15 again.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostThrice Cursed, on 11 August 2022 - 03:36 PM, said:

Stop hating freedom.

What is the "freedom" you are talking about?

Out of nowhere, someone decided to be a massive dick to everyone in an otherwise productive thread

Best case scenario, it was a troll. In the most likely scenario, he was seriously deranged

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options