Duke4.net Forums: Duke Plus Community Build Project DONE! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Plus Community Build Project DONE!  "The bestestest level"

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Here's a kick ass level (see the attachment) by Gambini, me, Crux Borealis & Rigelblast, Merlijn & Maarten van Oostrum (and DeeperThought). It requires the latest version of Duke Plus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  dpcbp.zip (364.7K)
    Number of downloads: 971

User is offline   Sobek 

• There's coffee in that nebula!

Finally!

...And I'm at bloody work. Will play this tonight :blink:

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Ah, I'm a day late! Gonna play it now, rockin!

Guys, what can I say ? IT'S AWESOME !
The skycar rides gives a really particular and original feeling to this map, and together with the superb layout, costruction and planning push this DPCBP on my top 10 of favourite Duke maps of ever.
Also, this one is tough, so it's not the kind of map where you think "So good, but so short...", and this for me is a big PLUS.
My favourite parts are the "other dimension" area, very inspired, and the exploded house basement, sweet !
Only one question : is normal that those killer sharks glide above the water surface ? It's happening few times and it's really weird.

User is offline   corpy 

whoa try'ng it Now :blink:!!

User is offline   Player Lin 

Looks like it's awesome, can't wait to play it! :blink:

User is offline   ReaperMan 

This is a really cool map, but why do all the sails on the pirate ship say auction????

User is offline   supergoofy 

Map was updated by Gambini

Download:
http://www.mediafire...php?ido2al2zlk5

Info:
http://www.amcwebfor...p?topic=8173.15

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 28 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

User is offline   Gambini 

Thanks Supergoofy, i just come here to update the info, but i see you saved me time :blink:

Will try to record a movie using polymer, it looks really great using polymer*

However people might want to use the r1461 SVN since point lights werent working in the r1464 version

Just some shots i took using polymer:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Those look fantastic. Can't wait until I get a chance to play it.

User is offline   Spiker 

These shots suck balls! Can't wait for the movie :blink:

User is offline   Stabs 

how was performance for you in massive areas in polymer gambini? and whats your specs

iam trying to get an idea of performance across different systems.

User is offline   N64 

Nice map, I found a special car in the cave........... :blink: :D. The music is wacraft 2?

Well it looks and it sounds awesome, gonna try it when i got some free time

User is offline   Mark 

Those screenshots look great. I get an extra thrill :blink: when I see fantastic maps and TC's that are using some of the HRP textures I made. It makes all those hours of work worth it. I'm going to download it tonight and try it out.

View PostDanM, on Jul 29 2009, 05:12 AM, said:

how was performance for you in massive areas in polymer gambini? and whats your specs

iam trying to get an idea of performance across different systems.

Considering the level´s size, the amount of lights and enemies, Dukeplus and the HRP; it was pretty good. 40+ fps in inside areas and an average of 20/25 fps in outside areas, what turned as a real drop down was the ¨other dimension¨ part, at some spots it gone even under 5 fps, but that´s surely because the portals that Rilgeblast made using ROR and/or the amount of coloured lights.

I was running the game in 1280x1024, all configured in the highest quality. My computer is a Dual Core e2200 with 2.5 gb of ram and a Gforce GT8600 512mb.

About the video, well, i started Fraps, hitted the record key and played the whole map without dieing once... but then there was no movie file, Fraps sucks. :blink:

This post has been edited by Gambini: 29 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

User is offline   NerdZilla 

Wow, those look cool. All I know how to make are detailed maps with epic size.
So how do I get in on a mod?

Just to avoid confusions since the next dp is coming on and will include this map, i recomend to not download Supergoofy´s link, since there is a bug inside the con file it includes.

Whether someone can´t wait a few hours for the next DP download the attached file.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  dpcbp.rar (182.32K)
    Number of downloads: 355

This post has been edited by Gambini: 01 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

i know there isnt much chance being a community build but have you tried splitting the larger sectors in the 5fps area to see if gains any performance?

No, i didn´t and i´m sure i can´t, because the level hasn´t remaining walls to work with.

User is offline   blizzart 

I finally got the time to play the map and I need some help:

Where do I have to go with the red keycard. I automatically returned to the part with the wind mill and from there I flew to the first part but don´t know where to put this damn card.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Fly over the fence.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options