Duke4.net Forums: How to clear out/switch out character caches - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to clear out/switch out character caches  "Restore to normal/defaults?"

I played thru most of the game, bumbled thru the Pipedream level and found the cultist chibi the first time. I'm playing thru again but this time the Chibi is just plain gone: Other Chibis are black and whited out and don't do anything but this is just -poof- disappeared.
I checked in the Map maker and the Chibi is there just not when I play the game.

There are 2 things different from last time that I think might be causing this: 1) I finagled with the character loadout to try and get the cultist special gear for this mission such as personal shields and night vision, all I smuggled out was the shovel.I did this the first time as well so I don't think that's the real issue.

2) After playing Forgotten Temple as Meriljn, every single character is doing the side-swish and back-swish thing instead of rolling around. I think that might be what's causing this, so I'm wondering if there is a command to restore defaults to a character to get them rolling around again like normal to see if that resolves the issue.

Upon further testing the sliding was not directly related to any kind of character template being loaded but because I bought the cyber - ninja upgrade, I restarted and went so far as to re-install the game and the Chibi is still disappeared, even though at least one other Chibi is available to collect. Oh well, it may be gone but it lives in my heart forever.

User is offline   Jblade 

i'll take a look into the chibi

2 more things that may or may not be related to this bug:

1: The Mickey chibi in the Cohagen mines have also disappeared but so far all the others are accounted for

2: There's a weird bug in the Deep Waterway in the Egyptian level. When entering this section, the button on the west corrider under the water is nudged up everytime some enemies are spawned, a cutscene plays or a key or mission item is collected. I kept track and it slid up and out of the water and was soon out of the ceiling. Is it possible that the chibis are also sliding up or down out of the level?

Probably not relevantat all but I've not used the MIA gun on octabrain and dont have level 1 mind shield research.

Thanks for everything

View PostDukeLover69, on 28 July 2022 - 09:38 PM, said:

2 more things that may or may not be related to this bug:

1: The Mickey chibi in the Cohagen mines have also disappeared but so far all the others are accounted for

2: There's a weird bug in the Deep Waterway in the Egyptian level. When entering this section, the button on the west corrider under the water is nudged up everytime some enemies are spawned, a cutscene plays or a key or mission item is collected. I kept track and it slid up and out of the water and was soon out of the ceiling. Is it possible that the chibis are also sliding up or down out of the level?

Probably not relevantat all but I've not used the MIA gun on octabrain and dont have level 1 mind shield research.

Thanks for everything

So the first time I played thru the Arsia Mons, the chibi was gone and also somehow it didn't register that the level was completed, I dont know if it was related, but then I played thru again making sure to save it and the Cohagen mine chibi was also back. I played thru the Pipedream level again and the cultist chibi was also returned. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't remember if the prior playthru was registering as not completed.

Popping back to say I think Episode 4 solved the mystery here, I jumped up and got stuck in a wall and when I used noclip to get out there was a message saying that all achievements and collectables were locked out, so that's probably exactly what happened here :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options