Duke4.net Forums: The indexed hightiles thread - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The indexed hightiles thread

User is offline   Phredreeke 

For those not in the know, indexed hightiles is a feature that nukeykt added to EDuke32 last year, which about two weeks ago was merged into mainline. Just grab the latest build from synthesis

What's it for?
To allow for high res replacements to be processed like 8-bit textures. It works in classic and polymost renderers.

How to use?
Define the tile like a normal hightile but add the token indexed after the filename.

Limitations
For hightiles to be usable in classic they have to be a multiple of the original size

What uses it?
Currently only the ERP

What about other games?
VoidSW should already have it. NBlood, Rednukem and PCExhumed will get it the next time changes are merged from upstream.

Known issues
Indexed hightiles behave like normal hightiles with palette emulation disabled
Using r_hightile 0 to disable hightiles doesn't refresh in Polymost until after user restarts video with restartvid
Horizontally flipped wall textures appear in low res (reported by Danukem, I've been unable to reproduce this)
3D Realms and title screen graphics are loaded using the standard in-game palette the same way as tilefromtexture would (for the ERP I simply chose to use non-indexed hightiles for these tiles

Thanks to NukeYKT for making this feature and TerminX for merging it

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPhredreeke, on 03 March 2022 - 05:51 AM, said:

Horizontally flipped wall textures appear in low res (reported by Danukem, I've been unable to reproduce this)

Apparently it happens in AA with the upscale pack but not in vanilla. Maybe it has something to do with AA having a bazillian more tiles than vanilla (a memory related issue perhaps?)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options