Duke4.net Forums: Futurama Reboot 2023 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Futurama Reboot 2023

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Gonna be on Disney owned Hulu.

So far they have most of the primary character's to comeback for the voice acting, except DiMaggio (Bender)

https://www.indiewir...ott-1234698978/

Posted Image

If Groening and Cohen have exclusive control and do the writing, it might be good.

If it's done by Disney's diversity writer's guild, then I expect woke trash and Leela to be the main character instead of Fry

Not sure what to make of it, but I'm not liking that Disney owns it

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 February 2022 - 08:41 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

Welcome to my world.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Let's be honest, it gets worse every time it comes back.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Every time any of these shows have done this before, it usually ends pretty quickly, most of the time anyways. It'll give the easily impressed a little chub between their legs, and then it will be cancelled and they will go back to being boner-less until the next thing that gives their nostalgia hard-on some blood flow. I mean, this is an ongoing trend currently too. Mike Judge's old catalog of shows are mostly all getting a revival treatment where the characters will have aged and be in modern society and the jokes will just be oh they're old and from another time so teehee funny. Futurama will likely feel soulless and just the same shit, different day. I felt the show ended perfectly initially and they're just dragging it out again and again. Some shit is great to watch reruns of without having to anticipate new episodes, but nostalgia sells enough for them to attempt this with just about anything.

User is offline   MObreck 

View PostDNSKILL420, on 16 February 2022 - 02:14 PM, said:

Mike Judge's old catalog of shows are mostly all getting a revival treatment where the characters will have aged...

That was probably all Mike Judge's idea. He's talked about wanting to do a middle aged take on Beavis and Butthead all the way back to his first attempts to revive the series. He also wanted the characters of King of the Hill to age as the series progressed, but got overruled. Hence the KOTH cast went through the same weirdness as the Simpsons in that they aged between the first two seasons then just stopped.

A part of me wants to be hopeful being Judge has had more hits than misses. But the other part of me is screaming "How many times are you going to get burnt by modern Hollywood before you learn your lesson?".

This post has been edited by MObreck: 16 February 2022 - 03:11 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

Seasons 1 through 4 were great and I didn't really care much for anything beyond that. I'm assuming this will not be an exception.

So far they have most of the primary character's to comeback for the voice acting, except DiMaggio (Bender)

Only most, then they have nothing :P

This post has been edited by Sangman: 16 February 2022 - 04:11 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostJimmy, on 16 February 2022 - 02:03 PM, said:

Only a little

The last season still was somewhat good

Compare it with the Simpsons, which has been unwatchable for decades

User is offline   Forge 

View PostJimmy, on 16 February 2022 - 02:03 PM, said:

the destruction of my childhood is not complete until they piss on my grave

Of course they need to turn it into an unwatchable zombie like the Simpsons.

I don't know guys, between Family Guy and the Simpsons I think I prefer to kill myself.

User is offline   Forge 

when the non-subscription streaming services start removing pre 2010 shows and movies, that's when I sell my tv and replace it with a fake fireplace.

Remember when Gone With The Wind was removed?
(before they put it back on edited and with a sensitivity disclaimer)
Pepperidge Farm remembers

User is offline   Mark 

I a'member when I first noticed censorship. Bugs bunny cartoons ( Warner Bros in general ) wouldn't show episodes with Hitler or the Japs and WW2. Then any blackface stuff. Then shooting a gun. Now luckily they have been coming back the last couple years. I hope it lasts.

I didn't start watching Simpsons until after a few years and they went into syndication. Then stopped watching maybe 5 years ago. Family guy I watch only occasionally so its still enjoyable. American Dad would be tolerable except for that Roger creature. There is just something about him I don't like.

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 February 2022 - 08:05 AM

User is offline   Forge 

and when they removed the southpark 'super best friends' episode from airing because it had a muhammad character

User is offline   gemeaux333 

I always tended to think that Bender from Futurama was the spiritual successor of Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

What the fuck?

View Postgemeaux333, on 19 February 2022 - 10:00 AM, said:

I always tended to think that Bender from Futurama was the spiritual successor of Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Yeah. I also though that Fry defrosting into the future was an allegory of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Wtf dude?

User is offline   Forge 

the va for bender (DiMaggio) said he got some of his inspiration from slim pickens (drunk)
and is allegedly named after the character John Bender portrayed by Judd in the breakfast club

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 February 2022 - 09:00 AM

perhaps I was too vague in my early explainations, I was actually meant to say that Bender from Futurama and Salem from Sabrina the teenage witch (live action from late 90s / early 2000s) are characters working on the same pattern(s) when it comes to morality

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 20 February 2022 - 02:36 PM

....What? That's...what?

Did you watch those two shows?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View Postjkas789, on 20 February 2022 - 12:12 AM, said:

Yeah. I also though that Fry defrosting into the future was an allegory of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Wtf dude?

Pacman is a man who wakes up one day to find he is nothing but a mouth. This is a metophor for sexual degeneracy.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostFox, on 21 February 2022 - 03:51 AM, said:

Pacman is a man who wakes up one day to find he is nothing but a mouth. This is a metophor for sexual degeneracy.

Posted Image
You Died

yes, I watched both Futurama and Sabrina the teenage witch (the first live action version), an when it comes to Bender and Salem, as Duke Nukem would say : 'they seems to have some "chineese mafia" written all over them' :lol:

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View Postgemeaux333, on 21 February 2022 - 09:21 AM, said:

yes, I watched both Futurama and Sabrina the teenage witch (the first live action version), an when it comes to Bender and Salem, as Duke Nukem would say : 'they seems to have some "chineese mafia" written all over them' :lol:

You're the most insane person on this forum.

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

View Postgemeaux333, on 21 February 2022 - 09:21 AM, said:

There have been smart ass / hedonistic/ side kicks recorded in literature ever since humans started painting shit on cave walls and carving cuneiform tablets.
'Robots' and artificial humanoids have been around since at least the 1850s. (much longer if you want to include golems, 'living' statues, and the like)
How you arrived at comparing the two characters you did randomly out of all the choices in the entire written history of man (please don't try to explain) and then thinking another imaginary action-figure character would agree with you is a magnificent attestment to your wild and vivid imagination.
Don't let these people on this forum bully you. You are indeed some kind of special.

This post has been edited by Forge: 21 February 2022 - 02:41 PM

Spoiler

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 22 February 2022 - 09:45 AM

the best part of futurama imho :

View PostThrice Cursed, on 21 February 2022 - 10:55 AM, said:

You're the most insane person on this forum.

Posted Image

You literally stalk people.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostSkull-Haver, on 04 March 2022 - 09:08 AM, said:

You literally stalk people.

I'd send this via pm but you have me blocked:

Sorry for all the insults and general crazy acting, but I've been a barely functional alcoholic for the past year or so. Really frustrated with the world and where my life and things in general are headed. Shouldn't have take it out on you, though. And I am genuinely glad you didn't hurt yourself. Was worried there for a while (based on our last exchanges).

Anyway, I'm taking a lengthy break from this place. Not out of shame or anything, but there's just nothing left for me to say to anyone here.

I admit I got a laugh from your profile pic. Good on you, mate. And again, glad you're alright. You're probably not a pedophile. At least, I don't enough about you to say either way.

Take care.

Edit: I'm not sorry to anyone else. Git fucked!

This post has been edited by Thrice Cursed: 04 March 2022 - 01:56 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

Maybe cross the Gulf of Finland, apparently it's the happiest country on the planet

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options