Duke4.net Forums: DNF 2001 - Modding and Discoveries - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 2001 - Modding and Discoveries  "Let the games begin"

#1

I thought I might as well get this started.

Anyone found anything useful yet?
2

User is offline   Green 

  #2

There's an alternate fully animated Shrinkray in the files.

"Shinkray2.cpj"
https://i.imgur.com/vDMex0B.png
https://i.imgur.com/GMKU8Yl.png
5

User is offline   xMobilemux 

#3

Not really a modding discovery but a game discovery.
The black lingerie can be destroyed piece by piece revealing the booba!! :dukecheese:
https://i.imgur.com/GPh81v0.png
https://i.imgur.com/r7nPs9M.png
https://i.imgur.com/jQmmCIN.png
https://i.imgur.com/XuhoZzV.png

Even the boobs can separately be gibbed!!

They paid attention to detail where it mattered!

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 10 May 2022 - 08:41 PM

9

#4

Did you do anything special to get the model editor to work?? Ive had no success with that

View PostGreen, on 10 May 2022 - 08:22 PM, said:

There's an alternate fully animated Shrinkray in the files.

"Shinkray2.cpj"
https://i.imgur.com/vDMex0B.png
https://i.imgur.com/GMKU8Yl.png

0

User is online   Ninety-Six 

#5

View PostGreen, on 10 May 2022 - 08:22 PM, said:

There's an alternate fully animated Shrinkray in the files.


This image is valuable to me as it kinda finally shows what the shrinker ammo in 3D was actually supposed to look like. I was otherwise never able to clearly make out what it was.

View PostxMobilemux, on 10 May 2022 - 08:38 PM, said:

Not really a modding discovery but a game discovery.

Even the boobs can separately be gibbed!!

They paid attention to detail where it mattered!


Is that the maid NPC I keep hearing about?
0

#6

I just found Bombshell in the files.

There is alot of content in there if you look through it all.

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: bombshellskin2.png

3

User is offline   Shellshock 

#7

View PostBenjamin Foley, on 11 May 2022 - 05:49 AM, said:

I just found Bombshell in the files.

There is alot of content in there if you look through it all.


Damn nice. I just played the second part of the Ghost Town and Duke comments she has to be there somewhere so I guess we know she was not scrapped after all
0

User is offline   Splat 

  • Eat Shit and...

  #8

View PostxMobilemux, on 10 May 2022 - 08:38 PM, said:

Not really a modding discovery but a game discovery.
The black lingerie can be destroyed piece by piece revealing the booba!! :dukecheese:

Even the boobs can separately be gibbed!!

They paid attention to detail where it mattered!


Have not really cared about Duke related things in many many years, but this made me giggle. Also the whole leak thing made me remember the "good" old days. It is like traveling back in time.
I feel a little rejuvenated.
2

User is offline   xMobilemux 

#9

View PostSplat, on 11 May 2022 - 10:42 AM, said:

Have not really cared about Duke related things in many many years, but this made me giggle. Also the whole leak thing made me remember the "good" old days. It is like traveling back in time.
I feel a little rejuvenated.

After seeing what Dan and Sebab did with Alien Armageddon, I can't wait to see what modders do with technically details like this!! :dukecheese:
2

#10

How do you run the editor? If I try to launch DukeEd.exe, it gives me a series of errors and then it shuts down.
0

User is offline   hiczok 

#11

Been palying/exploring last 2 days of the build and decided to ... launch up 2011 for first time.. since finishing it on release day in 2011.
4k, fxaa looks pretty OK.
Frilm Grain looks like weird vignette and post processing is TERRIBLE. So these two options turned off, the game looks decent.

Should I give it another fair chance?
Are there any essential mods/settings aside from disabling two options I've mentioned above? Maybe a way to turn of the weird camera bob/sway when moving?

I am realizing how close the 2011 story/level progression is actually to 2001 version.
It goes very similarly. Just less charming and a lot of ideas cut out.
0

User is offline   DNV 

#12

Re-voiced phrases from DNF 2001 by DNV

You can download these phrases from Google Drive

If you find unvoiced phrases in the game, send them to me and I'll voice them.

This post has been edited by DNV: 12 May 2022 - 06:12 AM

3

User is offline   spessu_sb 

#13

View PostAltered Reality, on 11 May 2022 - 01:38 PM, said:

How do you run the editor? If I try to launch DukeEd.exe, it gives me a series of errors and then it shuts down.
Have you tried setting the folder at root dir of C:\ ?
First it wouldn't work for me either but then I moved it into C:\DNF2001 and it works just fine now. Had something similar with another older editor for other game one time.
1

User is online   Ninety-Six 

#14

View Posthiczok, on 11 May 2022 - 02:25 PM, said:

Been palying/exploring last 2 days of the build and decided to ... launch up 2011 for first time.. since finishing it on release day in 2011.
4k, fxaa looks pretty OK.
Frilm Grain looks like weird vignette and post processing is TERRIBLE. So these two options turned off, the game looks decent.

Should I give it another fair chance?
Are there any essential mods/settings aside from disabling two options I've mentioned above? Maybe a way to turn of the weird camera bob/sway when moving?

I am realizing how close the 2011 story/level progression is actually to 2001 version.
It goes very similarly. Just less charming and a lot of ideas cut out.


And set at day time for some reason.
0

User is offline   hiczok 

#15

View PostDNV, on 12 May 2022 - 05:32 AM, said:

Re-voiced phrases from DNF 2001 by DNV

You can download these phrases from Google Drive

If you find unvoiced phrases in the game, send them to me and I'll voice them.

lol I couldn't tell the difference from original Duke!!! You are good
1

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Let's go Brandon!

#16

You can hear his Eastern European accent come through the otherwise very good impression.
2

#17

View Posthiczok, on 11 May 2022 - 02:25 PM, said:

Been palying/exploring last 2 days of the build and decided to ... launch up 2011 for first time.. since finishing it on release day in 2011.
4k, fxaa looks pretty OK.
Frilm Grain looks like weird vignette and post processing is TERRIBLE. So these two options turned off, the game looks decent.

Should I give it another fair chance?
Are there any essential mods/settings aside from disabling two options I've mentioned above? Maybe a way to turn of the weird camera bob/sway when moving?

I am realizing how close the 2011 story/level progression is actually to 2001 version.
It goes very similarly. Just less charming and a lot of ideas cut out.

I think 2011 is worth a replay. There’s a lot to enjoy there. I’d also give The Doctor Who Cloned me a shot if you haven’t. It’s genuinely good and would have made 2011 way better if that was the tone it went with.
3

User is offline   DNV 

#18

Pigcop variations
https://thumbsnap.com/i/UngEZ7g6.jpg
2

#19

Someone asked how I got the bombshell texture out.

Heres how I did that

1. Put the files into a directory called C:\Duke4\
2. Open the application called DukeEd.exe. You can find this under C:\Duke4\System\DukeEd.exe
3. In DukeEd, Open View>texture Browser
4. Under Texture Browser, Reload the DTX files in C:\Duke4\Textures\*.DTX
5. You can then start looking through the drop down boxes to find the textures you want.
6. When you find the texture you want, click on it and then click File>export.

That will allow you to save the textures. Bit of a process, but I think its all going to be worth it in the end.
0

User is offline   TreeBach 

#20

Unused EDF Sapper Enemy found in the files and spawned in the game.

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: EDF sapper.jpg


This post has been edited by TreeBach: 14 May 2022 - 10:42 PM

2

User is offline   Chewbarta 

#21

View PostTreeBach, on 14 May 2022 - 10:41 PM, said:

Unused EDF Sapper Enemy found in the files and spawned in the game.


Where are you finding the names in order to summon actors? I’ve only been able to summon static objects.
0

User is offline   pitsloan 

#22

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. When I launch the 2001 build it opens in a window. When I enter full screen I get severe frame drops/lag. I can play in a window no problem though in full screen it is unplayable. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.
0

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#23

There's a fix for the opening level's funky scripting on Moddb:

https://www.moddb.co...s/level-1-fixes

There's also an update to improve performance in the editor:

https://www.moddb.co...duke-editor-fix
1

User is offline   TreeBach 

#24

View PostChewbarta, on 15 May 2022 - 07:07 AM, said:

Where are you finding the names in order to summon actors? I’ve only been able to summon static objects.

The names can be found in the Classes folder which can be found in the dnAI folder thats a part of the October 26 build

This post has been edited by TreeBach: 15 May 2022 - 03:46 PM

0

#25

View Postpitsloan, on 15 May 2022 - 02:26 PM, said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. When I launch the 2001 build it opens in a window. When I enter full screen I get severe frame drops/lag. I can play in a window no problem though in full screen it is unplayable. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Fullscreen seem like mostly a no go for now, sorry.
0

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#26

That can't be right, full screen is completely smooth for me on my laptop. Have you added the mega patch and edited the values of DukeForever.ini in the Players\Duke\ folder?
0

#27

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 15 May 2022 - 04:37 PM, said:

That can't be right, full screen is completely smooth for me on my laptop. Have you added the mega patch and edited the values of DukeForever.ini in the Players\Duke\ folder?

Haven't tried that but then, again I didn't know that there is already patches until I just got back from work. shit you guys work fast! :dukewhistle:
I remember it seemed to be a case by case basis, but I get it, this is broken code that was never meant to go public.
0

User is offline   pitsloan 

#28

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 15 May 2022 - 04:37 PM, said:

That can't be right, full screen is completely smooth for me on my laptop. Have you added the mega patch and edited the values of DukeForever.ini in the Players\Duke\ folder?

That was my issue. Thanks! I was only messing with the default config file. I appreciate it.
0

User is offline   DNV 

#29

HQ Duke Nukem's Quotes by DNV
https://youtu.be/S0MiUYz5eGE
0

#30

Hi all.

Does anyone know the lock codes for doors, containers etc.? I can't figure out the codes for bike container in "Matador" level and code for the level with Duke's throne.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options